"People Had Months to Prepare" STOP THIS

General Discussion
Prev 1 39 40 41 51 Next
Oh what the hell?

This forum is still going?

Sheesh.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Did you have to grind a rep for Belves? No? How about Space goats? No? Pandaren? DK's? Yeah you had to have a 55 for DK's but who didn't have one except for new players at LK launch?? Grinding out rep for a playable race is new territory.

So how about new players who may want to play one of those who haven't played Wow before.. No wonder why MMO's are dying a slow and painful death.

Sadly, they need to earn them. Also, they could have started playing earlier.

I like this direction Blizz is going with WoW. It encourages you to play early and often, and rewards you for dedication. If they just handed things out to you, it get boring and stale.

Unless of course the hoops you have to jump through only reward a certain type of playstyle and involve repetition of the same timegated WQs over and over and over again involving reused content. Then some people may differ depending on their playstyle.

Or did you think everyone enjoys the game in the exact same way?
02/06/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Vampîrella
I did not know you had to have the rep to play these races. I did take time off from wow to attend to real life. When I saw the pre order for new races, I just bought it thinking oh cool, new races to play. Had I known you had to rep grind to get them I would of saved my money.
You can't say I don't play the content. I have all classes at max level all mounts. I even have multiple classes in at least the mid 100's I play the !@#$ out of this game.
I don't appreciate being forced to do stupid %^-*.
I'm ok with forcing people to get the rep. But I don't like that I can't get my money back.
it should take less then a month to unlock, faster if you're dedicated. Still gives you 6 months minimum warly access.

And fyi If you have an army of alts get then through the argus story line asap.
Any world quest had a chance to reward 2 bind on account rep tokens. One is up right now in macaree for example. Do them on alts. Send tokens to main. Bonus 550 rep this week
02/06/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Matcauthon
02/06/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz

I agree!

Again, I agree. You must have mistaken my posts for something they aren't.

I just take issue with the fact that people did not know until it was released that you'd have to have those reputations done to take advantage of it.

For those who bought it, do some research before you buy it. That's all you have to say about it. To say that they could have prepared for it without knowing is dumb.

Stick with the facts the rest is just opinion.

The information has been pretty common knowledge though. And even the pre purchase page tells you there is requirements.

Yes. The pre-purchase page does say that. When was that page created?

That means anybody who says 'you've had months to prepare for it' is using a false argument, because what you had to do wasn't announced until later.

That doesn't excuse the nonsense that people who purchased it are going on about, it just changes the argument to be fact based and not emotion based.
I do feel this is somewhat unfair to the kids who got a shiny new WoW for the first time and find out they can't play the fun new races.
02/06/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Tanderia
Oh what the hell?

This forum is still going?

Sheesh.

The white knights haven't gone away either.

I like this direction Blizz is going with WoW. It encourages you to play early and often, and rewards you for dedication. If they just handed things out to you, it get boring and stale.

Unless of course the hoops you have to jump through only reward a certain type of playstyle and involve repetition of the same timegated WQs over and over and over again involving reused content. Then some people may differ depending on their playstyle.

Or did you think everyone enjoys the game in the exact same way?
They chose questing and world quests because it is literally the most basic thing in the game and ANYONE can do it.

02/06/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz
The information has been pretty common knowledge though. And even the pre purchase page tells you there is requirements.

Yes. The pre-purchase page does say that. When was that page created?

That means anybody who says 'you've had months to prepare for it' is using a false argument, because what you had to do wasn't announced until later.

That doesn't excuse the nonsense that people who purchased it are going on about, it just changes the argument to be fact based and not emotion based.

Except the rep has been available for 5 months with ample inventive to do it. And we've known it was rep since November and again confirmed in December. Months.
02/06/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Varanícus
I do feel this is somewhat unfair to the kids who got a shiny new WoW for the first time and find out they can't play the fun new races.
they are marketed ad prestige races. Something for them to work towards unlocking. And they were advertised as such during nlizzvon even.
I quit WoD after hitting level cap on one character.
Never did anything at level cap at all in WoD.
By your logic, I still deserve the rewards from everything I
missed doing. But guess what? I dont, because it was my choice
to not play.

Same as now. You choose to not play, you dont get the rewards
handed to you.
02/06/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Mursh
to not play.

handed to you.
shh I'm still holding out hope I can get mists challenge mode gear.
to not play.

handed to you.

I didn't subscribe during Vanilla but I'm allowed to go farm transmogs from Molten Core anyway. Metaphor fail.
Why are people screaming its taking months to get exalted? I came back around 3 weeks ago, Argus was untouched and I happily hit exalted yesterday!

