Why do others care what others get to play?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
02/02/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Gwendollen
02/02/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Matcauthon
...let me put it in perspective.

When I started I had to wait 2 weeks just to fully access argus storyline.
When I started the weekly quests rewarded 250 rep with army. Now you get 1k both.
When I started invasions didn't drop rep tokens. At all
When I started rare mobs with world quests only gave rep with 1 faction. Now you get both.

So yes. It's significantly easier now.

I'm going to say to you what I said to the other guy; saying that you had it tougher is not a counter argument, it's a cop-out. The only reason I have an issue with it is how difficult it is by comparison to the Horde race requirements. Just completing the non-world quests in Highmountain I was nearly revered by comparison the same in Argus only got me half way through friendly.

It's insane that horde has had so much more time to grind their rep than alliance

I'm exalted with highmountain and nightfallen im 0/6000 with alliance factions.

How dare I take a break from the game I guess
02/01/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Greebi
Same reason I cared in WoD about a friend getting raid gear from the mission board. To get something in game you should have to do things

lock all other races people can only play as shadows untill they earn it ?

Or the fact that with all the changes available to rep gains I could meet all the requirements on a new toon in less then 2 weeks?

Nothing quite like buying into an expansion with the promise of new playable races. only to have 2 weeks of grinding before you can enjoy what you paid for!

Show me an expansion where the new races started at 20, are heavily tied to the story of the last expansion and oh yeah, we're available 8 months before the expansion went live.

02/02/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Matcauthon
...let me put it in perspective.

When I started I had to wait 2 weeks just to fully access argus storyline.
When I started the weekly quests rewarded 250 rep with army. Now you get 1k both.
When I started invasions didn't drop rep tokens. At all
When I started rare mobs with world quests only gave rep with 1 faction. Now you get both.

So yes. It's significantly easier now.

I'm going to say to you what I said to the other guy; saying that you had it tougher is not a counter argument, it's a cop-out. The only reason I have an issue with it is how difficult it is by comparison to the Horde race requirements. Just completing the non-world quests in Highmountain I was nearly revered by comparison the same in Argus only got me half way through friendly.

And? You also have a ton more ways to get rep with argus factions. Highmountain will have 5 to 8 wq a day. Argus I have literal hordes of them. I also have 12 invasions a day. And 2 weekly quests. And the emissarys that spawn the most often.

The fact that you took q vacation from wow has zero bearing. I worked 90 hours a week in panda and barely had time to raid. I didn't get to do challenge modes for the sweet gear. Do you see me crying about that?
02/02/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Lightbane

It's insane that horde has had so much more time to grind their rep than alliance

nothing wrong with taking a break but you can't take a break and then cry about missing rewards.

There are generally consequences to every action. MMOs are often unfriendly for casual play which in a way is what I like about them.
[quote="20760

02/02/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Matcauthon

nothing wrong with taking a break but you can't take a break and then cry about missing rewards.

When they're advertised as a pre-order bonus with literally no warning of multiple required rep grind to exalted I can :)

"Early access to Allied Races
Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks."

Suuuuper shady advertising.
02/02/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Lightbane
[quote="20760

...nothing wrong with taking a break but you can't take a break and then cry about missing rewards.

When they're advertised as a pre-order bonus with literally no warning of multiple required rep grind to exalted I can :)

Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks."

And before you click the purchase opti9n it literally tells you the requirements. It also tells you on the BFA page
Same reason I cared in WoD about a friend getting raid gear from the mission board. To get something in game you should have to do things

They did a mission, which is things...

I think we can agree raiding gear and charterer races are different though. Having raid gear affects how you play the game. Races have no such baring.
Another person using the same weak defense.

Look, this is not different than complaints about artifact appearances. Those are also cosmetic and have no affect on how you play the game, but they still make you raid, dungeon, do archaeology, farm the hidden appearance, pvp, and do mage tower to get.

You’re just like all of those people who cried because they wanted X, which required you to do Y.

You don’t do Y, you only do Z.

