Why do others care what others get to play?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
02/01/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Bartholomas
Like, you didn't 'work' to play these new races, you just played the game enough to have access to them, why do you care if others get to do something that literally has zero affect on you or your game play?

/perplexed
I don't care. I would like people to put in as much effort as me for rewards though. I know that's kind of out the window with RNG and TF/WF but I digress.
02/02/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Matcauthon
02/01/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Bartholomas
Like, you didn't 'work' to play these new races, you just played the game enough to have access to them, why do you care if others get to do something that literally has zero affect on you or your game play?

/perplexed

If I didn't work for it then how is it that I have it and others don't?

02/01/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Nòg

Remember, Gnome friend. WoW players don't like it when other WoW players get the same things that they already have. No one wants it handed to them, they just want to play the same races that (as of now) they have paid for but weren't quite ready with their rep.

I don't mind if others have what I have. I mind if they have what I have when I actually did something for it and they didn't. If next week the requirements are heavily nerfed to get allied races, what was the point for those who back in December saw "this is what you need to do" and went and did it? If the requirements for allied races are made easier before BFA goes live those of us who alreasy met the requirements deserve a bonus.

^^^ This. Well said.
02/01/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Nòg
02/01/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Greebi
Same reason I cared in WoD about a friend getting raid gear from the mission board. To get something in game you should have to do things

But a lot of us paid for BfA pre-order to have access to these things. We knew the rep requirements, but we weren't ready quite yet! Now's the time to give us all a little extra rep around the world to catch up to the big boys with their fancy Allied Races! (At least, the ones I don't have which are literally the other three... in my case. *Sigh*)

You want catch up mechanics? Good thing they already exist.

Let's look at the 3 hardest.

Nightfallen- no longer rep gated for story means you can do the entire thing as fast as you want. This also means you unlock the blue city world quests as fast as you want. Those worth 250 rep each. That's a significant increase in rep gain right there. You also unlock the dungeons faster and you get 250 rep each rub.

Argus factions- the weekly quests now give 1k rep with each faction as opposed to 250 with army.
Furthermore any rare mob world quest re2ards rep with both factions.
Lastly invasions have a chance to drop rep tokens.
02/01/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Rpc
I did the rep grind and it took a long time.

New People who bought the pre-order will be shocked at how long it will take to get exalted with rep.

You mean like the person who did it in 4 days played at level cap? Or the fact that with all the changes available to rep gains I could meet all the requirements on a new toon in less then 2 weeks?

02/01/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Rorosu
Biggest issue is thst rep requirements are locked behind timegated activities and weeklies. If they bumped up the rep given from elite WQ from 75 to the normal 250, as well as give a use to argunite by turning them in for rep, it wouldn't be an issue.

Someone such as a returning player won't have to wait for WQ to pop up every 12 or so hours for rep, he can be proactive by doing dungeons/mobs/argunite for rep inside that waiting period. More options, especially regarding features that are basic as unlocking a race you paid for, is hardly ever a bad thing in this context.

They literally just made it so invasions drop rep tokens and all rare elite world quest mobs reward rep with both factions.
02/01/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Greebi
Same reason I cared in WoD about a friend getting raid gear from the mission board. To get something in game you should have to do things

lock all other races people can only play as shadows untill they earn it ?

Or the fact that with all the changes available to rep gains I could meet all the requirements on a new toon in less then 2 weeks?

Nothing quite like buying into an expansion with the promise of new playable races. only to have 2 weeks of grinding before you can enjoy what you paid for!
02/01/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Stroganoff
02/01/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Smig
Wow is an rpg, and it makes sense that a player needs to progress through enough of the story to understand why these races aligned with the faction that they did.

You haven't accomplished that by revered?
considering just doing the stories puts you halfway to revered as is? No.

If when BFA goes live they drop it to revered or honored idc. Befoee then thogh there should be a reward for those who met the initial requirements if thet reduce them.
02/02/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Matcauthon
02/01/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Rpc
I did the rep grind and it took a long time.

New People who bought the pre-order will be shocked at how long it will take to get exalted with rep.

You mean like the person who did it in 4 days played at level cap? Or the fact that with all the changes available to rep gains I could meet all the requirements on a new toon in less then 2 weeks?

