Average Playtime 1-60

Classic Discussion
Hey guys, was wondering what you think the average playtime will be when you ding 60. What will your /played be?

Also to clarify, I'm not referring to speed leveling. Just having fun, questing, doing dungeons, bgs and leveling professions (not necessarily maxing prof).
Mmm considering there were people who played for all of vanilla and never hit lvl 60.... and the average of any number / infinite, is infinite (number of players / number of hrs to hit 60).... the average time will be infinite. On the up side, if you hit 60 at all, you will have beaten the average
On my balance/resto Druid, first character, when I was unexperienced with the game and didn't know where all quests were, I started Nov. 23. 2004 and on January 11 I was 60 starting to farm dungeons for raid gear. I don't remember how much time /played it was though, but keep in mind druids where a major pain in the butt to level back then.
03/16/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Mahtar
On my balance/resto Druid, first character, when I was unexperienced with the game and didn't know where all quests were, I started Nov. 23. 2004 and on January 11 I was 60 starting to farm dungeons for raid gear. I don't remember how much time /played it was though, but keep in mind druids where a major pain in the butt to level back then.

Yeah druids were a pain if you weren't feral. Otherwise it was pretty easy.
I leveled a lock to 60 on a private server and it took me 10 days played. Leveled two professions to 300 and most exp coming from questing and the occasional dungeon.

Getting ganked and not being familier with alliance quests slowed me down quite a bit also.
03/16/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Dealloc

Yeah druids were a pain if you weren't feral. Otherwise it was pretty easy.
Even Feral were doing pathetic damage while leveling back then.
Leveling to 60 varies widely by class and playstyle or even addons. If you level a prot warrior to 60 without questing addons I imagine it could take up to 15 days. However, leveling a BM hunter or a warlock may only take 5 days.
Never playing before and having fun taking my time and doing dungeons.

37days

I expect with all the guides out itll take me around 6... Average on pservers is 6 to 9 days played
The most common playtime to 60 I saw on private servers with all my friends was 8 days played. That's with questing addons.
I remember it taking 11 days /played on my Fury Warrior.
Took me ~240 hours as a mage with no addons. Time well spent, though I did burn out around level 35 for a week.
I’m guessing at least 10 days on average. I think the world record on solo leveling during Vanilla on a non-boosted character is like 5.5 days? It will of course be a lot slower to level a guy with quest greens compared to a character you can boost with AH blues supplied through your main.
Hahaha, not a clue. The only thing I can say with any certainty is that it will be less than it showed on this gal.

The reason? Back in 2006 when I was leveling her, the game didn't automatically log you out as soon as you'd been AFK for a bit of time. I could doze off mid-flight, or walk away to get something done while the hearth loading screen was up, and not come back as soon as planned, all counting toward /played.
5-6 days played = fast (player is rushing or playing a fast class, or both)

7-8 days played = medium/decent speed

9-12 days played = player is taking their time

12-15 days played = kind of slow

My two chars on a private server took me 17-18 days played.

Could be more of course, especially if you level enchanting, or wPvP, or AH, or chat a lot.
My first 60 was 10 days and I think I got it down to about 8 days by my third 60.

That was back then though so with a frankenpatch or different tuning it could be faster.
On the downside, I simply do not recall...on the upside I think I have a screenshot of Q having just reached 60, with Time Played displayed.

So I’ll check...
12-15 days /played for someone not particularly trying that hard seems about right to me. Personally I was over 28 but I also had capped all my professions and spent a chunk of time helping lower level guildies run dungeons in the upper 40/low 50 range where I generally got nothing experience-wise.
No idea how many days /played to get to 60 back in early Vanilla.

I do recall it took me 2 months though. And I think it typically took me 2-8 hours /played per level.

I'm a slow leveler.

Since the question was what the average was, are you offering your experience as the average?
I remember it was about 10 or 11 days played for me.