Why do Pandas look so bad in most armor?

General Discussion
Seriously....I look ridiculous in everything I try on.

But I do like the animations!
I find belts are very awkward on Male Pandaren. This toon was Pandaren before I race changed to Nightborne, and the Priest CM Belt always looked so out of place.
Because humans are typically who it's designed for. Could be worse - have you ever seen a helm on a worgen? The vast majority look abysmal.
I look great, what are you talking about?
02/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Shokuo
Seriously....I look ridiculous in everything I try on.

But I do like the animations!

Generally speaking armor looks different on pandaren than on other races simply because pandaren proportions are unlike any other race. They're tubby and very wide with very thick appendages, this means that when armor is mapped onto their bodies, it is stretched and squished to a great degree and many patterns that look great on thin, human shaped races end up looking very distorted on pandaren.

But it's a small price to pay for looking this sexy *flex*

(I made this mog just to piss off my fellow raiders who said they don't like pandas)
02/08/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Eevee
(I made this mog just to piss off my fellow raiders who said they don't like pandas)

You are doing a great service, sister.
I am unsure my friend. I have a Pandaren of every possible Class, and I've yet too find an appearance I did not like. Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.
Simple solution. Wear as little armors a possible. Naked pandas look great.
idk i think u look cute
02/08/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Qonquake

You would look so much better as a different race though.
02/08/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Shokuo
02/08/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Qonquake

You would look so much better as a different race though.

Nope.

Pandaren master race.
Just got to find the right set my BM hunter panda wears the Wild Combatant's Mail Armor (Horde Recolor) which hides the whole body and her cute face.
You just need to wear the right clothes. No low res armor will look good but you can really rock high res and do a lot of creative things that other races cannot do.
I'll take an order of orange chicken, with a side of fried rice, and an egg roll.

....This is Panda Express, right?
02/08/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Zurrlock
I'll take an order of orange chicken, with a side of fried rice, and an egg roll.

NO, THIS IS PATRICK. /hangs up
Good mogs are out there.

You order will be ready in ten minutes, Miss. The total cost will be tree fidy.
02/08/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Gigabear
Simple solution. Wear as little armors a possible. Naked pandas look great.

You look indeed very fluffy half naked. Are you asking for a belly rub? You remind me of a koala.
Armor stretches across the wireframe, and Pandaren have a very wide wireframe so the textures stretch a lot.

Someday, it would be wonderful if armor hung on the outside of our bodies, instead of being a second skin. (Part of why shoulders look good, is they aren't wrapped across you.)
02/08/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Mahjøng

You order will be ready in ten minutes, Miss. The total cost will be tree fidy.

It was then that I noticed that this Panda was a CRUSTACEOUS MONSTER FROM THE PASOZOIC ERA, and I was like "FEL CURSE YOU, LOCH MODAN MONSTER, I AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO TREE FIDDY!"

02/08/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Qonquake

NO, THIS IS PATRICK. /hangs up

Patrick, that's the name of the restaurant.