"People Had Months to Prepare" STOP THIS

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 51 Next
I didn't go into work for 3 months and when I came back and asked for my paychecks that I did no work and wasn't even there for ... they refused. How unfair!

Edit: Also, I don't know why they'd ever take advice from someone who isn't even interested in the game enough to stay subbed. IMO the Devs spent too much time listening to players like you already and that's why this leveling fix was necessary to begin with.
02/04/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Zerkon
02/04/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Matcauthon
People have had 5 months to get the rep already.

Stop with this, it's simply not true!

How about players such as myself who haven't touched Legion in months? There are many and I really do mean MANY players who don't play WoW for months at a time and eventually come back when new content is introduced that peaks our interest such as allied races.

But is is true.... we have literally known the requirements for months you could have CHOSEN to come back earlier to start it but you did not..... I do agree what I wish I could just farm and farm and farm to unlock them like Nightfallen but in the end it is on me for not starting sooner and I can't blame anyone else.
02/05/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Gigabear
02/05/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Roxxus
Wrong. They prepayed, well I prepayed, because I know I’ll buy the next expansion and I got a 110 boost as well.

And other people pre-paid to get access to allied races. People can have different priorities for buying the expansion. I'm buying it for brontosaurus, especial that MOUNT.

And will you complain if it’s a faction exclusive mount that requires you to be exalted as well?

Most likely yes. Cause I’d guess it’s a Zandalar mount.
I did a little search and the FIRST instance of requiring Exhalted with a Rep for Allied Races was back in mid December AND it was in PTR Patch notes which Blizz has said time and again is "not written in stone until it's live"

But even then noone had the foresight of WHAT was required until Mid December.

Since it's the 5th of Feb, I would say a few WEEKS have gone by and barely over a month
02/05/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Ebris
Well those who did for the races and are upset. Should learn to read before clicking the button. As in words on the page said clearly the requirements to unlocking them under the button, second bulletin.

honestly I don't even care if there was a giant red neon sign that said EXALTED NEEDED! Because requiring the reps in the first place is a joke, and they are supposedly being done away with anyway in the next expac. Proving there is no legitimate reason to have them, like lore or "game experience" or something. No, it's time-played metrics.
Look, as much as you don't want to hear this, you DID have the opportunity to build up the reputation. Whether you played during that time or not doesn't matter, you still had the opportunity.

I mean, I don't have the rep for Lightforged or Void Elves, and only just reached exalted with Nightfallen, but that's because I haven't played in over a year. I had every opportunity to reach exalted, but I didn't take it. I had other priorities.
02/05/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Roxxus
And will you complain if it’s a faction exclusive mount that requires you to be exalted as well?

Won't be. It'll be the next luxury vendor mount for a STUPID gold cost which I'm already well on the way to obtaining no matter how much it is. If they tried tying something that awesome to one race, I won't have to complain. Other people will burn these forums to the ground before I even get to finish making a topic.
The rep should take the same amount of time. Right now alliance rep takes 4x longer to reach exalted.
02/04/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Zerkon
If players could freely infinitely acess a way to aquire said needed reputation

you're an idiot, its called the mission table, accessible from your phone, you don't even need to play wow to get reputation, I'm still getting loot chests from getting 10k rep past exalted over and over again, and I havnt grinded world quests in months.

good ol missions with reputation token rewards

guess it takes less effort to whine over nonsense than it is to click a few buttons
I stopped playing WoW back mid-summer of 2017. I just recently re-subbed. While I'm not excited or jumping for joy about the rep grind, I'm also not whining about it. I knew about it a couple months ago, too. I'm fine with it.
Reminder: Using words like "whining" and "crybaby" to describe those you disagree with is in fact trolling and a breech of the CoC. This is a general statement.
02/05/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Gigabear
02/05/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Taargon
..but is it really such a big deal that you have to spend a month sporadically doing WQs and sundry before you can make a new race, likely for an alt that you won't actually play?

Consider 3 out of 4 are in the worst zones ever designed? Yes. I thought Suramar was bad pre-flying, then Argus dropped. Absolutely miserable experience. Even the color pallet is depressing.
Entirely subjective.

02/05/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Gigabear
02/05/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Silmari
why should you be rewarded for not only not playing the game, but not even being subscribed?

