BfA Stat Squish - ALARMED

General Discussion

I don't understand... If they are going to ignore it, why speak up? You speak the riddles good sir.

Why wouldn't you? Why test anything and/or play the alpha/beta? Because you love the game and want to see it go in the right direction. Its not that hard of a concept to grasp, 'good sir'.

You said they will ignore me, which means our input is pointless. I sad now :(

Saying we will just be ignored and then suggesting we should speak up is well ya know... You said it. I just qouted it.
It looks like they're actually fixing the item level progression to be linear instead of taking big jumps every expansion, kinda late though.
02/12/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Aliandrin
Stat squishes = them taking away 10 levels from us and making us gain them back.

Instead of, you know, getting more powerful each expac.
The only reason you could be against a stat squish is because you failed ratios in grade 2 math.

Literally, that is the only valid reason you cannot suspend that disbelief.
02/13/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Saralocks
I thought it was an ilvl squish than a stat squish.

Virtually, if ilvls are getting squished down to what the ilvl is now of Wrath-Cata (200-335), the stats from those ilvls would be around to what we are of Wrath/Cata.

But I could be mistaking, not fully sure.

Wrath numbers for sure. I would hope it wouldn't jump from 14k at 110 to 85k at 120. Then we are just riding on the legion train again.
02/12/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Nerithic
02/12/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Sythi
The only thing I’m worried about is how the stat squish is going to effect lower levels. I mean, if after 120 levels were barely hitting 5k damage. My level 50 Paladin is already hitting those numbers criting.

Lower levels won’t be hitting hard at all lol

You do understand your level 50 won't be hitting that high in bfa right?

On a side note everyone always jumps the gun on these things. They panic every expansion because stuff changes.

Vanilla-TBC "omg my t2 is getting replaced by quest greens"
Tbc-wrath "death knights are so op they come back as ghouls and destroy everything"
Wrath-cata "omg Barrens chat was split"
Cata-mop "not sure quit playing"
Legion-bfa "smaller numbers noooo... 6 inches isn't average anymore"

I believe things will be okay. I hear they are giving us an extra button to press
Reading comprehension is hard.
02/13/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Nerithic
Wrath numbers for sure. I would hope it wouldn't jump from 14k at 110 to 85k at 120. Then we are just riding on the legion train again.

Yeah, stat squishes intend to be a bit overdone with WoW. But I have seen some games that use similar systems that have bigger numbers than WoW.
02/12/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Etamalgren
02/12/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Hamburgers
It's early alpha, don't get your panties in a bunch.

About 8 months for Blizz to get everything right.

No, now is the time to get our panties in a bunch, not a month from release when Blizzard starts thinking everything is about ready for release and starts completely ignoring player feedback.

But this is so early that you guys are basically criticizing a writer for writing the word "the". Proper feedback is appreciated when the foundation is settled a bit more than this.
Oh look another one. Sometimes it embarrassing to be considered a member of the WoW community.

How many times do Blizzard have to say their intention is never to stop players from being able to solo old raids?

It's in beta, and most certainly they will get around to fixing how player damage scales to old content. You know, it's not at the top of the list, as I think they want to focus on the actual BfA content right now.

How can it remove one's sense of power when all the mobs around you are squished as well? and indeed as said above exceptions like old raids and dungeons will be fixed so you can solo them again.

My fireball now only hits 1/10 the numbers!

But of course what you 'neglect' to mention is mobs only have 1/10 of the health.
02/13/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Sythi
02/12/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Nerithic

You do understand your level 50 won't be hitting that high in bfa right?

On a side note everyone always jumps the gun on these things. They panic every expansion because stuff changes.

Vanilla-TBC "omg my t2 is getting replaced by quest greens"
Tbc-wrath "death knights are so op they come back as ghouls and destroy everything"
Wrath-cata "omg Barrens chat was split"
Cata-mop "not sure quit playing"
Legion-bfa "smaller numbers noooo... 6 inches isn't average anymore"

I believe things will be okay. I hear they are giving us an extra button to press
Reading comprehension is hard.

Agreed, my mistake.
02/12/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Saidevon
02/12/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Curruptress

Posts like this are just stupid, we know how they will deal with the squish (hint it's exactly the same as the last one) when it comes to old content.People like you shouldn't have posting priv's.

People like me pay the same as I suppose self entitled elitists like you do so we are aloud as much say as we want.

What makes you so special too say that?. You think your better than people “like me”.

When you're clogging up a forum with a "problem" thats already been solved in the past yes I do think I'm better than you.
And what makes me an elitist? is it because I have a brain and I'm not afraid to use it? Or is it because you're threatened by someone speaking common sense?
02/13/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Somafera
It looks like they're actually fixing the item level progression to be linear instead of taking big jumps every expansion, kinda late though.

Until they scrap a raid difficulty then we're due for another squish in 2-3 expacs.
WoD 630-750
Legion 800-1000
Realistically they need to scrap 2 difficulties to really slow it down.
02/13/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Curruptress
02/13/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Somafera

Until they scrap a raid difficulty then we're due for another squish in 2-3 expacs.
WoD 630-750
Legion 800-1000
Realistically they need to scrap 2 difficulties to really slow it down.

Yes, having so many "difficulties" with grauititous item level bloat to "incentivize" people to progress is idiotic. When the raid content of your current expansion becomes irrelevant and soloable in the span of six months or less, it's time to look back and find your mistakes.
Change everything to hearts.

Like in Zelda.
02/12/2018 11:04 PMPosted by Saidevon
02/12/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
There's only been 1 build pushed out to Alpha so far.

It's possible they haven't finished all the work they need to do for the stat squish so it's a little early to freak out about it right now IMHO

Now is the best time to show how we feel about things tho isn’t it being alpha and all.
Correct. People who say "Now isn't the time to worry" don't understand how development works. You don't wait until something is finished to worry about the flaws and bugs and balance.
02/12/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Wariya
I wonder how they crammed all that content within 200-300 ilvls

Gear means virtually nothing......
02/12/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Saidevon
02/12/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Nubnroll
i am sure it will be the same as the last squish. Current power relative to other players and NPCS, ability to solo old raids etc all stays the same. The only thing that changes is the actual numbers.

I understand what you are saying about the 'sense' of power though. I had the same feeling before the last one, but it turned out ok. That said though - of the numbers are as low as mentioned above, like fireball doing only 4000 damage, thats taking it a bit far i think.

hope they dont squish that much

Especially when you’ll do that damage at Level 70. Will be a sucky feeling doing that same damage at 120

Yeah it might take you 10 minutes to get used to it then you will realize that you were worried about nothing.
02/12/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Allialaara
This isn't actually an issue anymore. In MoP it was possible to trigger an integer overflow but the servers now process numbers as signed 64-bit values as of 7.0 so there is no technical impediment to really big numbers per se. The really big numbers just serve no practical purpose and cause UI clutter now.

That's still an upper limit of 9.22 trillion, which is entirely feasible if scaling is left unchecked.

But yes, UI clutter is a big component too.
I like the change. Give us smaller numbers.