Have you leveled from 1-110 recently?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 19 Next
No.
03/05/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Elethera
From a story standpoint, I find the new races interesting. Of course, aside from the new heritage armor, not much else is "new" about them.

I have been trying to level up my nightborne from level 1 and I find myself maybe questing enough to gain a level, two if I am feeling particularly masochistic. Maybe I chose the wrong zone (I am in Desolace right now) or maybe it's just that questing doesn't quite feel rewarding enough for me to power through it anymore, who knows?

I was curious how many people have actually leveled a new race from 1-110? On my server I have not seen a single new race toon at 110 in Dalaran, but maybe I am just not looking hard enough.

I’m not quite there but I just hit 90 and have 3 day 12hours played. I have so far done questing only and have all the basic heirlooms on head,shoulders,back,chest and pants.

I did eastern kingdoms from silver pine onward then to wrath then Pandaria now Draenor. I have been having a good time but do wish I was done at this point. I do plan do all the races so I will try all dungeons next run up and see which is better.

The likely best scenario would be quest between dungeons but we will see. Good luck and I would pick somewhere besides desolace I remember it being pretty buggy last time I through. GLHF
I have leveled up a Void Elf monk, as well as a Nightborne hunter from 20 -110 with no issues. I didn't have any problems finding groups for dungeons, and I didn't notice any general issues during that time. My leveling experience was roughly two weeks for each character, mixing my time doing quests, dungeons, and professions.

I used whatever heirlooms I had available for my characters, and although it was a pain to level up another class I had already maxxed out a few times already, it was ultimately my choice to do so because I wanted to have a Void Elf and Nightborne. I also wanted to collect the heritage armor. I may level up a High Mountain Tauren and a Light-forged Draenei later, but am more excited to level up a Zandalari when they are made available. [Edited due to a double-post]
If it's allied races, people start at 20, not 1. So there is that :P

I've leveled an HM Tauren last month.

20-50 or so was nice, since I went to zones that I read would be tolerable, and I went in with a different mindset - to simply try not to rush but to explore whatever I missed the first X amount of times I leveled and outleveled zones because of it.

60 or so is when I was reminded of power leveling through dungeons so I slapped a token on a second account (thank you gold farming lol) because a side from maybe Nagrand in Outlands and maybe Sholazar Basin, zones like Grizzly Hills were nice 'cause of how calm, colorful it felt overall but I quite dislike Northrend + Outland.

When I finished is when the nerfs happened so I guess (rip gold) but I got the one Armor I really wanted which I have yet to use my HM Tauren much after that lol

I think SOME vanilla zones were nice to do fully, a lot of others really are blah to me. A lot of the times also it was quite empty which felt like I was playing a single player game. When I hit zones that reaaally showed their age or zones I disliked a lot is when I peaked a lot at the XP bar.

Do it again? Nope. At least not for the Armor a lone, I either need to want to level for whatever enjoyment that is left in that old hot garbage or not do it at all. It's a game after all and it has to be fun for me. I did it partly to see how it felt it being scaled now, but also 'cause I really wanted to unlock that HM Tauren Armor the most I'd say but it had 20% incentive to keep me going through rough patches in leveling.
I'm kinda thinking it was over tuned on purpose until the xpac launches specifically to try and slow people down. I wouldn't be shocked if after the xpac launches it gets toned down a bit.
I have learned that Icecrown is desparately in need of attention. So many quests are not soloable and I cannot complete the zone now due to phasing which makes assistance much more difficult. Its incredibly frustrating as I thought I'd really enjoy that zone.

The parts I could complete were enjoyable. Sigh. Now I have to move on abruptly without finishing the zone as relevant content.
Technically .. no. My rogue was around 45 when 7.3.5 came around, my DK was already in Deepholme (about 83), and my mage/warlock have both been around 70 since the patch came.
Is leveling in Legion fun to you guys? Are the old quests just crappy?
I'm boosted. New class, started day of that patch.

Then I remembered I had a priest at 101

Now maybe I'll boost my Warlock which is at 105.

and maybe my rogue which is at 102

not Lazy, just have disposable money and no desire to level.
Im leveling a Lightforged Hunter who is at 50 now.

Its a draaaaaaaaag.

Arcane Shot til Marked Shot procs. Repeat until mob dies...usually 3 times.

Its really boring and takes forever.
03/05/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Elethera
From a story standpoint, I find the new races interesting. Of course, aside from the new heritage armor, not much else is "new" about them.

I have been trying to level up my nightborne from level 1 and I find myself maybe questing enough to gain a level, two if I am feeling particularly masochistic. Maybe I chose the wrong zone (I am in Desolace right now) or maybe it's just that questing doesn't quite feel rewarding enough for me to power through it anymore, who knows?

I was curious how many people have actually leveled a new race from 1-110? On my server I have not seen a single new race toon at 110 in Dalaran, but maybe I am just not looking hard enough.
nope,been there done that for about every class now;so I'm done with that.
7.3.5 killed my desire to want to level. It's painful. But at least it is giving me the opportunity to play other games.
Trying to get all the Mage Tower appearances, so I'm leveling a Rogue.
It used to take me a weekend to squeeze out a 110.
Now? It's taking me a whole god damn week, probably more, because these damn scaling praisers don't realize Blizzard is more interested in getting people to buy a level boost than hearing how you can play through old content again, but super slow to enjoy the scenery!
"I want people to slow down, enjoy and smell the roses! So I'm going to force them!"
Pretty damn good way to make people HATE rather than enjoy.
Lol I created this character to use my BFA boost on. I was going to level to 60 to get my professions but finally said screw this I could power level the professions quicker...
My HM Tauren is stuck around level 73. After hitting 60 it felt so slow and I never noticed how boring I find Northrend. He'll get there, eventually.

I have been trying to level up my nightborne from level 1 and I find myself maybe questing enough to gain a level,

But allied races start at level 20, not 1. I leveled this character from 20-110 and it wasn't bad really. This was before the dungeon buff too.
I keep needing a day off here and there from leveling this toon. I love affliction warlock but I'm scared I'll burn myself out. I'm actually trying to get loremaster and lots of transmog as I go to push myself. Manage to get a couple of zones finished already this week.
I leveled to 110 on this guy and I found the experience quite enjoyable. Took a couple weeks. Wasn't that bad at all.
I've leveled a Nightborne, but haven't even started this guy outside of doing a few days of the Monk Enlightenment daily. Unless they speed up the leveling process again I'm not sure I'll ever even bother doing it for a third time on a Zandalari Troll.