Speed leveling is gone, deal with it.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
02/07/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Grymar
02/07/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Azuremi
This is my only character which I started on 9/19/09. It took me 3 weeks to get to level 80 which was the cap. Tack on another 1 week for each 5 levels so about. So about a month and a half alltogether. Since I never leveled another charcter is it faster then a month and a half to get to 110?

Yes. They only increased XP required for leveling for levels 10-60 and decreased XP gained in dungeons. However, all quests now reward maximum XP due to the level scaling changes which balances out most of the effect. In addition, every expansion from TBC through Warlords still has the lowered XP requirements for leveling.

So, you can definitely get to max level in less than 6 weeks from level 1.

The people complaining about the 7.3.5 changes are complaining because they lost the ability to faceroll one shot their way to 100. They have to engage in some actual game play along the way.

This again.... tell me what changed mechanically that stops me from spamming 1 spell from 1-100? Wait I'll tell you what did, nothing. My mage still spams frost bolt, my lock still spams incinerate, my dk still spams obliterate and frost strike. My face is simply making more revolutions now.
02/07/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Nevlin
Dungeon's are now supposed to be challenges that drop rewards to help make questing easier, like they're ment to :)

This is completely false, though. The difference between a green quality quest reward at level 20 and a blue quality dungeon drop at level 50 is +2 main stat. Secondary stats are entirely irrelevant in old content as well; you can't stack much of anything, and even if you stack as much of a stat as you possibly can, you'll only go up 1 or 2%.

Dungeons are a waste of time, and any neat blue rewards that some of the longer questlines reward you with are trash as well.

The way that the scaling works, you don't ever need to upgrade your gear while you level. They "fixed" a problem that didn't exist by rendering the stats on low level items meaningless.
02/07/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Gibarmorpls
Stockades is about 7-10 minutes on average, with Ramps being closer to 15-20 without wipes. Which, if anyone overpulls in that mangled tuning nightmare of an instance (Had broken mechanics pre-7.3.5, too), will happen now.

I think they were referring to being power leveled through Stormwind Stockades and Ramparts. Either with a friend or a second account and run yourself.

Pretty fast.
Clearly you do not know the way of the force!
The only reason people think old dungeons are hard is because they've been broken the past few years. It's that simple.
02/07/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Valyssra
02/07/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Lokki
Funny, I thought they were wast of time content that does not reward XP, gear or any meaningful progression in relation to how long they take to complete.

I will continue to not do them.

They were always like that during leveling before Cata.

Dungeons were meant to be 'hard mode' leveling and story progression for a zone. NOT a 'speed boost' That's why they are optional and always were during leveling.

Especially without heirlooms, leveling dungeons were time consuming and filled with wipes etc.

NOT, fast easy xp and loot.

Yet the truth is, they were indeed actually face roll and a way way to speed level and get loot for so long, now people are complaining about them.
Of course someone with 4k achievement points and nothing meaningful done at any cap is telling me that dungeons are for a challenge while leveling.

I mean, who otherwise would make such an absurd claim that harder content should be inherently less rewarding than easier content?

Dungeons should, at the very least, be on par with questing for experience, and faster if you've got good enough groups to blaze through without wipes.

02/07/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Baa
Stockades 10-61 is 5 minutes a level, hellfire ramps is about 6 60-81. *Shrug*

Stockades is about 7-10 minutes on average, with Ramps being closer to 15-20 without wipes. Which, if anyone overpulls in that mangled tuning nightmare of an instance (Had broken mechanics pre-7.3.5, too), will happen now.

And all of that time spent would be better doing quests, by 30-60% faster speeds.

Don't try this drivel, please.

I believe he's referring to being carried through by a higher level. Which is way faster than questing.

Dungeon's are now supposed to be challenges that drop rewards to help make questing easier, like they're ment to :)

Except they're not. They're a playground for someone with a 110 friend to power level them through.
02/07/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Glaivedancer

I think they were referring to being power leveled through Stormwind Stockades and Ramparts. Either with a friend or a second account and run yourself.

Pretty fast.

Is leveling faster that way if my friend powerlevels me through those quick dungeons?
02/07/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Glaivedancer

Pretty fast.

If that's the case, that's a terrible argument. So they're advocating for people to be carried to max? What's next? "Boosts are only $60"?

02/07/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Nevlin
The only reason people think old dungeons are hard is because they've been broken the past few years. It's that simple.

Are you trolling? Who's even said they're hard? I made a singular statement regarding Ramps, which had terrible scaling on two mechanics in place even before 7.3.5, and has nothing to do with the changes.

02/07/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Talatia
The issue I see is everyone seems to be in a rush, if that dies off people will see it whole again. The game is fun, just take your time

I have leveled more characters to some goal, over the past 10 years, than the majority even have on their accounts.

I've spent over 120k gold maxing out heirlooms over all 4 armor types, along with trinkets, rings, necklaces, and weapons to 90.

