Blizzard's Customer Service

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
02/12/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Velencia
02/12/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Ythisens
While I don't know OPs circumstances that's typically what it means. Though Game Masters can sometimes make exceptions, its usually a one time thing that they preface, and end, with not being able to help with again.

As for OP, you're more than welcome to post on the https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011699/" class="bml-link-url2">Customer Support</a> forums for help as General Discussion really isn't the place for it. However, since it sounds like we already made this kind of exception, and the some of the purchases were two weeks ago there might not be much they can do.
<a href="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011699/

While I understand your frustration OP, insulting other players on the forums isn't really the way to go about it. Maybe a time out is in order? Once that is up I'd suggest asking the Customer Support forums for help.

Ythisens,

So he can only ask for help once? I mean God forbid he asks customer service for help more than once. He could be playing the game for 10 damn years, but yup you can only ask for help once. Thank goodness other businesses don't work like that. I couldn't imagine only returning an item of clothing ONLY ONCE for the rest of my life and Never again at a particular store. "Sorry Maam, you returned a blouse 37 years ago here. We helped you once. You can't return anything else".
Also, what ever happened to the customer is always right? I guess blizzard doesn't believe in this concept. He paid for a service with tokens. He isn't happy with it. He asked within a reasonable time(within 2 weeks). Refund him his tokens so he can move his toons to a server that doesn't lag(which by the way IS YOUR FAULT), or transfer his characters for him. This isn't rocket science. But I guess all common sense is out the door with your company. Pathetic.

Having latency issues isn't blizzards fault unless something is actually happening on their end. If that's the case, they'll issue out a notice on the blizzard app and twitter. Latency issues will 99.9% be problems on your end and your $10 a month internet plan for 10mbps.
02/12/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Insidius
Worst part of all this is now I'm in a gamer's crisis... GW2 or ESO?

Please go with ESO, I play GW2 and would rather avoid your toxicity.
Ythisens,

So he can only ask for help once? I mean God forbid he asks customer service for help more than once.

The guy is asking to be given three free server transfers to another server because he didn't like the server he transferred to. There is a big difference between asking for help because something in the game is negatively impacting his experience (like a raid boss didn't drop any loot, or a bug caused his character to become stuck and cause disconnections) to asking for help because you goofed, in this case was transferring to a new server without first making an alt in said server ahead of time to check how the server feels.

If you buy a car, without first test-driving it, you can't go back and say "I don't like how this car feels to drive. I want another car."
While I don't know OPs circumstances that's typically what it means. Though Game Masters can sometimes make exceptions, its usually a one time thing that they preface, and end, with not being able to help with again.

As for OP, you're more than welcome to post on the https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011699/" class="bml-link-url2">Customer Support</a> forums for help as General Discussion really isn't the place for it. However, since it sounds like we already made this kind of exception, and the some of the purchases were two weeks ago there might not be much they can do.

While I understand your frustration OP, insulting other players on the forums isn't really the way to go about it. Maybe a time out is in order? Once that is up I'd suggest asking the Customer Support forums for help.

Ythisens,

So he can only ask for help once? I mean God forbid he asks customer service for help more than once. He could be playing the game for 10 damn years, but yup you can only ask for help once. Thank goodness other businesses don't work like that. I couldn't imagine only returning an item of clothing ONLY ONCE for the rest of my life and Never again at a particular store. "Sorry Maam, you returned a blouse 37 years ago here. We helped you once. You can't return anything else".
Also, what ever happened to the customer is always right? I guess blizzard doesn't believe in this concept. He paid for a service with tokens. He isn't happy with it. He asked within a reasonable time(within 2 weeks). Refund him his tokens so he can move his toons to a server that doesn't lag(which by the way IS YOUR FAULT), or transfer his characters for him. This isn't rocket science. But I guess all common sense is out the door with your company. Pathetic.

Asking for help is not the same thing as asking for free character services.
So he can only ask for help once?

Of course he can ask more than once, but they're only going to provide him with a FREE service one time. I'm absolutely positive they told him that the first time it was provided to him too, but it was conveniently forgotten when he made this post.

He didn't ask for a refund, he asked for THREE MORE character transfers, to a server of his choice, for free. That's not how it works. In this case the customer is an idiot and was wrong on every single count.

Latency is absolutely not Blizzard's fault, either. Chances are it's because he picked one of, if not the highest populated server in the game and didn't test his connection there first before he shelled out a hundred bucks to move.

It's unreal how entitled people are these days. You expect Blizzard to bend over backwards and gift you free sh!t because you screwed up.
Op, you don't deserve any special treatment because you pay money for a game or services.

if they went above and beyond previously with an issue why do you again deserve it?
Seems like you're the one being greedy here.
Maybe a time out is in order?

Ouch. I've never had my vacations publicly advertised when I got them. Not sure why the thread wasn't locked at this point. Is it still open just so we can gloat?

: )
02/12/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Hamstar
Also "helped you before" I assuming that means they gave you a free service already.

Why would you suspend the OP that made this thread but yet you SEE ALL the other ones trolling him to begin with before he said anything??? I do not see you punishing them..I think you need to be put in a "Time out" or better yet replaced.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Ythisens,

At my job if you flag yourself as a day trader unintentionally then we can manually remove the flag once in the life of the account. Your acct could be 20 years old with millions but one chance is all you get for the courtesy removal.

If you make a mistake once it can usually be forgiven, make it twice then the consequences will be the best teacher.

Also "The customer is always right" is a concept that only works in fast food(and the like) as well as front line retail. Even then the sentence is usually used in an attempt to bully ones way through the rules once it's become clear that the speaker is in the wrong. At least that's how I've seen it used during my times in both fast food and retail.
Also, what ever happened to the customer is always right?

Reality and abuse by customers happened.
02/12/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Daemonfox
I've had many, many, many conversations with Blizzard's customer service, either through the web ticket server, or having a GM contact me in-game, and none of those conversations even came close to how the OP portrays how the conversation went. All my conversations were friendly, and even when the GM couldn't help me, he would at least offer suggestions of what could be done in the future to avoid the issue or whatnot, and would actually apologize for not being able to help in the way I was hoping.

While the GM in the conversation the OP posted is right, in his position, he was a bit too curt and might come off as rude. I sincerely doubt that is how the conversation really went through, and I think the OP has just made up his own version of the conversation to make the GM look bad.

Somebody slanting a story to favor themselves over the other people in said story in our pristine forum? Say it ain't so! What are these forums coming to??!?

/sarcasm - for the easily offended crowd who seems to be out in force lately.
02/12/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Orosk
Why would you suspend the OP that made this thread but yet you SEE ALL the other ones trolling him to begin with before he said anything??? I do not see you punishing them..I think you need to be put in a "Time out" or better yet replaced.

A lot of the OP's posts are now gone.
I worked in retail management for 7 years. Customers are the worst people in existance. Sorry OP, but good luck.

If you could see his posts, you would see why he was suspended.

He had the opening salvo with his first post. Folks called him on it, he chose to insult folks. He also chose the consequences of doing so just like you're choosing the consequences of calling out a blue as well as discussing forum moderation. Is that you OP?
02/12/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Sythi
I worked in retail management for 7 years. Customers are the worst people in existance. Sorry OP, but good luck.

I dunno, I work as a nurse. While I generally love my patients, sometimes despite their best efforts, the families can be on that level.
This is getting pretty off-topic, so I'm locking this down.

Let's try to keep the forums a constructive environment. If you have Customer Support related problems, please feel free to reach out them on the Forums, Social Media, or at https://us.battle.net/support/en/.