Timewalking raids, and the problem you have.

General Discussion
So the idea of timewalking raids is fantastic. I like going back to old raids and doing them. But here is the problem, they are way to easily trolled, griefed and groups disband quick with no fail safe.

So what you have going on are a handful of things. First, there are instances of people forming raids. Saving people to the raid and then disbanding. This causes a bunch of issues obviously, it's a time sink and frustration for a player. Second depending on when they are saved they have to repeat bosses they already did, which depending on how many they did they could have already spent hours in there and have to do it again. Not fun.

Next you have people that don't know the fights, and are so used to LFR they don't spend more than one wipe a lot of time in the raid before leaving. I mean the fights aren't hard, but do have mechanics that can wipe you. People don't have the patience nowadays, especially people who only do LFR or even Normal and think everything should be a face roll.

So this frustration for me is that these raids are only available on a once in a while weekly bases, and there is so much to do these days that time sinking into something like that (hours still to complete, not as long as original raid, but long) is frustrating. The biggest frustration is there is no fail safe against trolls, griefing or just people that have no patience. For me I just spent nearly two hours in Ulduar only to have the group fall about because people AFK, go offline or leave after a single wipe. I don't want to spend another two hours in there again just for a nostalgia raid just to finish my weekly quest. I don't know how you fix this, other than an LFR system (which I am not a fan of anyway).

But End rant.
The thing I hate about is how my toons stats scale.
As a fire mage, my crit being scaled down to oblivion isn't fun.
Its extremely frustrating. (I'm even using the arch neck which has 3 sockets with crit gems. Majority of my other slots also have sockets too.)

This isn't limited to TW raids but also TW dungeons.
They need some other method to scale us down.
02/13/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Mhorti
Second depending on when they are saved they have to repeat bosses they already did, which depending on how many they did they could have already spent hours in there and have to do it again.

Um, you DO know that the TW raids work EXACTLY LIKE CURRENT RAIDS, right?

You make a premade based on YOUR lockout, people will see your lockout and join in if they want. You don't have to start at the beginning. And if you DO start at the beginning because there's no raids for later bosses then you just suck it up and do it.

The biggest frustration is there is no fail safe against trolls, griefing or just people that have no patience.

Of course there is, get people who currently raid or who have the achievements for Ulduar from way back in Wrath. Those DO know how hard it was back then.
Second depending on when they are saved they have to repeat bosses they already did, which depending on how many they did they could have already spent hours in there and have to do it again.

Um, you DO know that the TW raids work EXACTLY LIKE CURRENT RAIDS, right?
[quote="207600595084"]The biggest frustration is there is no fail safe against trolls, griefing or just people that have no patience.

Lol, you pretty much just described old raids where there were plenty of opportunities to get trolled, waste a lockout and your time...