Best Highmountain Tauren class choice

General Discussion
What do you guys think is the best class for a highmountain tauren considering their racial ability primarily
I honestly think a great class for them will be Enh Shaman just for an additional gap closer with a bit of CC tossed it. Dunno about the best though
Their racials are very fitting for a tank, so Warrior/Druid/Monk.

Lore-wise, everything about the Highmountain Tauren screams Shaman.
Someone rang?

I made this toon after looking at the casting animations for all three specs.

I need to go make a Tauren Shaman and compare, because it looks different - but I also haven't had a Tauren shaman since 2007 when I decided to keep a Troll shaman instead of a Tauren one...
02/07/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Arialia
Their racials are very fitting for a tank, so Warrior/Druid/Monk.

Lore-wise, everything about the Highmountain Tauren screams Shaman.

I did both, monk tank and race changed my shaman main from Tauren to Highmountain after getting the heritage set.
Racials move towards a tanky spec/class but I myself have always felt like Taurens and now Highmountain Taurens just feel right being Druids. (Which also works as Guardian so surprise, surprise,). Best to pick what you actually like.. these topics will fill with every spec in game.
Either be an Enhancement Shaman or replicate Huln himself and wield the Eaglespear as a Survivalist Hunter.
02/03/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Moregored
What do you guys think is the best class for a highmountain tauren considering their racial ability primarily

Paladin or Shaman.

Instead of Warstomp, they get a Bullrush charge...which Warriors and Druids already get. So, it's a wasted talent for them. And casters? Why would a caster want to Bullrush CLOSER to melee range?
Survival hunter fits really well imo.
Melee in general for them.
02/07/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Alyuzandro
Either be an Enhancement Shaman or replicate Huln himself and wield the Eaglespear as a Survivalist Hunter.

Ya, I was thinking SH as well. Need one on the Horde side so that's probably the route I'm going to go.
Can't go wrong with Monk.
02/07/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Loother
02/03/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Moregored

Paladin or Shaman.

Instead of Warstomp, they get a Bullrush charge...which Warriors and Druids already get. So, it's a wasted talent for them. And casters? Why would a caster want to Bullrush CLOSER to melee range?

They can’t be Paladins
02/07/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Keghorn
Monk is love, Monk is life.

Cheers!
i would play druid - shammy - Hunter . with highmoutain tauren .
I always thought the heritage armor reminded me of the Tauren Chieftain hero from Warcraft 3.

So if you make a Warrior or survival hunter, get the axe from Baine in the End Times dungeon, and use the heritage armor, you got yourself a moose version of the Tauren chieftain.
anything that can tank
02/07/2018 01:54 AMPosted by Awa
Someone rang?

I made this toon after looking at the casting animations for all three specs.

I need to go make a Tauren Shaman and compare, because it looks different - but I also haven't had a Tauren shaman since 2007 when I decided to keep a Troll shaman instead of a Tauren one...
02/07/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Keghorn

But when you do a spin move don't the antlers get in the way?
Shaman or hunter they just look like they would be those.
monk