Stop Spamming About the Rep Grind...

General Discussion
02/07/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Caliir
02/07/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Vanathril
From the BfA purchase page:
"To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with."

Tell me how that's "intentionally vague"...

Well, they specifically didn’t say that the reputation requirement would be exalted. There’s one.

RIght, so had you played since WoD, you'd be thinking pathfinder.
02/07/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Stroganoff
02/07/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Dumpie

I am not sure you understand the concept of laziness.

When someone calls you "lazy" in a video game, what they're saying is they expect you to not have fun in it.

Its the biggest line of garbage you could ever hear in defense of any game.

It's the most obvious indicator to how their mind works (or doesn't).
"To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with."

In a very light colored almost transparent text, off to the side.

With the average resolution, it is not visible at all.

2 expansions, 4 new races, no rep needed.

Main highlight:

Early access to Allied Races
Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.

It was very discrete the way they sold it, Blizzard shouldn't rely on 3rd party sites to provide information about their product.
02/07/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Caliir

Well, they specifically didn’t say that the reputation requirement would be exalted. There’s one.
You can't get mad at someone for YOUR assumptions.
02/07/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Vanathril
PLUS, there are already countless threads complaining about these very things

So you felt the uncontrollable need to make another one? Irony, hypocrisy, take your pick
reported for spamming and trolling ;) Typical Sargeras alliance, about as fun as a backed up septic tank in August........have to whine about something right?
02/07/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Vanathril
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You can't get mad at someone for YOUR assumptions.

So while you're telling people to stop complaining about it.

Your main purpose here is to create another spam thread defending it by any rationalized means.

Am I getting this right?
02/07/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Stroganoff

It leads people to believe that its going to be another pathfinder at worst.

I just love angry Blizzard apologia in the morning.

It is nothing of the sort. You would be revered from just doing the Nightfallen quests, and then do some world quests. Perhaps, I should've posted this on my Nightbourne monk?

In a very light colored almost transparent text, off to the side.

With the average resolution, it is not visible at all.

2 expansions, 4 new races, no rep needed.

Main highlight:

Early access to Allied Races
Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.

It was very discrete the way they sold it, Blizzard shouldn't rely on 3rd party sites to provide information about their product.
The definition of a "quest" is the pursuit of something, SO their saying: "Pre-purchase and begin your pursuit to recruit four new playable Allied Races." Their very clearly saying you have to do things before you can play them.
02/07/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Superhoes
02/07/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Stroganoff

When someone calls you "lazy" in a video game, what they're saying is they expect you to not have fun in it.

Its the biggest line of garbage you could ever hear in defense of any game.

It's the most obvious indicator to how their mind works (or doesn't).

Its an indicator that the person is totally suffering from Stockholm syndrome to a video game, at which point it becomes obvious that they could never have an honest opinion about anything in it. Not even honest to themselves.
What, another spam thread about not spamming threads?

high five!
02/07/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Trìnïty

high five!
When I say stop spamming threads I mean stop spamming new threads. I'm fine if people are vocal about it, as long as they don't fill up half the home page with threads about the same topic.

Lets just get the whole paragraph here.....

"Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with."

First part says "Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves."

Ok, so right there they are upfront on the questlines.....good. I think that's a fair deal there, it makes sense after all.

Then you get this....."To unlock Allied Races quest lines,"

"players must have a level 110 character" ok, makes sense again....and upfront.

then they get to the shaky ground: "and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with."

huh? what are they specifics? questing and reputation requirements? Hmmm, all of a sudden, upfront got vague.

How can you NOT say that was intentionally vague?

They could have EASILY typed in.... "exalted reputations" and honestly I don't even know what this 'specific questing' is yet.

Does that mean what? That I have to have the storylines in those two areas of pure hell completed? If so, I'll be playing something else, I will grind out the damn rep, but I will NOT finish the storylines in those hell hole zones I totally detest.
02/07/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Erniemiser

"Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level 110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with."

First part says "Pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available the questlines which enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves."

Ok, so right there they are upfront on the questlines.....good. I think that's a fair deal there, it makes sense after all.

then they get to the shaky ground: "and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions that each Allied Race is aligned with."

huh? what are they specifics? questing and reputation requirements? Hmmm, all of a sudden, upfront got vague.

They could have EASILY typed in.... "exalted reputations" and honestly I don't even know what this 'specific questing' is yet.

Does that mean what? That I have to have the storylines in those two areas of pure hell completed? If so, I'll be playing something else, I will grind out the damn rep, but I will NOT finish the storylines in those hell hole zones I totally detest.

It leads you to believe that its going to be like pathfinder.

But you keep writing angry essays about why I'm SOOO wrong.

The Stockholm syndrome is real.
02/07/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Vanathril

high five!
When I say stop spamming threads I mean stop spamming new threads. I'm fine if people are vocal about it, as long as they don't fill up half the home page with threads about the same topic.

Maybe if the same handful or so people stopped posting in every thread that pops up just to get into pissing matches with each other over the 'you knew' bs, then there wouldn't need to be so many new threads posted?

It's so easy to say 'if you read fansites' or 'paid attention to datamined stuff' or all the other excuses they give for someone NOT knowing...INSTEAD of saying, you know, blizzard could have put in the proper wordage instead of being intentionally vague on the 'specific quest and rep requirements', then most of this hoopla would have been avoided.

Its been a slaughterhouse of 'shut up and go grind and get it done instead of posting and whining' crap that I don't read past the first page or two.
02/07/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Vanathril
You were given a message before you made the purchase, you were given months of heads up before allied races were even released, PLUS, there are already countless threads complaining about these very things... contribute to those rather than creating all these pointless new ones

Blizzard's not going to change it because of my former two reasons. We can't do anything about your laziness.
So you decided to spam by creating this thread?
02/07/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Stroganoff
02/07/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Erniemiser

It might lead YOU to think of pathfinder, but maybe not to everyone, since most of us did finish one pathfinder in this xpac already.

I don't care either way to be honest, just tired of all the 'you should of known' crap getting tossed out WHEN BLIZZARD COULD HAVE EASILY STATED THE SPECIFICS INSTEAD OF BEING VAGUE ON THAT PART.
02/07/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Vanathril

high five!

This is just another thread for people to call attention to themselves because they feel there is a need for YET ANOTHER thread about the same topic. Get over it already, if you don't like it -- do like I did and take a break from the forums for a couple days.

Don't be a hypocrite by making a thread to tell someone else not to make threads about what you are tired of seeing because it will just be another thread about the same thing.
02/07/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Erniemiser
02/07/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Stroganoff

It might lead YOU to think of pathfinder, but maybe not to everyone, since most of us did finish one pathfinder in this xpac already.

I don't care either way to be honest, just tired of all the 'you should of known' crap getting tossed out WHEN BLIZZARD COULD HAVE EASILY STATED THE SPECIFICS INSTEAD OF BEING VAGUE ON THAT PART.

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE ...... RAGE.
People telling other people to shut up about the rep grind do realize that they're amplifying the discussion about the rep grind, right? Renewing the conversation, keeping it at the top of the forums, making sure Blizz sees it every time they come here.

Here's to Blizz knowing better next time.
02/07/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Viseum
Actually you're the lazy one
how many hours have you sat at your computer rep grinding? Don't you have friends? a family? do u get up to eat food?
Some people have lives (not me) and cant play for hours on end, imagine trying to get to exalted when you can only play for 2-3 hours a day.

It's not as if two of the reputations have been out for a year and a half and the other two for almost half a year.

Oh wait, they have.

I know someone that plays three hours a week tops and is Exalted with all four of them.