HUGE Leveling Nerf As of Today

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
too bad I was planning leveling my shaman with the invasion.

There's no way Im going to quest to level up after doing it with 3 characters.

Edit: Nevermind mind I never used that method to level up I thought was the broken shore invasions you were talking about.

I'm glad they nerfed that exploit I always thought Argus was lvl 110 zone.
Oh no Blizzard wants me to play the game instead of sitting AFK during the invasions might as well unsub.
02/13/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Legionkiller
Oh no Blizzard wants me to play the game instead of sitting AFK during the invasions might as well unsub.

LOL, These were my thoughts initially.
My 2nd thoughts were, who are these people and what else are they !@#$ing up in the real world with this psycho narcissistic attitude?
>afk level

Good. Riddance.

Leeches.
02/13/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Glaivedancer
You've been able to power level in WoW in dungeons for nearly 14 years, this isn't something groundbreaking new or something.

First that was only 1/2 of what the hordes are doing and second the last 14 years haven't had sparkly new races with armor tied behind leveling from 20/110 nor has the use of dungeon carries for XP been quite as widespread as recently.

IE, a few here and there is different from a whole bunch all at once.
02/13/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Trìnïty
They fixed an exploit that allowed sub 110's to be in Argus where they are not normally allowed.

exactly people were using the eng toy as a way to get out to argus where they were clearly unprepared to handle and using 110s to carry them for massive xp and leg drops

of course they couldn't resist bragging about it then when Blizzard puts a hotfix in to end it they then proceed to QQ claiming its not fair

it reminds me of all the honorbuddy users that cried when the banwaves kept happening

you shouldve seen the official HB forums once they announced the last banwave was enough for them and they publically announced they were no longer going to update it and that Blizzard has beat them
I think what you meant to say was a huge exploit was fixed, there was no nerf.
02/12/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Luscion
They just heavily nerfed 100-110 leveling a couple hours ago. They put a 110 requirement on the wormhole generator that allowed people to afk level in Argus invasions. It's a sad time, folks. They are really pushing for people to buy boosts.

Or they simply closed a loophole since you're supposed to be level 110 to visit Argus at all.
I'd love to think this is a troll post with a fair number of troll responses and that those of you identifying this "nerf" as in fact "fixing an exploit" are the only ones posting in earnest.

But I guess if that's what the make-up of the player base really was, every post-Wrath expansion would've been designed very differently. Sigh.
02/12/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Grayhart
So they fixed an exploit, got it. Good for them.

inB4 someone says they are removing options. With OPTIONS all in caps.
02/13/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Guillotaur
IE, a few here and there is different from a whole bunch all at once.

Really? because i had a lot of competition back in TBC/classic when i would be giving/selling dungeon runs.outright stopped once LFD came in, now people are ''sticking it to the man'' by doing something I did for fun 10+ years ago.

02/13/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Searik
02/12/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Grayhart
So they fixed an exploit, got it. Good for them.

inB4 someone says they are removing options. With OPTIONS all in caps.

Eh? someone already did.
02/13/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Glaivedancer
02/13/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Guillotaur
we suddenly have hordes of players bypassing quest based leveling through being carried through instance

You've been able to power level in WoW in dungeons for nearly 14 years, this isn't something groundbreaking new or something.

Agreed nothing new or wrong about that. I don't think that we should take anything for granted at the moment though. RaF exp had been in for many years too, they seem to be suddenly against anything of a decent speed, I do hope that this is the one thing they leave alone.
They just heavily nerfed 100-110 leveling a couple hours ago. They put a 110 requirement on the wormhole generator that allowed people to afk level in Argus invasions. It's a sad time, folks. They are really pushing for people to buy boosts.

Would be cool if they rolled back all of the levels people gained from this exploit.

Why people want to afk to end game is beyond me almost begs the question, why are you playing to begin with if you log in and afk to 110
02/13/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Iszybella
The whole reason people are looking for exploits is because leveling is a horrible slog and there are no alternatives to zone questing anymore. That it became a big enough issue that they HAD to address it should say more than enough.

Dungeon chaining is how people enjoyed leveling quickly. Blizzard took that away, and people are looking at quick ways to level in its stead. Sure, you can dungeon boost, but that requires either multiboxing or getting a buddy to grind you up for a few hours, which provides no benefit to them.

Revert the stupid changes, Blizzard. Drop mob HP, put heirloom numbers back to what they were (we bought and upgraded them SPECIFICALLY to level faster, y'know!), drop the XP needed to level back to what it was. There's no reason, outside of the greed to keep /played metrics up during the lull, to slap players with all of these at once. It's clear a huge group of people aren't happy.

But they are. So this is how the game is now. Enjoy having one path through the game - questing out in the world. Don't wanna spend 30+ hours to hit 110 (way more than that for most. I'm around 22 1/2 and I'm only at L69 while starting at L20 and leveling as DPS Monk.) so they can then start the endgame grind.

God help you if you were waiting to level a class to work on transmog or tier sets or hidden appearances/Mage Tower stuff. I feel sorry for those without heirlooms. This is in a full set. And leveling still takes ages. I've hit 110 before in under 22 damn hours. Here? I've still got a long ways to go. The Outland/Northrend stretch is the worst.

People will always look for ways to make the process faster. That's why you saw stuff like spam WSG queueing and abuse of Legion invasions during the pre-patch when leveling was faster.
02/13/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Felboy
of course they couldn't resist bragging about it then when Blizzard puts a hotfix in to end it they then proceed to QQ claiming its not fair
And then we laugh at them.
I agree that Blizz should probably take a 2nd look at their new leveling system to see if it needs a tweak or two, and definitely should take another look at heirloom exp.

However, this was clearly an exploit. Not to the extent that I expect anyone to be punished for it, but there was no way they weren't going to close this loophole. They were right to do so.
Man I was enjoying the super dead leveling zones alone for once. O well.
02/13/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Säyä

Would be cool if they rolled back all of the levels people gained from this exploit.

Why people want to afk to end game is beyond me almost begs the question, why are you playing to begin with if you log in and afk to 110

Some people have all classes maxed out and want heritage armor. The story means nothing, immersion means nothing. Why not make heirlooms give huge xp bonuses?
02/13/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Säyä

While I don't agree with exploits being used to level quickly, it's pretty easy to see why someone would want to do it. Many people have been playing for years, another max level character either means unlocking heritage armor or another alt to make gold off of.

That's why some people purchase a level 110 leveling boost, they don't want to go through the leveling process again.

I can understand why.
02/14/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Glaivedancer
That's why some people purchase a level 110 leveling boost, they don't want to go through the leveling process again.

Is this where I would say 'Why do you even bother playing a game that you don't like'?

Clearly I get the get attraction of not leveling, but it's what Blizzard wants. I don't think they give a damn about your leveling experience. They figure if they make it painful enough you'll just bypass it with a purchase. A single purchase of a boost is the same as 4 months subscriptions for them. And all they had to do was have an automated process.