The execute phase cheese

Warrior
Hey guys,
This might be the wrong place to ask this but I have been looking into more and more logs today and i was Wondering some things. First let me say that yes I can be one of those Asshats who get into logging alot. Me and my friend kind of tease each others when we get logs under 95 in heroic. I guess its farm content and it really makes it less boring. I have in my opinion decent logs nothing extraordinary but nothing awful either but with fury warrior specifically we all know the top logs are either cheesed with execute or im sure alot of people made legit kills but with alot of people dead. My question is when do you think the cheesing start. Talking with my friends some say it only really affect like top 50 world parse other wer arguing the majority of people over 98 and some people even said a big portion of logs over 95 are cheesed. It can be pretty easy to check every top 50 parse to see if they got cheesed. What are your opinion on this.
It really depends on the boss you are doing, what your assignment on the boss is, the strategy you are using, and what class/spec you are. Idk how you really cheese the execute phase though unless a bunch of people in your raid are dead.
02/03/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Penguinjim
It really depends on the boss you are doing, what your assignment on the boss is, the strategy you are using, and what class/spec you are. Idk how you really cheese the execute phase though unless a bunch of people in your raid are dead.

Well thats the cheese, get it to execute, then everyone stops, lets the fury warrior get 99 juggernaut stacks with mental dps then kills it. Can be done on any boss without an enrage, and if you gear it enough fights with enrage too (get too execute quicker = longer execute phase before enrage)
I think it's a little absurd to say a big portion of 95% and above is not legit, my logs are comparable to yours and I've never once asked my raid group to purposely slow dps going into execute phase just so I can build as much jug stacks as possible, you don't gotta cheese to parse orange, just perform well. That being said, if I had to guess I'd say a considerable portion of the very top of the 99% were probably padded in some way, not all of them though cause even I myself have a top 100 world parse on Portal-Keeper heroic.
02/04/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Gâvel
02/03/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Penguinjim

Well thats the cheese, get it to execute, then everyone stops, lets the fury warrior get 99 juggernaut stacks with mental dps then kills it. Can be done on any boss without an enrage, and if you gear it enough fights with enrage too (get too execute quicker = longer execute phase before enrage)

I understand that, I guess my confusion lies with the initial question then. It's tough to say at what point on the top parses that this kind of stuff occurs. Some people just get insanely lucky with procs and get a top parse, or they perform a function that allows them to parse higher than someone else (if you stay down on Portal Keeper, for example). It's not like you need to cheese to get a good parse. People are more than capable of parsing orange, or even 99, on the majority of fights without doing any cheesing.
There is no "cheese" do everything you can to get the best numbers all the time.
The same could be done for AoE fights. Like "Hey guildies make sure I get all the adds stacked up and my full burst off until you do anything."

If you have a guild that does that for you you're a lucky dude.
02/04/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Greylus
There is no "cheese" do everything you can to get the best numbers all the time.

there's plenty of cheese, ever heard of padding? go ahead and look at every single parse for skorpyron.
02/04/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Mashingspoon

there's plenty of cheese, ever heard of padding? go ahead and look at every single parse for skorpyron.

Are you telling me soulflame isn't a normal part of an aff locks rotation? Giving me a lot to think about here.
It's cheese whenever you're significantly altering the strat just to make a huge parse.
02/04/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Lawfulswank
I think it's a little absurd to say a big portion of 95% and above is not legit, my logs are comparable to yours and I've never once asked my raid group to purposely slow dps going into execute phase just so I can build as much jug stacks as possible, you don't gotta cheese to parse orange, just perform well. That being said, if I had to guess I'd say a considerable portion of the very top of the 99% were probably padded in some way, not all of them though cause even I myself have a top 100 world parse on Portal-Keeper heroic.

I never asked either and if I would I would probably get laugh at alot. I was just wondering. You are probably right and of course some people that are near the very top didnt pad or cheese intentionnaly. I remember a particular moment with my guild during avatar heroic when almost everywone died during phase 2 and it was only me another dps the tanks a healers boy i boy.
I remember a particular moment with my guild during avatar heroic when almost everyone died during phase 2 and it was only me another dps the tanks a healers boy i boy.

I always feel dirty when I don't swap to orbs on Argus once we hit Execute range. My oh my those lovely Jugg stacks...

Hope that whole mechanic dies in BfA though. A ramp on back-loaded DPS is really just not great gameplay IMO.
02/05/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Hrothknut
I remember a particular moment with my guild during avatar heroic when almost everyone died during phase 2 and it was only me another dps the tanks a healers boy i boy.

I always feel dirty when I don't swap to orbs on Argus once we hit Execute range. My oh my those lovely Jugg stacks...

Hope that whole mechanic dies in BfA though. A ramp on back-loaded DPS is really just not great gameplay IMO.

I wish they would do something similiar with how they worked Arms, Execute a few times to empower another ability. puts some flavor into the execute without relying on it being a big stacking buff that may or may not get high.

Lol hope you don't do this in mythic as you would get benched real fast...or your guild going to have a hard time clearing anything. Not swapping to vari adds...wipe, not saving cd's for kingaroth adds...wipe, not swapping to portal keeper adds...wipe, etc.
02/06/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Dandelowise

Lol hope you don't do this in mythic as you would get benched real fast...or your guild going to have a hard time clearing anything. Not swapping to vari adds...wipe, not saving cd's for kingaroth adds...wipe, not swapping to portal keeper adds...wipe, etc.

Doing all of those things you mention will actually increase your dps without cheesing, so people are incentivized to do it anyway. However, a great example is Eonar. There is 0 point in AoEing the big waves of adds past 50% because Eonar just kills them all, and the priority should always be on the big adds. Doing it on farm is okay just to get a shiny parseif it isn't going to prevent your guild from killing the boss, but if you're going for a progress kill, something like that is a big no no.
02/06/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Korcron
I wish they would do something similiar with how they worked Arms, Execute a few times to empower another ability. puts some flavor into the execute without relying on it being a big stacking buff that may or may not get high.

Massacre being baseline is just fine with no Juggernaut and Execute being worth hitting with zero stacks.

IMO they could and should tune Rampage to hit like a truck since it's a massive rage dump. That would also make baseline Massacre and the Execute phase with no Juggernaut more impactful (not to mention the >80% phase of the fight) in terms of giving Fury an Execute 'gimmick' similar to EP. It also gives a bit of crit synergy to the spec once our artifact traits go away (since our Execute crit rate is vastly inflated in Legion).

They can always tweak rage gain and mastery to shift around damage inside vs outside of Enrage windows and screw with enrage% uptime expectations on our overall expected output.