Theory for Human Symbol of the Light

Story Forum
If you don't know what it looks like
https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Benedictus_Hat.jpg
My theory is that this symbol was created when the first human priests saw visions of the Naaru, this symbol was roughly based on what the priests described, and simply wasn't updated over time due to reverence for the Light.
Or... it's a mace.
03/14/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Vivette
Or... it's a mace.
Its possible? The Light apparently loves maces and hammers...seeing as half of a paladins abilities involves Light in the shape of a hammer lol
I miss how the light use to be the human religion - more akin to christianity and not the 'force' it has become with the naru.
03/14/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Mywiiusucks
I miss how the light use to be the human religion - more akin to christianity and not the 'force' it has become with the naru.

Homogenization is very bad for the setting, I dunno what the hell they were thinking when they made the titans responsible for the wild gods and made the Light the same for all 'faiths' and stuffed the void and Old Gods into one... thing.
Its still that way for humans, their religion, the church of the holy light hasn't changed any. It just seems like the "force" for Draenei because there much more Intune with it, its an everyday part of their lives.
03/14/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Skytotem

Homogenization is very bad for the setting, I dunno what the hell they were thinking when they made the titans responsible for the wild gods and made the Light the same for all 'faiths' and stuffed the void and Old Gods into one... thing.
But the Light has always been a faith based power that any race can use so long as the individual believes they are doing good.
I wish it was old gods, instead of a naru.
03/14/2018 03:03 AMPosted by Livinshadow
I wish it was old gods, instead of a naru.
Tentacled heathen!
03/14/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Skytotem

Either laziness or wanting less loose ends. Easier to keep track of stuff when it is homogenized.
03/14/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Fridrih
03/14/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Vivette
Or... it's a mace.
Its possible? The Light apparently loves maces and hammers...seeing as half of a paladins abilities involves Light in the shape of a hammer lol

Well it actually is a mace too:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=65477/warhammer-of-the-order#screenshots:id=200889

And
http://www.wowhead.com/item=65475/mace-of-the-order#screenshots:id=250635

Yeah I miss the Catholic based Light too.
03/14/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Tolak

Yeah I miss the Catholic based Light too.

I miss it for humans and dwarves. As for blood knights, I'm annoyed.

I understand the same expansion they were introduced they quit feeding off the space angel and started feeding off the dead space angel in the puddle. I know Lady Liadrin was a priestess of the light before the scourge invasion, but the religious devotion all blood knights are shown to have makes little sense to me.

There aren't any symbols related to the light in Silvermoon outside the blood knight area. I don't believe it's a large faith to the BEs, so they likely had few light worshippers, but not enough for all BE paladins to be former priests like Liadrin. The were likely mages or whatever else. Mages indoctrinated to the light by sucking life out of a Naaru don't likely have any real faith in the light and would likely just siphon from the Sunwell the same without a thought. No "Praise the light!" and major belief changes. Just a wet, dead Naaru instead of a suffering one. Somehow they're basically human paladins now, though. Disgusting.

Edit: Corrections