Plz Blizz Panda DeathKnights!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Yes! Do it Blizzard.
But the Lore! How will we retcon Panda's working for Arthas in the starting area?

Blizzard has NEVER made us do such a thing...

Except for the Starting Text for Dranei and Blood Elves in contrast to their starting zones.

Or the Cata quests for Forsaken before you hit Northrend.

Or the Allied races going through ANY content short of maybe end-game Legion.

Or...
there are panda dk ncps in the game , also if i remember right one of the captains you could summon in Ashran on alliance side was a dk
The simple reason is timing, Death Knights where made for races around during the end of TBC and the only reason Worgen got it was because they we're in Gilneas and it got attacked too lore wise when Arthas Invaded. I know it sucks but from a lore point it makes sense why Pandaren aren't DKs, their race wasn't around during that time. Since Arthas Focused entirely on Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms. Only the odd Panda who happen to be traveling the world at the time may of become a DK if he proved that powerful to Arthas.
sigh, no. It make no sense. There were never any large amounts of Pandas able to become DK's.
02/06/2018 04:01 AMPosted by Smallshadow
You can almost get the feel of a panda DK by leveling a panda warrior and transmorging it with naxx gear.

Gotta have an undead pet & that crimson death charger too.
02/06/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Korcron
The simple reason is timing, Death Knights where made for races around during the end of TBC and the only reason Worgen got it was because they we're in Gilneas and it got attacked too lore wise when Arthas Invaded. I know it sucks but from a lore point it makes sense why Pandaren aren't DKs, their race wasn't around during that time. Since Arthas Focused entirely on Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms. Only the odd Panda who happen to be traveling the world at the time may of become a DK if he proved that powerful to Arthas.
but why are there panda dk ncps,kinda throws the lore out the window
02/06/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Wyll
but why are there panda dk ncps,kinda throws the lore out the window

They made those because there was the odd traveling panda or two. Pandarias whole schtick was that it was a massive undiscovered island. unknown to the horde and alliance. So beyond the few Pandaren that ventured out from their homeland and actually got killed there would be no Panda DKS. So it makes 0 sense for there to be thousands of player DK's now does it. It does make sense there would be a handful of special NPCS simply because they are indeed special and very limited.
02/06/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Titanrage
No.

So you also feel that no new character made in Cata should be allowed to go to Northrend per lore?

How about no new Dranei or Blood Elf, after all their opening intro text breaks lore the moment they start questing.

And of course you can't actually level an Allied Race since they joined after literally everything that's happened in this game, so they shouldn't be allow to quest anywhere.

I would buy the lore argument if Blizzard didn't ignore it everywhere.

You just make the official Lore that any new Races becoming DKs were made during Legion by the Deathlord and hand wave the inconsistency in old content leveling.
Based on some of the dialogue during the DK class campaign in Legion - it would not surprise me to see the newer races get DKS at some point.

Just sayin'.

(cookies for everyone!)
no we need Panda druids... i mean come on there bears
02/05/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Aassvik
We need Pandas to become Death Knights!

And exactly how, from a lore stand-point, would that have happened? The Lich King was never in Pandaria, ergo no Scourge were created there. How would Pandarans have come under the influence of Arthas? Their first contact with the "outside" world was Hellscream, two xpacs AFTER the Lich King.
I think a pettition that would get more support would be removing all pandas from the game entirely so...
Yes please allow Pandarens to be death knights. I really want a blood-sucking, necromancer, frost lord panda.
02/05/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Aassvik
We need Pandas to become Death Knights!
Well we do have a new Lich King so anything is Possible at this Point.
02/05/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Shippujinlai
people making the population argument aka "they are too rare" or "there couldn't be enough of them" should turn around and take a look at the void elves giving that argument the middle finger right now. More than just a class an ENTIRE PLAYABLE RACE.

It has nothing to do with population, DKs are the only hero class in the game and they, currently, have a very specific set of starting circumstances. The playable ones were raised by the Lich King and are former heroes of the Alliance and Horde at the time. When they were released from Arthas' control they returned to duty in their respective factions. Pandaran weren't discovered then, beyond wandering brewmasters like Chen, and certainly weren't rank and file yet.

This isn't set in stone, as Blizzard has frequently changed their stance on things, but that's why there hasn't been any new races becoming DKs. No population reason, just hero class reasons.
Druids make much more sense, and it gives a new race option for the class to both factions. At the price of making models for only one race, too. And let's face it, Pandaren are the next most believable races for druidism. The Celestials are even speculated as Wild Gods and the Pandaren very well might be distantly related to Ursol and Ursoc.

In short, Pandaren Druids. I would make it rain on you, Blizz!
I would think that any Death knights being made from the new Lich King,would not have the freedom that us current Death Knights have,that broke away from the old Lich king..

You'd have to somehow break away from his grip..

It would be cool to have another scenario though for the new ones..I'd roll one just to check it out. =)
02/06/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Titanrage
No.