Blizzard's Customer Service

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Blizzard: How can we help you?
Customer: In the last 14 days, I moved 3 characters to Stormrage, which cost me $75. There was a warning there may be a que to play, but not "latency" issues. Could you move my characters to a low population server of my choosing, being Blizzard doesn't warn people of latency issues on congested servers?
Blizzard: No. We've helped you before. One year ago, we helped you.
Customer: Um... Why can't you help me again?
Blizzard: We can't.
Customer: You mean you can but you won't.
Blizzard: Correct. Our supervisors won't let us.
Customer: So, instead of fixing this for me, Blizz would rather have me spend another $75 to move them to a server that doesn't lag?
Blizzard: *Silence*
Customer: I don't feel like a valued customer, so I will stop playing Blizzard games.
Blizzard: We wish you the best. Would you like us to cancel your subscription for you?
Customer: So, you'd rather spend the same amount of time cancelling my sub, as it would take to just help me on this one?
Blizzard: Yes. Thank you for your time, and good luck.

This is Blizzard's idea of keeping customers? LOL. I'm out.
02/12/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Insidius
There was a warning there may be a que to play, but not "latency" issues. Could you move my characters to a low population server of my choosing, being Blizzard doesn't warn people of latency issues on congested servers?

That's why you check out the server before moving there. Buyer beware lol.
LOL. I'm out.

See you next week, son.
How do you expect Blizzard to know you would have latency issues and to properly warn you of it? You could have easily created a new character on that server ahead of time to see if you were going to have any problems.
So you didn't bother to check the server out before you spent almost 100 smackeroos moving there?
so long and thanks for all the fish!
This is more of a buyer issue than Blizzards. Kudos to them for not caving to you.

ALWAYS play an alt on a server for at least a week to get a feel for it.
Blizzard: How can we help you?
Customer: In the last 14 days, I moved 3 characters to Stormrage, which cost me $75. There was a warning there may be a que to play, but not "latency" issues. Could you move my characters to a low population server of my choosing, being Blizzard doesn't warn people of latency issues on congested servers?
Blizzard: No. We've helped you before. One year ago, we helped you.
Customer: Um... Why can't you help me again?
Blizzard: We can't.
Customer: You mean you can but you won't.
Blizzard: Correct. Our supervisors won't let us.
Customer: So, instead of fixing this for me, Blizz would rather have me spend another $75 to move them to a server that doesn't lag?
Blizzard: *Silence*
Customer: I don't feel like a valued customer, so I will stop playing Blizzard games.
Blizzard: We wish you the best. Would you like us to cancel your subscription for you?
Customer: So, you'd rather spend the same amount of time cancelling my sub, as it would take to just help me on this one?

Why transfer to Stormrage in the first place?
Shoulda checked out the server first.
So, how'd the conversation REALLY go?
The first thing to learn about customer service is that the actual person you're talking about is so low in the company they don't care. They have to put up with dozens of idiots per day as well, which makes them actively resent the company's customers.

Although while I would say that they should at the very least undo the transfer and refund for you if you want(or let you choose a new server as if you had done the transfer and not picked Stormrage), it's kind of just internet 101 that if you have a lot of people connected to the same server there's a good chance of high latency.

There's also potentially more to latency than just things on Blizzard's end.
Here's how I read it.

" I moved 3 characters to a server I did no homework on, and now I want 3 free transfers off of it because"

Yeah no.
Wait. You didn't roll a toon on the server and see what it was like?

edit: Oh. Like everyone has already said it, lol.
Yeah who would've thought a high population server might have some latency issues or something.

No, it appears to be their idea of helping a customer who doesn't want to pay for their service to not get unwanted charges on their credit card for a subscription they forgot to cancel.

Were they supposed to beg you not to go?
I can't believe the most populous realm in WoW for Alliance has the possibility of latency issues.

That is just crazy talk.

But hey, live dangerously with your money and you might get bit.

What did Blizzard help you with a year ago? Another free server transfer "oops"?

How many times should Blizzard save you for free?
02/12/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Aniindra
So, how'd the conversation REALLY go?

Agreed. OP why don't you show us how rude you probably were to the poor CS rep that had to deal with you?

02/12/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Insidius
And this is Blizzard's community. LOL. Toxic.

It will be less toxic once you're gone, though.
Really? Breaking out that good ole "Toxic" word.

You're the toxic one from reading that 'transcript' which, by the way, I don't believe.

Would be funny if you posted over in CSF and a Blue there exposed what was really said =)