Netflix - Warcraft

Movies, TV and Entertainment
05/12/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Arkitekt
that's because the rest of the world doesn't have premium usa content being consumed 24/7

in US standards, this warcraft movie was terrible.

in world standards, it was okish, better than their local tv

(have you ever watched canadian tv? holy crap.... stay as far away as possible)

living in canada is only good for beautiful cities, but a lot of us canadians prefer to consume american content. we get mad when netflix or amazon prevent us from seeing certain videos...
I worked in TV, Theatre and Film for about 50 years in one form or another and it's a cut throat business. I personally liked the film very much and have watched it a few times. And would like to see more!

That said, here's my real question. When Blizzard can put out a intro trailer like the one for Legion with Varian on the ship and Sylvanas on hers why in Elune's name are they messing around with film? That bit of film was beautiful, entertaining, believable and still gives me chills to this day. With that as a comparison the movie did not have a chance. The art in that trailer was outstanding and something I hope to see lots more of. I sat there trying to figure out if it was an actor or not.

The one thing I very much liked about the movie was the tie in with Legion. The end of the movie when Llane asks the Ork girl to kill him. The betrayal that was not a betrayal that was echoed in Legion when Sylvanas leaves Varian on the Broken Shore. A betrayal that wasn't a betrayal happening to both father and son. Chilling. Very good story telling and many people missed it. Actually makes me fear for Anduin.
The movie just wasn't great, there were way too many fundamental design flaws that crippled it.

Bad choice of story, for a world with such expansive lore this was one of the worst stories to start out with, and it was trying to cover way too much in too short a time

They should have just gone full GCI, the orcs looked leagues better than the humans and the costumes of a CGI setting do not translate well at all into real life

Just stop with the cringey Garona jokes, and why was she just a green human again?

Dwarf scene was totally unnecessary

There's just too much wrong with it, it already needs a reboot if they ever want to try again...but why would they? Movie revenue is chump change to Blizzard.
Could have been animated

However I personally felt it was the storyline they chose. Orc vs humans. Most of the games fanbase is only familiar with WoW’s lore not the Warcraft rts.
I would have started the franchise on one of the more popular villains such as Arthas.
First movie was just okay. Disappointing that it didn't try to present more of an alternate take on the story. Big sausage fest despite a lot of women in the background. I can see why it underperformed.
A netflix animated series would be life, especially if it went through all of the dark Arthas stuff. Like, each season could focus on one characters journey or something.
With the CGI we currently have in games. Blizzard would be best to use their own graphic technology to make a movie of a live cast. It would be probably much more successful.

I mean no offense to Metzan and Duncan, but choosing Warcraft 1 was probably the worse plot for a Warcraft movie. Also please... no more Asian High Elves... like seriously, he had a bigger face then the human.
WoW Needs Stand Alone Films! Horror Movies would be easiest since WoW has so many Horrors to make Movies from.

Possible Horror Movies include:

1. Lich King Movie

2. Nerubian Horror Movie

3. Scourge Geists and Ghouls Movie(the Geists would be the scarier of the two)

5. Scourge Abomination Movie(with all the Abomination types)

6. Scourge Plague Movie

7. Scourge Skeleton Movie

8. Scourge Ghost Movie(with Shades, Banshees and Wraiths)

9. Mogu Ghost Movie(the Green Mogu Ghosts are scariest)

10. Vol'dun Ghost Elemental(https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fractured_Memory) Movie

11. Drustvar Wicker Men/Crimson Forest Movie

12. Drustvar Pig Men/Falconhurst Movie

13. Drustvar Witch's Curse/Fallhaven Movie

14. Drustvar Abby Lewis Movie

15. Drustvar Cottontail Matron Movie

16. Drustvar Upper Corlain Movie(featuring the Blighted Horrors AKA the Spirits of the Drust)

17. Nazmir Movie(featuring the Blood Trolls and their creation of Mawfiends)

18. Sha Movie

19. Emerald Nightmare Movie

20. Legion Inquisitor Movie

21. Dreadlord Movie

22. Fel Tormented Soul(http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/602665.jpg) Movie

23. Blood N'raqi Movie

24. Aquatic N'raqi Movie

25. K'thir Movie(where the Tidesages slowly change into K'thir then N'raqi)

26. Aqu'sirr Movie

Technically Blizzard could make Horror Movies out of anything including the Stormsong Valley Honey Elementals(would be too ridiculous to take seriously) and Stormstout Brewery(would have to make it night time if they want to make the Alementals scary) if they wanted to.

Yes there is a lot of material for Horror Movies.

Of course non-Horror is possible too: Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale, Moonglade, Winterspring, Feralas, Un'Goro, Sholazar Basin, Jade Forest, Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Singing Pools, Wood of the Staves, the Wandering Isle training grounds, Valley of the Four Winds, Shadowmoon Valley, Talador, Terokkar Forest, Nagrand, Frostfire Ridge, Spires of Arak, Val'Sharah, Azsuna, Suramar, Stormheim, Mac'Aree... There is no limit of places for Stand Alone Movies outside of Horror!
The Warcraft story would be much better suited to a serial format than to movies. If they started with WC1, they could easily have 10+ seasons of material.
The big problem for someone who's never played any of the games is how huge the cast would be.
Netflix warcraft, where Jaina is black, Khadgar is asian, and Sylvanas is 3 midgets in a trench coat.
03/06/2018 02:35 AMPosted by Ziryus
02/27/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Bufferstuff

who tf watches or buys dvds in 2018?

Anyone who wants to watch something that is not streamed.

Yeah... but like... why? same quality if streamed/downloaded.
I thought the warcraft movie was pretty horrible. I would much rather they make full cgi movies like the cinematics they release from time to time. Those are good.
Am I the only person who thinks an anthology, in the vein of Animatrix or Halo Legends, set in the WoW universe is a good idea? We are already getting a Diablo animation on Netflix.
02/26/2018 03:03 AMPosted by Apollokai
Even as a wow player the movie is ok. Seeing certain places like SW was great. Acting was bad, dialogue was pretty much meh. They should have made it CGI like the BfA intro. Maybe 20 years ago, this movie would have been ground braking, it felt very dated. This movie was perfect for straight to DVD, or Netflix/ Hulu type movie. For the big screen WoW missed the mark.

Ya all the major CGI cut scenes are great, like the scene of sylvannas in banshee mode was pretty cool.
Warcraft is on Netflix huh that cool
I thought you had to record it.
If they dont make another one.. they should make a Netflix original animated series atleast
05/12/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Arkitekt
that's because the rest of the world doesn't have premium usa content being consumed 24/7

in US standards, this warcraft movie was terrible.

in world standards, it was okish, better than their local tv

(have you ever watched canadian tv? holy crap.... stay as far away as possible)

living in canada is only good for beautiful cities, but a lot of us canadians prefer to consume american content. we get mad when netflix or amazon prevent us from seeing certain videos...

i liked the tv show lost girl lol
Im just gonna leave this here ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nAeM558Xa8