I work full time, plus have to give the misses attention to keep her happy, I'd wake up have a coffee smash out some WQ's before jumping on the train to work, and do the same when I finally got home.

I rushed to 110 so my order hall was pretty much incomplete and so, never had a rep quest show up. Purely done by WQ, doing invasions for rep tokens and weeklies.

Plus with the current WQ rep boost, you could easily get it done!

I'll start leveling an allied race today!

P.S This isn't a post having a crack at anyone who hasn't hit exalted, I just wanted to say its only took 2-3 weeks to hit exalted as a very casual player
02/06/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Terthory
to not play.

handed to you.

I didn't subscribe during Vanilla but I'm allowed to go farm transmogs from Molten Core anyway. Metaphor fail.

Yep but you Still have to put in the effort. What the people here want basically amounts to only having clear half of mc in your example (or none) and just get the gear anyway. Or the ability to run mc 50 times in one day on one character.
i love how all you go hards think its just so easy to jump on and grind rep because we've all had so long to do it.

Believe it or not, some of us have little more than an hour here or there to play. That should not exclude us from enjoying the new races. We didn't have to grind out goblins, or worgens, or pandas. So now why are we forced to with these? Is the creativity at Blizzard fallen to such a point now that features which should be automatically available with the expansion purchase are now gated just to extend the play time?

Warlocks used to have to do a quest to get their mount. We used to have to rep grind to run Molten Core. There are many time sinks that used to be in this game that were removed because they were unnecessary and we are all just fine. Creating new races and then hiding them behind a needless prerequisite is sloppy game development and feels like we are going backwards.

Some of you need to take a step back and pull your heads out of your asses.
02/06/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Quîver
i love how all you go hards think its just so easy to jump on and grind rep because we've all had so long to do it.

Believe it or not, some of us have little more than an hour here or there to play. That should not exclude us from enjoying the new races. We didn't have to grind out goblins, or worgens, or pandas. So now why are we forced to with these? Is the creativity at Blizzard fallen to such a point now that features which should be automatically available with the expansion purchase are now gated just to extend the play time?

Warlocks used to have to do a quest to get their mount. We used to have to rep grind to run Molten Core. There are many time sinks that used to be in this game that were removed because they were unnecessary and we are all just fine. Creating new races and then hiding them behind a needless prerequisite is sloppy game development and feels like we are going backwards.

Some of you need to take a step back and pull your heads out of your asses.
I didn't know it wa try hard to do a 20 minute emissary when it was up. Game really has sunk to a new low if that makes you a hardcore player.

Here's the difference f of you though.
Those other races needed us.

Allied races are a completely new ball game. We need THEM.
They start at level 20. They are prestige characters by blizzards admission
Do yourself a rep favour for future content.

Roll a Human - 10% rep bonus is worth its weight in saline tears ;)

Better yet, get in the mindset of 'always grind a rep to exalted - Always' - there is ALWAYS something locked behind exalted rep (mainly mounts / pets / tabards / toys) but it's always SOMETHING.

You aren't handed anything, you literally had to purchase the expansion.

Let's be clear, you can be fine with it. That's cool. But stop taking your opinion and spinning it as if it's a basis for a discussion. It's not.

You realize you are responding to Roxxus right? He's a well known troll. (ironic that he plays as one lmao)
02/06/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Quîver

Believe it or not, some of us have little more than an hour here or there to play. That should not exclude us from enjoying the new races.

Believe it or not, i have a 2 hour window (max) on any given night to play because of my job, travel and family commitments.

With that tiny window - i was revered with all pre argus factions by 1st October 2016, and exalted with the Nightborne (the long time gated one) by 4th October 2016. (3 days - maybe 6 hours of play time)

And thats not even a faction I can choose as an Alliance
When did Argus release? August 2017?
With the same window of opportunity, I was exalted with both Armies of the Light, and Agussian Reach within 2 months of that patch release. (early October 2017)

So again, how is it exactly difficult?
Or do you just prefer to do something different with your available time, and expect the devs to cater to your personal needs?
So instead of this reputation requirement , would any of you have prefered no early access for allied races ? Cause that couldve happened ... if i was in charge i wouldve done something similar , give my team 6 months to make sure everyone sees that allied race require exalted with respective factions ...

Im not for or against the requirement , to be clear , i just find it sad to see so many people complain about something that makes TOTAL sense RPG wise , allied race require you to earn there trust .