And, before any argument is made regarding "well u just need 2 git gud LUL", I've done more difficult content than anyone that would or has posted in this thread.

I think I've got a right to ask for the option to be able to level at a pace above "snail".
02/07/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Gibarmorpls
Of course someone with 4k achievement points and nothing meaningful done at any cap is telling me that dungeons are for a challenge while leveling.

I mean, who otherwise would make such an absurd claim that harder content should be inherently less rewarding than easier content?

Dungeons should, at the very least, be on par with questing for experience, and faster if you've got good enough groups to blaze through without wipes.

02/07/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Baa
Stockades 10-61 is 5 minutes a level, hellfire ramps is about 6 60-81. *Shrug*

And all of that time spent would be better doing quests, by 30-60% faster speeds.

Don't try this drivel, please.

The people complaining about the 7.3.5 changes are complaining because they lost the ability to faceroll one shot their way to 100. They have to engage in some actual game play along the way.

I love the fact that my ability as a player makes much more of an impact outside of tanking now, in dungeons, while leveling. Questing is about as mind-numbing as before, with the only challenges being elite quests, and even then, I've needed no group yet (Doubt I'll be able to solo Ring of Blood, but going to try to).

What I hate about 7.3.5 is that my heirlooms feel ineffective, even as someone who's only done RAF once and it was ages ago, and that dungeons aren't worth the time or effort so long as I'm not planning to afk for a bit and could use the queue as max efficiency between getting to a different quest zone.

Nah, it's 5 minutes per level; or less running stocks. Try and actually read into something before talking like you know something(Nightborne really fits your smug, but inevitably wrong attitude.)

There is ABSOLUTELY no worth in doing dungeons unless you're being power leveled while leveling now. None. You get FAR more XP just by questing, the complaint previously was that questing was slower than dungeon spamming; now the opposite is true so why not resolve it?

I already have loremaster, and quite recently, EK/Kalimdor. I don't feel the need to run through them again. Some zones by this point in time I've done over 60 times. I'd really rather not. At least dungeons are/were more engaging than questing even now is.

Now, instead of dungeon spamming with group people you just... afk and let someone run you through one over and over again. Really compelling gameplay, mate.
02/07/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Azuremi
This is my only character which I started on 9/19/09. It took me 3 weeks to get to level 80 which was the cap. Tack on another 1 week for each 5 levels so about. So about a month and a half alltogether. Since I never leveled another charcter is it faster then a month and a half to get to 110?

Yes. They only increased XP required for leveling for levels 10-60 and decreased XP gained in dungeons. However, all quests now reward maximum XP due to the level scaling changes which balances out most of the effect. In addition, every expansion from TBC through Warlords still has the lowered XP requirements for leveling.

So, you can definitely get to max level in less than 6 weeks from level 1.

If you call chronic tabbing out and faking engaging gameplay sure.

I find levelling so fecking boring I'm struggling to stay awake.
02/07/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Teranoid

Except they're not. They're a playground for someone with a 110 friend to power level them through.
Not everyone has a 110 friend kind enough to power level them or enough gold to get a 110 to power level them.
Just shows how the last few expansions made most of the playerbase expectant of being spoonfed stuff. Now here is Blizzard making it to be an MMO again, then people complain. While players like me, who are in no rush to get things done. Are just here to play. I am making it a goal to get a 110 with every class for each faction with at least 1 of each race. It's a good goal to keep yourself occupied
02/07/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Nevlin
02/07/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Teranoid

Not everyone has a 110 friend kind enough to power level them or enough gold to get a 110 to power level them.

Sucks to suck then.
02/07/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Nevlin

You just making !@#$ up as you go?

Some trash hits too hard, some classes don't have enough oomph at lower levels, but the real complaint is the lack of xp vs time invested.
02/07/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Ciyra
Solo speed leveling is gone, but you can powerlevel now with dungeons.

I've been selling speed clears of stockades.

I remember this happening I think in BC, or wotlk? I hated farming for mats to sell on ah, so I would sit in SW selling runs for hours, and make a ton of gold.

I feel they way they have the game now, it's more like it use to be pre-cata. I am loving it. Right now I feel the game gives every type of player many options to play the game how they want.
02/07/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Baa
Nah, it's 5 minutes per level; or less running stocks. Try and actually read into something before talking like you know something

Sorry you didn't clarify on it being powerleveling or just queueing into it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

02/07/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Baa
There is ABSOLUTELY no worth in doing dungeons unless you're being power leveled while leveling now. None. You get FAR more XP just by questing, the complaint previously was that questing was slower than dungeon spamming; now the opposite is true so why not resolve it?

I don't even necessarily want dungeons to be faster on average, just that they're on par as an option versus questing.
the story in zone is gone, by the time you hit 60 you will have a hand full done, but are going to hate finishing the rest because every zone will be a bigger chore with everything scaling.
because you've been dungeon leveling the whole time. And Blizzard has fixed your broken exploit.

lol - hahahahaha