Arms

Warrior
Is arms competitive and is it very LEGO dependant?. I see huge mortal strike numbers from warrs in raids like 5 mil MS crits etc.

Are they fun?.
02/04/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Thalnann
Is arms competitive

Yes.
is it very LEGO dependant?

Yes.
Are they fun?.

Debatable. I say yes.
In bgs it’s a blast
As a returning warrior vanilla player, I can say Arms is still fun. Do I miss the stances and shouts? Yeah sure, but Arms is still a blast and has strong burst and sustained DPS potential. I like what they did with sweeping strikes and having early access to Mortal Strike, Whirlwind and so forth is a huge improvement. I especially like that MS got some strong cleave and AoE viability compared to the olden days,
Arms is viable. It isn't necessarily leggo dependent per se but they DEFINITELY give you a big advantage over not having them. I think Ayala's is the single most important leggo for arms. And whether its fun or not well....beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?

I like arms for just about anything except raids. The rotation is just annoying to me. But that's just me...
I love the spec. Granted. I don't enjoy fury so maybe that's why? But fat chunks of damage a decent APM and enjoyable to play on most content. Tacticians RNG can suck sometimes but overall it's a good time. Especially during execute phase.

Give it a shot.
02/04/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Penguinjim
Is arms competitive

Yes.
is it very LEGO dependant?

Yes.
Are they fun?.

Debatable. I say yes.

Best answer.
As someone who is currently raiding heroic farm and going into Mythic progression, Arms is very competitive right now and unless your doing top cutting edge content both specs will perform well enough. Arms is a bit slower than Fury but much more thought out, What helps with the big 5 mil Mortal Strikes is Warriors using the Ayala's Stone Heart Legendary which allows for free 40 rage Executes above the 20% health threshold. Our currently makes it so when you Execute your next Mortal Strike hits 75% harder and that buff stacks twice to 150%

Ayala's is the only Legendary I say is "required" fr the spec to perform well rightnow but the other leggos are good for situations that suit them. Like Whirlwind belt on AOE or Mortal Strike gloves on Single Target and 2-3 target Cleave.

From a fun perspective its a much slower spec when compared to Fury and I like that since I prefer a slower more thought out play-style versus a smash all the buttons and timing things perfectly play-style.
02/06/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Korcron
As someone who is currently raiding heroic farm and going into Mythic progression, Arms is very competitive right now and unless your doing top cutting edge content both specs will perform well enough. Arms is a bit slower than Fury but much more thought out, What helps with the big 5 mil Mortal Strikes is Warriors using the Ayala's Stone Heart Legendary which allows for free 40 rage Executes above the 20% health threshold. Our currently makes it so when you Execute your next Mortal Strike hits 75% harder and that buff stacks twice to 150%

Ayala's is the only Legendary I say is "required" fr the spec to perform well rightnow but the other leggos are good for situations that suit them. Like Whirlwind belt on AOE or Mortal Strike gloves on Single Target and 2-3 target Cleave.

From a fun perspective its a much slower spec when compared to Fury and I like that since I prefer a slower more thought out play-style versus a smash all the buttons and timing things perfectly play-style.

Gloves are actually more important if you run FoB.
Very true, Though I know arms can vary on gear/relics you have. Right now running Trauma/Titanic might pulls more on ST than Trauma/FOB, and with me being able to keep that dot from trauma for execute it makes the spec more versatile than going rend.
02/06/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Korcron
Very true, Though I know arms can vary on gear/relics you have. Right now running Trauma/Titanic might pulls more on ST than Trauma/FOB, and with me being able to keep that dot from trauma for execute it makes the spec more versatile than going rend.

Don't run Trauma/Titanic. You should run rend/titanic if you don't want to use FoB.