Am i the only one who still loves mages?

Mage
02/13/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Tempestwinds
02/12/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Reily
Mage has one of the most robust toolkits for dealing with melee so it's unsurprising that they're telling you to L2P. If you think mage is bad go play a warlock or shadow priest, they're just walking hks for melee.

Stop. Seriously, just stop. Mages have far less rear-savers and escapes than melee have gap closers, stuns, silences, interrupts, spell-locks and we haven't even started on how many melee have immunities to everything we do. Oh and mages are the only class in game with no self-heals for 2/3 of their specs.

FYI warlocks are one of the strongest pvp classes there is, at least as casters go.

TLDR know what you're talking about before you post please.

Well said..i get so sick and tire of some mages (not all, most know that mages are need to be addressed) coming here defending the mage class while all along playing melee or any other class...
Having just started playing wow again since wrath. I must say I am not happy with the mage. Not because of raid dps or PvP performance. I have not experienced those yet.

What I am disappointed in is how hollow the class feels now. What was a high skill cap class with dozens of skills to use has been reduced to maybe 3, up to 5 if you want to get fancy. I know blizzard has gutted all the classes but I can't help but feel mages lost so much more. I so miss the old talent trees and the freedom to use any spell in my book regardless of spec. Mages needed all that utility to shine in PvP. The ability use the right spell at the right time separated the bad from the good. Now it's just who gets a high five from RNJesus.

Mage was hands down my favorite class for PvP but man this class now is mage only in name. What keeps you guys playing this class?
OP you have two things going against you, your name and the fact you like zzzzzzzzz Frost so much.

I like the class just for the sheer enjoying to punch things a distance and hopefully kill them before they get to me , My main who I can't seem to post on for weeks now is 940+ and spec into FIRE which has suffered so many low blows from blizzard this expansion it makes me want to Punch puppies.
02/12/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Meatballzz
The complaints come from people who do love mages and are upset that they are not a good choice to pvp with. Being "fine" is okay if you are ok with being "fine". Unless you outgear melee and SP, Locks and shamans by ALOT, they will mop the floor with you.

Hi, you post nothing but stupid stuff, talk to your alts etc. Pretty much nothing you have to say is worthwhile. You should stop embarrassing yourself.
Leveling this one, and so far, I like it.
02/13/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Nerfedclass
blizz hates mages.... RIP

And yet your saying it as if you havent seen all the other class nerfs, and just focusing on mage balance changes.

Blizzard does not hate mages, in fact, you think the mage nerfs are bad? Look at the other class nerfs, before your post on what class Blizzard REALLY hate, yet i doubt they hate any class.
I don't like some of the proposed changes in BfA alpha right now, but I'm very happy with my mage. She started as an alt, and she became so much fun I decided to main her this expansion. She'll be my main in BfA as well. I love the class fantasy and I enjoy her RP storyline as well.
Isn't arcane top tier pvp right now???
03/05/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Elorian

No not at all, arcane is ok in 3's because of the displacement/poly trick while pillar-humping. But because like one guy did super well in a tournament, people suddenly jumped onto the "zomg arcane for life in pvp" bandwagon and Blizz caught wind of it and decided to chain nerf it's template now.

TLDR if you want to be the polymorph servant and do little else, yes. If you expect to do a ton of damage and kill players, no.
03/05/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Tempestwinds
TLDR if you want to be the polymorph servant and do little else, yes. If you expect to do a ton of damage and kill players, no.

LMAO WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS?

my god this is the most inaccurate information. arcane damage is great, and I assure you that arcane/ww and arcane/sin RMP is not amazing purely because of the monk and the rogue. and I don't know what planet you're from where arcane just spams sheep, because if you get kicked on sheep you literally can't do anything.

if you're going to complain at least complain about something real instead of imaginary
02/12/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Reily
Mage has one of the most robust toolkits for dealing with melee so it's unsurprising that they're telling you to L2P. If you think mage is bad go play a warlock or shadow priest, they're just walking hks for melee.

Stop. Seriously, just stop. Mages have far less rear-savers and escapes than melee have gap closers, stuns, silences, interrupts, spell-locks and we haven't even started on how many melee have immunities to everything we do. Oh and mages are the only class in game with no self-heals for 2/3 of their specs.

FYI warlocks are one of the strongest pvp classes there is, at least as casters go.

lol, warlocks are defenseless against melee. What are you even talking about? What self-heal are you gonna cast when the melee is stunning/gouging/silencing/blinding your !@# out of casting while they mongo-smash you to death during cooldowns.

At least with a mage you can force them to charge into your backline with a blink or run with invis on arcane and shimmer.

Warlock and shadow priest are virtually trained to death and there's not a single peel they can do on demand. They don't even have a single root, all their skills have a cast time to peel and the aoe fear on shadow priest is their only peel with double the cd of mage peels and fear has 2 melee that are virtually immune to it (DK and warrior, the two most popular melee to begin with).
03/05/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Sithïs

lol, warlocks are defenseless against melee. What are you even talking about? What self-heal are you gonna cast when the melee is stunning/gouging/silencing/blinding your !@# out of casting while they mongo-smash you to death during cooldowns.

At least with a mage you can force them to charge into your backline with a blink or run with invis on arcane and shimmer.

