Can’t Quit the Shaman

Shaman
03/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Shocknorris
Orcs are the flagship Shaman race. They always have been. Nothing is going to change that. They've had much more established Shaman lore than Dwarves, and it isn't even close. You're grasping at straws.

how can I be grasping at straws when I've never said dwarves are more shamanistic than orcs?

Kinda coming out of nowhere with this one mate

03/13/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Tyranova
So like, that entire part about the Furies of Draenor being, well, furious just like them, somehow makes Orcs unable to connect with them?

"them" you mean the single orc shaman? versus the 50 warriors? Oh yeah very shamanistic race
03/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Shocknorris
03/13/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Ssjscarecrow
Trolls and taurens are much more shamanistic than bloodthirsty orcs.

Hooooooo boy, this hurts to read.

Orcs are the flagship Shaman race. They always have been. Nothing is going to change that. They've had much more established Shaman lore than Dwarves, and it isn't even close. You're grasping at straws.

Orcs have been shamans since before WoW was even made

Dwarves only got shamans in Cata. Hell, Draenei got shamans before Dwarves did. *shrug*
03/14/2018 01:49 AMPosted by Ssjscarecrow
"them" you mean the single orc shaman?

is this like, an attempt at trolling or somethin

i mean i knew people still playing legion shaman were dumb but good lord

somehow orcs having notable warriors also means their culture can't contain shamanistic individuals too or somethin
who knew
Hey mate you listen here, dwarves literally used to be made of the earth. So I'd say dwarfs are a lot more elemental than your frothing at the mouth raging berserker race is.

Not much spiritualism in orcs mate.

how can I be grasping at straws when I've never said dwarves are more shamanistic than orcs?

Pick one
03/14/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Tyranova
is this like, an attempt at trolling or somethin

Who other than drek'thar? You know the only guy who was ever in the questline needing help with the elements that we ever see?

03/14/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Shocknorris
Pick one

I said dwarves are more elemental.Elemental and shamanistic are too different words with two different meanings. It's like you knew you were wrong but posted that anyway?

03/14/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Tyranova
i mean i knew people still playing legion shaman were dumb but good lord

wow insulting everyone in the thread, bit rude. And legion shams good wym
You've spent all your time on this thread talking about how Orcs "aren't that shamanistic," when they're played up as the most inherently shamanistic race in the game. You act as if their expansive warrior history somehow invalidates their expansive shaman history.
Well, I stepped away for a few days and got tons of responses! Thanks for all the input, guys!

As is, I’m putting a hold on making a new shaman, at least for as long as I can resist. I haven’t preordered BfA so I don’t have access to the new races, but I’ll look into it when I finally pick it up.

Anyway, as much as I like the idea of a dwarf shaman, I’m leaning away from them. I think the reason I could never stay interested in one is because the starting area is so familiar now that I feel like I’m just playing the same thing over and over and that kills the enjoyment for me. For the time being, I’m focusing on my main (gnome rogue rules all!) and making a few alts on the side.

To be honest, however, I’ve been toying with the idea of making a goblin shaman. Mostly as a joke to see how ridiculous it is, but actually I kind of like the idea behind it. A goblin swindling elemental forces into doing her bidding? Why not?
never pick race based on racial, they barely matter. ALWAYS pick race based on xmog. thats just me though
03/14/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Shocknorris
when they're played up as the most inherently shamanistic race in the game.

That's definitely trolls and not orcs.
Who other than drek'thar?

Oh I dunno, maybe Thrall
Or Ner'zhul
Or Gul'dan
Or Rehgar
Or any number of orc NPCs, notable or not, that demonstrate shamanism as part of orc culture. Not that any are actually needed because it's outright stated in the lore that shamanism is in fact part of who orcs are as a people.

But hey who other than Drek'thar, I mean really there's nobody.

03/14/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Ssjscarecrow
wow insulting everyone in the thread, bit rude. And legion shams good wym

It's an earned reputation.
03/14/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Tyranova

I mean I don't remember seeing any of those characters in WoD with anything to do with the elemental furies, can you show me where they were?
Who other than drek'thar?

Oh I dunno, maybe Thrall
Or Ner'zhul
Or Gul'dan
Or Rehgar
Or any number of orc NPCs, notable or not, that demonstrate shamanism as part of orc culture. Not that any are actually needed because it's outright stated in the lore that shamanism is in fact part of who orcs are as a people.

ALL Orc Warlocks in the lore (named or unnamed) were also shamans...

03/14/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Ssjscarecrow
I mean I don't remember seeing any of those characters in WoD with anything to do with the elemental furies, can you show me where they were?

What exactly does that have to do with Orcs having a connection to the elements in general? Nothing? Imagine that. They were given as examples of how orcs, despite being angrymans, could still relate to Draenor Furies, because they're also some angrymans. Being an angryman doesn't mean you can't also be an elemental communing man anyways.

Also the part where Thrall literally says that the Furies are hard to connect with when he first gets to Draenor.

I really don't get what you're trying to argue here. Every time someone points out an example of how Orcs have shamanism as a core part of their culture despite being angry, bloodthirsty warriors or whatever, you come in and spew some more nonsense like you understand Warcraft lore or something.

Like I said, either you're "trolling" (joke's on all of us, you were only pretending to be stupid? I guess?), or you're even worse than a typical Legion Sham, in which case ouch, that's rough times.
ALL Orc Warlocks in the lore (named or unnamed) were also shamans...

I didn't know that

03/14/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Tyranova
They were given as examples of how orcs, despite being angrymans, could still relate to Draenor Furies

To me it showed that orcs have a hard time connecting to the elements, so I thought it was the exception to the rule type thing.

I really don't get what you're trying to argue here. Every time someone points out an example of how Orcs have shamanism as a core part of their culture despite being angry, bloodthirsty warriors or whatever, you come in and spew some more nonsense like you understand Warcraft lore or something.

I'm just talking about what I've seen shown in game.

Like I said, either you're "trolling" (joke's on all of us, you were only pretending to be stupid? I guess?), or you're even worse than a typical Legion Sham, in which case ouch, that's rough times.

I don't know why you have to keep being volatile just because I have a different perspective to you.
Legion shaman reporting that yes, we are all stupid. That's why we're not mages.
03/13/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Ssjscarecrow
03/09/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Zraux
Dwarves shouldn't even be shamans imo. But that's just me.. I hate them lol

Hey mate you listen here, dwarves literally used to be made of the earth. So I'd say dwarfs are a lot more elemental than your frothing at the mouth raging berserker race is.

Not much spiritualism in orcs mate.

03/10/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Yanderia
Well from mini maxing view all alliance shamans have horrible racials.

Dwarf is the strongest ele race.

the ancestors of the Orcs were stone shaped from Aggrammar. so their ancestors were also made from stone, same goes for ogres

also. i feel dark irons make sense. they were blessed by the lord of fire. what other shaman race was blessed by an elemental lord?
when i think of shaman i think of orc mostly because when you recruited a shaman in WC3 it was an orc... the tauren was a warrior lol

gul'dan 'disconnected' the orcs from the elements forcing all shamans and magic users to become warlocks. in lore

to the gentleman above arguing with people i really recommend checking out the history and lore of the orcs and dreanor in chronicles vol 2 instead of dogmaticly spouting wod quest text lore :)
TRYNOVA STILL PLAYS