Because people paid money to be able to play these new races?

They paid for access to battle for azeroth. If paying for access to a game grants you the rewards without effort please tell me when I can expect a plethora of mounts being added to my account. Titles pets and toys as well.

02/05/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Holycholo
Cry some more. Life is not fair and never will be.QQ
Except this system is fair. Meet the requirements get the reward.
02/04/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Cannibal
02/04/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Stonebrae
Yeah because when I'm not playing WoW I be sure to browse MMOchampion and other WoW sites to keep up on the latest data mining from pre-alpha........ /s

It doesn't take datamining to read the paragraph right below the pre-purchase button:
https://i.imgur.com/26fIxm0.png

No where in the picture does it say you need to be exalted with anyone. People worked their butts off to get reveared to unlock flying who in their right mind thought we would need exalted? Reveared seems more than a reasonable assumption.
Slowly making my way to exalted ... yes it will take a while but, i mean, once you suck it up and start doing it, its not that bad, i play the game for the PvP aspect, and i am on a PvP server, so instead of doing BG/Arena, i just wander around doing rep grind & world PvP.
02/05/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Quizotic
02/04/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Woogywòo
So you didn’t see any of the announcements leading up to this stating you needed exalted, but only saw the pre purchase and didn’t even read the page where it says ONCE AGAIN you need exalted?

Gj.

you know those little advertisements that pop up in your side windows to show you stuff? I'd seen 3 of those for BfA all of them advertising the new races and early excess and not one said anything about rep requirements. just "come to Azeroth and enjoy X race" and "races unlocked with pre-order".

what exactly from those two would have made me think, oh I should look into this more? thankfully I didn't buy the expansion yet, however if I had I would have been very upset. I've seen 3 friends return because of this misleading advertisement and then quickly leave again.

blizzard is biting the hand that feeds them by advertising this way

It's called research, it takes literally a minute before you see that special requirements are required to even play as an Allied Race. There's also text right underneath where you buy BfA that says you must have a 110 and have a certain amount of reputation with the specific factions. You can cry all you want but truth is, if you never did research or even read for 2 minutes its your fault.Not Blizzards
02/05/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Gigabear
02/05/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Thallia
They're advertising Allied Races.

Pure semantics.
Way to not read beyond that quote and the differences I specifically posted just to try to make an argument that you can't make.

YOU ARE WRONG.
02/05/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Dooroftruth
02/04/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Cannibal

It doesn't take datamining to read the paragraph right below the pre-purchase button:
https://i.imgur.com/26fIxm0.png

No where in the picture does it say you need to be exalted with anyone. People worked their butts off to get reveared to unlock flying who in their right mind thought we would need exalted? Reveared seems more than a reasonable assumption.
And you know what they say when you assume.

It's your own fault for not looking at the months and months of datamined information.
02/04/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Annastasi
The game simply isn't designed for the player who only plays sporadically.

If you choose to play it that way, that's certainly your prerogative, but you have to accept the consequences.

The vast majority of players, according to Blizzard, are cyclical players. Meaning they play sporadically.

The real question is then, why would Blizzard not be designing the game for the vast majority of players? How does that make any sense?
02/05/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Thallia
Way to not read beyond that quote and the differences I specifically posted just to try to make an argument that you can't make.

The differences you cite are superfluous and none of them explain why these races have rep based requirements but pandaren do not. That is my argument. Start at 20? Dks started far higher. No rep gate. Roll one right out of the gate if you had a toon fairly equivalent in level already.

Starter zones? That's an argument for why PANDAREN should need rep to play, not an argument for why "allied races" should have it but not pandaren.

Not unique models? And? This has no correlation with needing a rep gate on them.
02/05/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Gigabear
02/05/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Taargon
..but is it really such a big deal that you have to spend a month sporadically doing WQs and sundry before you can make a new race, likely for an alt that you won't actually play?

Consider 3 out of 4 are in the worst zones ever designed? Yes. I thought Suramar was bad pre-flying, then Argus dropped. Absolutely miserable experience. Even the color pallet is depressing.

Seems everything coming out of your end has been total dislike for the game and Blizzard, why bother playing it? At this point, you posit yourself in the minority . . . anyone would conclude that this game is not for you, anymore.