02/01/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Rorosu
Biggest issue is thst rep requirements are locked behind timegated activities and weeklies. If they bumped up the rep given from elite WQ from 75 to the normal 250, as well as give a use to argunite by turning them in for rep, it wouldn't be an issue.

Someone such as a returning player won't have to wait for WQ to pop up every 12 or so hours for rep, he can be proactive by doing dungeons/mobs/argunite for rep inside that waiting period. More options, especially regarding features that are basic as unlocking a race you paid for, is hardly ever a bad thing in this context.

They literally just made it so invasions drop rep tokens and all rare elite world quest mobs reward rep with both factions.

Dude, ur wasting ur time. These people cannot comprehend basic reasoning, facts, and logic. It's like cancer to their brains.

They will make porly made excuses to try and justify their ignorance and procrastination.

Just take comfort in the fact that Blizzard, specifically Ion said they aren't budging on this, the requirements will not change. IT will remain the requirement until BfA releases. Things may then change after bfa, no promises tho. So they can wait and hope for these to be removed come BfA release. Or they can actually do it now.
02/02/2018 02:10 AMPosted by Rayela
02/02/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Thunderçatz
I understand people with little time/new players too, but the print was not very fine. It said directly under the Pre-Purchase button what was included. It said on the WoW main site that reputation would be required. If one does not take the 10 seconds to read such things on the pages and purchases related to allied races and pre-purchase then why complain about your own mistake?

No way to know of course, but you have to wonder just how many people saw that they wouldn't be able to access the Allied races in the short term and thought, stuff this for a joke, and cancelled the purchase. Yes, most of the current subscribers who've done the content would prepurchase, but anything that might put off a buyer is probably not a great idea.

True enough, maybe they should have reduced requirements or made it very explicit of what was required.
I am not opposed to working for the reps at all, what I don't like is the time-gating and somewhat random nature of earning the two Alliance races. (By random I mean if/when you get token drops and if/when you get WQ's and emissary missions for said reps) If Argussian Reach and Army of Light were like Nightborne and Highmountain I'd have no problem but as it stands completing the entire Argus campaign gets you only half way to honored with Argussian Reach.

And to counter those saying "you had time" I only came back a little over a month ago and have spent that time leveling, earning gear, and working on getting access to all the Legion content. I only just got Argus unlocked the other day and just today finished the story missions there. As I said at the beginning I am not at all opposed to working for the reps, but having to suddenly stop and wait a week is frustrating beyond measure.
02/01/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Fengxiaolong
It's the same thing as people whining about "welfare epics". They think their $15/month is worth more than yours or the next guy's.

It's funny you say this. Because basically you guys want out 15 to be worth less then there's.

We met the requirements they set out. That means we get the reward.

You want the reward without the effort.

But we are the entitled ones? We are the ones who think out 15 is worth more then yours? You're the ones trying to take away from the effort we actually put into it.
02/02/2018 02:31 AMPosted by Gwendollen
I am not opposed to working for the reps at all, what I don't like is the time-gating and somewhat random nature of earning the two Alliance races. (By random I mean if/when you get token drops and if/when you get WQ's and emissary missions for said reps) If Argussian Reach and Army of Light were like Nightborne and Highmountain I'd have no problem but as it stands completing the entire Argus campaign gets you only half way to honored with Argussian Reach.

And to counter those saying "you had time" I only came back a little over a month ago and have spent that time leveling, earning gear, and working on getting access to all the Legion content. I only just got Argus unlocked the other day and just today finished the story missions there. As I said at the beginning I am not at all opposed to working for the reps, but having to suddenly stop and wait a week is frustrating beyond measure.

We had to deal with the time gating when we did it months ago. And it was worse then. Less rep. Less wq available at a time.

Anyone remember when only one, maybe 2 WQ in Argus was available at a time for like 2-3 weeks?

Yea, the complainers have no argument.
02/01/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Bartholomas
02/01/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Radiant
...Just like you don't "work" to raid? Why do raiders care if other people just get handed the same gear they get for playing the raid?

And with that, you're entire argument is destroyed.

Did you work for the race you currently play? nope. The whole point of having to play the game to unlock a race is a problem.
to you. Others have no issue with it.

Furthermore we have never had next expansion content available 8 months before it goes live.