So you think that entitles you do get X.
02/01/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Bartholomas
Like, you didn't 'work' to play these new races

Sure I did.

I've spent the exact same amount of time working toward unlocking them as everyone. No one's getting preferential treatment here.
02/02/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Lightbane
[quote="20760

...nothing wrong with taking a break but you can't take a break and then cry about missing rewards.

Don't misquote. Here is the preorder quote:

"Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with."
02/01/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Nòg

But a lot of us paid for BfA pre-order to have access to these things. We knew the rep requirements, but we weren't ready quite yet! Now's the time to give us all a little extra rep around the world to catch up to the big boys with their fancy Allied Races! (At least, the ones I don't have which are literally the other three... in my case. *Sigh*)

So between the 18 months Legion has been out, and the 6 months Argus has been available you could find time to get exalted.

Sounds like a you problem, not a game problem
Stop crying. It only takes a month to get exalted with AR, Legionfall and AoL. It's super easy.

lock all other races people can only play as shadows untill they earn it ?

Nothing quite like buying into an expansion with the promise of new playable races. only to have 2 weeks of grinding before you can enjoy what you paid for!

Show me an expansion where the new races started at 20, are heavily tied to the story of the last expansion and oh yeah, we're available 8 months before the expansion went live.

And? You also have a ton more ways to get rep with argus factions. Highmountain will have 5 to 8 wq a day. Argus I have literal hordes of them. I also have 12 invasions a day. And 2 weekly quests. And the emissarys that spawn the most often.

The fact that you took q vacation from wow has zero bearing. I worked 90 hours a week in panda and barely had time to raid. I didn't get to do challenge modes for the sweet gear. Do you see me crying about that?

Look, all I want is a few dailies that aren't world quests, give them each like 125 rep per completion and thats it. I play on a low pop server, where I see more Horde than Alliance. I can't solo the Elites on Argus and trying to find a group in the LFG tool seldom happens leaving me with hoping an Alliance group shows up or playing russian roulette with the Horde (i.e. is this group going to kill me or just let me help dps the elite).
02/02/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Gwendollen

Look, all I want is a few dailies that aren't world quests, give them each like 125 rep per completion and thats it. I play on a low pop server, where I see more Horde than Alliance. I can't solo the Elites on Argus and trying to find a group in the LFG tool seldom happens leaving me with hoping an Alliance group shows up or playing russian roulette with the Horde (i.e. is this group going to kill me or just let me help dps the elite).

You play a paladin and can't solo rares? How. You chose to play on a PvP server. That's a you problem.
Oh no how dare they make you play a game to unlock things.

On a more serious note. We have known about the requirements since November. We have had a lot of time to work on that if it wasn't already done way before that.

Battle for Azeroth is still 7ish months away. Yes people take breaks from the game but it's not like they dropped allied races without any kind of notice whatsoever about how to unlock them months ahead of time.
02/01/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Bartholomas
why do you care if others get to do something that literally has zero affect on you or your game play?
I don't, they could remove the requirements and I'd be fine with people just getting access to the races for just pre-ordering the expansion.

Although, I'm also in the boat of not removing any content ie cm gear/mage tower stuff. Seems to be the minority.
When battle goes live if they make it just the story I'm fine with that. If they are going to remove the exalted requirement before then I think those who actually met the initial requirements deserve an extra reward. Something that can't be obtained after

You play a paladin and can't solo rares? How. You chose to play on a PvP server. That's a you problem.

I went where my friends were playing, then they stopped my bad. No, I can't solo rares, how would I solo a rare with 100+ mil health with my hodge-podge gear?
02/02/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Gwendollen

As someone else stated - playing on a PvP server was your choice.

Secondly, you should have the lightforged war frame which lets you solo any rare with ease.
02/02/2018 04:01 AMPosted by Gwendollen

I went where my friends were playing, then they stopped my bad. No, I can't solo rares, how would I solo a rare with 100+ mil health with my hodge-podge gear?

I donno...because you play a paladin? My pally was soloing crap at ilvl 895.... And his gear was whatever he could find.