Arena Movement Lag Hotfixes

Arenas
We’ve recently implemented a technical change to address player feedback about certain movement lag issues, particularly in Arenas. The most common report has been from one player seeing another player in a different location than where they are actually positioned.

A fix to address that issue has now been live for a couple days, and we’re looking for feedback from players who play in Arenas and might be seeing a difference in the frequency of this issue. While we have other improvements in the works for the future, we believe this should have significantly reduced movement lag from multiple players’ perspectives. Please let us know if you’re seeing improvement along those lines.

Thank you!
I have noticed this change and I'm very pleased. Thank you to those who made this a priority and came together to fix this very frustrating problem.
Does this mean playing with australian and brazillian servers will be less stressful?
hope so!
Yes, this is a very good fix! Thanks!
Lit
POGGERS
I have yet to play arena but a few friends have mentioned they noticed it over the last few days.

Thank you SO much. This had been killing wow arena.
I made a comment about it being better yesterday. This is a great fix. Thanks =p
Does this fix the "player out of range" issue for melee when you are on their backs? If so great fix.
02/12/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Ornyx
We’ve recently implemented a technical change to address player feedback about certain movement lag issues, particularly in Arenas. The most common report has been from one player seeing another player in a different location than where they are actually positioned.

A fix to address that issue has now been live for a couple days, and we’re looking for feedback from players who play in Arenas and might be seeing a difference in the frequency of this issue. While we have other improvements in the works for the future, we believe this should have significantly reduced movement lag from multiple players’ perspectives. Please let us know if you’re seeing improvement along those lines.

Thank you!

I actually stopped doing arena on my characters because I keep getting paired against people from BR servers while I play on a US server and they would lag so hard that you could not even target them. I still think it is crap that the BR servers match against US servers but I will check this change out and see if it has improved at all.
Woot this is great news.
bless your beautiful souls
Thank you. <3 This issue straight up stopped me from playing melee chars this expansion.
My guildie apparently is still suffering from the lag problem.
Blue posts about PvP hotfixes be like when Finn tries to talk to Eleven in Stranger Things, he knows she's there, somewhere... So he never gives up, and keeps spamming her till she does something.
I've noticed a big difference in arena. I'm from Australia on Frostmourne server so before the fix seeing people teleport/glitch from one location to another, or be out of melee range when i'm right on top of them happened regularly.

I have seen it happen sometimes when people use abilities like displace or the dh dash but no where near as often.

Thanks for the fix, I hope you guys implement more fixes/improvements to pvp.
02/15/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Kliva
Blue posts about PvP hotfixes be like when Finn tries to talk to Eleven in Stranger Things, he knows she's there, somewhere... So he never gives up, and keeps spamming her till she does something.

Lol'd really hard at this. 10/10

Feedback: i haven't been noticing too much lag at all lately except for a couple instances this week.

An enemy disc priest feared me from around a corner very clearly out of line of sight on Tuesday.

Yesterday a mage polymorphed me quite questionably. I was out of line of sight with 1/4 bar remaining on his cast bar and ended up in a sheep behind a pillar from the mage.

Other than those isolated instances everything has been running smoothly. Thank you guys for your hard work. :)