Void Elves poor explanation

General Discussion
The explanation for void elves is awful.

If they couldn't live in Silvermoon because of the sunwell they simply could move elsewhere in the world and settle a new home but keep fighting for the horde.

And it's sort of a coincidence, don't you think? Almost magical. Alleria becomes a void master and when she returns to azeroth, after all those years, she finds a group of exiled elves who are doing exactly the same thing! I mean she literally won the lottery. Hilarious..
they couldn't live in Silvermoon because of the sunwell they simply could move elsewhere in the world and settle a new home but keep fighting for the horde.

Why would we continue to fight for the very people that booted us out in the first place?

Let me get this straight though, playing with demons- Perfectly ok! Messing around with void magic- OMFG! GET OUT NAO!!!!!

Sorry, not sorry.
02/13/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Dragnius
Let me get this straight though, playing with demons- Perfectly ok!

The allowance of warlocks in both factions is seen as taboo in each of their respective cultures. This fact was much more prevalent in pre-cata quests/story telling.
The whole lore behind it is Alleria being too stupid and sensitive.

Of course the void elves were thrown out, because the void makes bad things happen to the sunwell. It was nothing personal, it had to be done because BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

Alleria made it seem like they tossed her out because they’re ‘bad people’ and ‘bad reasons’. No you stupid elf they tossed you out because you unintentionally summoned a void commander and almost destroyed the whole city.
Why would we continue to fight for the very people that booted us out in the first place?

This is another thread that wasn't well explained. Blood elves never cared at all with the kind of magic they deal. Lorthemar would certainly negotiate their moving without expelling them.
02/13/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Helennas
This is another thread that wasn't well explained. Blood elves never cared at all with the kind of magic they deal. Lorthemar would certainly negotiate their moving without expelling them.

Except that he didn't.

Lorthemar is a tool. Screw him and his monocle.
Lol why would I stay with the people who threw me out in the first place? Alleria was a lot more welcoming than Lorthemar.
02/13/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Helennas
The explanation for void elves is awful.

If they couldn't live in Silvermoon because of the sunwell they simply could move elsewhere in the world and settle a new home but keep fighting for the horde.

And it's sort of a coincidence, don't you think? Almost magical. Alleria becomes a void master and when she returns to azeroth, after all those years, she finds a group of exiled elves who are doing exactly the same thing! I mean she literally won the lottery. Hilarious..

Void Elves are High/Blood Elves that got kicked out of their home. Alleria Windrunner is a Void Elf fully now and her reputation with the Alliance is helping take them in. In Azeroth, being part of a large faction is a huge plus for protection, and Alleria is making the effort to do this.
They were told to stop by the government. They didn't stop. They suffered the consequences of disobeying the government. Then they decide to try to kill their own people because they were punished.

What else did you really expect from elves though? This is like typical elf behavior.
Why did Magni turn into a diamond?

How do Vulpera suddenly exist?

Why did orcs turn green after drinking demon goo?

And who cares, really?

So you'd rather go to the people who have been killing your kind for years? Lol.
Proof that the blood elves really didn't want to be on the Horde in the first place.
02/13/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Fengxiaolong
Proof that the blood elves really didn't want to be on the Horde in the first place.

Not proof at all. The treasonous void elves are the same blood elves who also didn't care about the welfare of Silvermoon. They're not representative of anything. If Lor'themar didn't want to be Horde, he'd have accepted Alleria's offer.

But he didn't. Only a bunch of exiled, reckless cultists did.

Because you weren't booted out of the horde, just out of silvermoon.

They said that they wanted to study the void to learn to protect Quel'thalas better, but now it's likely they'll be forced to attack it on behalf of the alliance.
02/13/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Aliosha
02/13/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Fengxiaolong

Not proof at all. The treasonous void elves are the same blood elves who also didn't care about the welfare of Silvermoon. They're not representative of anything. If Lor'themar didn't want to be Horde, he'd have accepted Alleria's offer.

But he didn't. Only a bunch of exiled, reckless cultists did.

That's hilarious! A blood-elf calling other void-elves reckless! Since when has anything the blood-elves have done not been reckless?! hahaha
This "they could've moved to another home and continue fighting for the Horde" is wishful thinking or a severe lack of information.

The Void Elves were turned into that by an Ethereal and they couldn't stop hearing the whispers. Sooner or later they were going to sucumb to them. Alleria was their only hope with that.

So, even in the case they said "Hey, screw or self-steem. Let's continue fighting for the guys that kicked us out", the Horde wouldn't possibly want them because, without Alleria, they were a time bomb. Sooner or later they would've succumbed to the whispers and become an enemy for the Horde and the Alliance.

Or are we forgetting the Mac'Aree zone and how the Broken turn crazy?
I miss Quel'thalas, but I get a heritage set and have cool hairstyles.
02/13/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Helennas

Wait what...I haven't unlocked the VEs yet, but this is the explanation for it?
02/13/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Averax

Because you weren't booted out of the horde, just out of silvermoon.

They said that they wanted to study the void to learn to protect Quel'thalas better, but now it's likely they'll be forced to attack it on behalf of the alliance.

You can't be in the Horde and banned from Horde areas. With Sylvanas being warchief and the Blood Elves her kin, there would be even more push back. Especially with what happened, Void Elves look like a threat by being a vessel for Void Lords.

Alleria is also Alliance and is actively trying to give similar kin a place to go.
02/13/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Aliosha
The treasonous void elves

"We don't want you but we don't want anyone else to have you either."

What you guys forget is that Alleria saved them. She's teaching them how to control the void and quiet the whispers, keeping them from all going mad. Sure, they could have moved and stayed with the Horde... and gone crazy and probably turned on you anyway.