Warlock and shadow priest are virtually trained to death and there's not a single peel they can do on demand. They don't even have a single root, all their skills have a cast time to peel and the aoe fear on shadow priest is their only peel with double the cd of mage peels and fear has 2 melee that are virtually immune to it (DK and warrior, the two most popular melee to begin with).

Agreed, having played most casters, i can confidently say that mages have more survivability against melee/getting trained in RBGs.
I just started playing not too long ago with Mage as my main. So far I am liking the Fire Mage Specialization.. Even if it is because the Artifact I can get is a sword and I can't help but enjoy the idea of being a fireball slinging sword wielding Glass Cannon.

I will admit the mage does feel.. Maybe a little too fragile. I die a lot because I refuse to play Frost Mage. Sure the CC is good but.. There's less challenge there for me than with Fire Spec. I like the whole 'Well if I don't get this down right I will be dead in seconds' way of going. Adds the right amount of challenge to keep it fun.

Though I wish Fire Mage did get a few more fun skills sooner rather than later.
I dont play a mage.....and glad I dont....all i see are mages cast,cast,cast,cast and a little life is gone from their target,their target attacks them and poof,half their life is gone in one second.I guess as far as pvp goes mages are fine as long as they dont have to fight warriors,pallys,DKs,DHs,shammys,locks,priests,hunters or rogues.Pve they seem to hold their own,pvp they're good for sheep.
03/05/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Elorian

Mage is only good for RPMs and one other comp which 90% of the pvp player base ignores 3's unless you're a try hard or youtuber/streamer.

Mage is thee worst caster/range in overall pvp and the sad thing is they aren't even that great in pve ether and are actually bottom tier in dmg. Ele shaman might actually have it worse in competitive but in bgs they are up there behind sp and mongo aff locks.

Man I was looking forward to picking up my mage again but after some raiding and pvp the last few days its been pure **** and its a sad day that bm is looking overall better than any mage spec
Greater pyro .... With 30% haste and 50 crit is so fun. Get two greater pros floating. Then Phoenix ... Fireblast...pyro ....living bomb for a ton of kills. 13-0...10-2 is 1quite common with ilvl 930 with skill play
02/12/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Smõke
Frost for life btw. All I see is people complaining. (Forums I know I'm not new here) but I just don't agree. I do decent enough in pve. Not the glass canon I was hoping for but I keep up. Pvp I do fine so long as I pick my battles correctly. I also am just fine using my utility to help the group rather then just blowing people up. Slowing FCs dressing melee to peel off healers throwing out counters and spell stealing shields. Picking off low hp guys with my heavy burst. I don't run slot of arena but when I do I struggle and stopped bothering with 2s entirely. But in rbgs. (Again super casual so I'm not like glad level) I do good enough that I don't really have complaints. I do wish I could handle dks and wars a little better. As frost I feel like I should have enough utility to at least keep them off me. Not that I want to be able to even kill them 1v1 but at least be able to slow and freeze them enough I can stay alive long enough for help to arrive. Idk maybe I'm just not a baby and have seen the dynamics of class balance enough that I can be patient and wait for mages to make a come back. I mean as frost for 10 years I have been the bottom, the top, the middle. I have seen every class and every spec have it's glory days and it's useless days. However I'm still content and I still log into my mage and have plenty of fun playing.

This is all fine however if we were meant to do support we should be designed for it fully, the problem is not enough options to counter close range, and not enough staying power in pvp, its still designed as a group character rather then a "solo" class. I have already written my ideas in other posts.
Mage is best class. Ports and cookies make game better.
03/05/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Kianen
LMAO WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS?

my god this is the most inaccurate information. arcane damage is great, and I assure you that arcane/ww and arcane/sin RMP is not amazing purely because of the monk and the rogue. and I don't know what planet you're from where arcane just spams sheep, because if you get kicked on sheep you literally can't do anything.

if you're going to complain at least complain about something real instead of imaginary

Arcane damage is amazing if the enemy let you chain cast. But then again most caster damage in pvp is amazing under those circumstances. But if you're allowed to free cast, your opponents are terrible. Arcane is the most susceptible class in the game to spell lock, has a main spell that's at least 1.6 or more seconds even with a ton of haste so you're forced into the run-away-spamming-AE-until-you-get-3-missile-procs-and-then-hope-they-don't-spell-lock-you "rotation."

Also, I never said you spam sheep. I said that was what it's main role was. If you're going to accuse someone of "imaginary" things, don't be guilty of it yourself.

TLDR if you're free casting as arcane and lighting up the damage charts, more power to you; try that at higher levels and see how well it works.

Because warlocks don't have healthstones and their 8 second immune to silence/interrupt button?

You can do the same thing with lock teleport.

Warlock and shadow priest are virtually trained to death and there's not a single peel they can do on demand.

Why do you think they're immediately auto trained to death? Because if you don't the dots will wreck you.

They don't even have a single root, all their skills have a cast time to peel and the aoe fear on shadow priest is their only peel with double the cd of mage peels

I'll gladly take a 30 second cd aoe stun that works every time to a 15 second blink that more than 40% of the time bugs and ports you 10' away.

and fear has 2 melee that are virtually immune to it (DK and warrior, the two most popular melee to begin with).

Dks are pretty much immune to anything a mage does as well so that doesn't help your argument. Mages have a slight edge vs warriors but again, the self heals of the other two classes are far superior. You see a helluva lot more locks and spriests in high end pvp. I'm guessing it's not just for funsies.