02/02/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Bartholomas
02/02/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Greebi

nope but they also never put in sub races. and have you ever been able to play a race 8 months before an xpac before...nope

You just said why some people are frustrated, everyone is use to races just being packaged with the expansion. Blizzard also never said when they would formally release these races - it just happened, so naturally some people are upset by that.

Races never started at level 20 or were established in such a big way though during the course of the previous expansion. Imagine if in vanilla major storylines revolved around the horde being able to help the blood elves recover there lands from the scourge.

Or the alliance helping the draenei establish themselves on azeroth.
02/02/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Radiant
02/02/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Euda

I want to grind the rep but cannot.

I wouldn't oppose a compromise that's not gated by time at all for those who want to grind mobs or something out. Seems fair to me.

I would be fine so long as mobs didn't give obscene amounts of rep. You want it like rhe old days where you could just farm mobs? Okay. 1 to 5 rep per mob.

Good thing there's a whole bunch of catch ups already in place and it should take you about 2 weeks tops to finish the argus reps.
02/02/2018 02:35 AMPosted by Darkprøphet

We had to deal with the time gating when we did it months ago. And it was worse then. Less rep. Less wq available at a time.

Anyone remember when only one, maybe 2 WQ in Argus was available at a time for like 2-3 weeks?

Yea, the complainers have no argument.

Okay? That doesn't detract from the absurdity of time-gating, then or now. The argument of "we had it worse" is not a valid counter. People in Classic had an even harder time with certain reps does that detract from your efforts?

I've read other posts from you, honestly I think you're just a troll; with nothing constructive to add you drift from thread to thread purely to insult people either in a low-key way or directly.

The only one without an argument is you.
02/02/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Matcauthon

Good thing there's a whole bunch of catch ups already in place and it should take you about 2 weeks tops to finish the argus reps.

"whole bunch of catch ups" ? Not really, I'm going by the guide on wowhead and you have a chance, not a guarantee, of getting a few "catch-up" tokens per day.
02/02/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Euda
02/02/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Kazecap

If it doesn't matter why should it require no work? I'm all for lowering the one for void elves down to revered, but it should still take a little effort and work.

These are allied races - they are meant to be something to work for, much like the transmog armor from MOP or the weapons from WOD.

I don't know about you, but its nice to have something DIFFERENT to work for instead of the usual mount / pet / gear / toy.

I'm still not seeing any decent argument for just letting players create one other than "waa waa i want it noooow daddy"

Edit: I also said nothing about raid gear, dont put words in my mouth like Cathy Newman tried to..

Working in a video game? I already have a job. Why would I want to work in a video game?

You know why hearthstone makes more money? Because people can come in and spend money and get rewards.

No gating.

You realize that mmorpgs and rpgs are built upon a concept of working to earn rewards right? Maybe you're in the wrong genre.
02/02/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Gwendollen
02/02/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Matcauthon

"whole bunch of catch ups" ? Not really, I'm going by the guide on wowhead and you have a chance, not a guarantee, of getting a few "catch-up" tokens per day.
let me put it in perspective.

When I started I had to wait 2 weeks just to fully access argus storyline.
When I started the weekly quests rewarded 250 rep with army. Now you get 1k both.
When I started invasions didn't drop rep tokens. At all
When I started rare mobs with world quests only gave rep with 1 faction. Now you get both.

So yes. It's significantly easier now.
02/02/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Matcauthon
02/02/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Gwendollen

let me put it in perspective.

When I started I had to wait 2 weeks just to fully access argus storyline.
When I started the weekly quests rewarded 250 rep with army. Now you get 1k both.
When I started invasions didn't drop rep tokens. At all
When I started rare mobs with world quests only gave rep with 1 faction. Now you get both.

So yes. It's significantly easier now.

I'm going to say to you what I said to the other guy; saying that you had it tougher is not a counter argument, it's a cop-out. The only reason I have an issue with it is how difficult it is by comparison to the Horde race requirements. Just completing the non-world quests in Highmountain I was nearly revered by comparison the same in Argus only got me half way through friendly.
02/02/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Matcauthon
02/02/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Euda

Working in a video game? I already have a job. Why would I want to work in a video game?

You know why hearthstone makes more money? Because people can come in and spend money and get rewards.

No gating.

You realize that mmorpgs and rpgs are built upon a concept of working to earn rewards right? Maybe you're in the wrong genre.
Like having to do 15 WQ before being able to post on the forums?