Could Xal'atath be a titan?

Story Forum
What's everyone's thoughts on this one?

It seems to me that Xal'atath could be at least a portion of the titan that sargeras destroyed. We already knew its dreams had been turned to madness and that they can in some form communicate beyond their embriotic form.

By all means prove me wrong, i want to hear everyone's theories.
My theory is Xal'atath is a knife.
03/14/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Vuhdoheelz
By all means prove me wrong
I mean... I don't think you've given any evidence towards the assertion that Xal'atath has any connection to the Titans. Your post doesn't make it clear why it should even be considered.

Being part of a destroyed Old God, maybe. But not a Titan.
What's everyone's thoughts on this one?

It seems to me that Xal'atath could be at least a portion of the titan that sargeras destroyed. We already knew its dreams had been turned to madness and that they can in some form communicate beyond their embriotic form.

I highly doubt it. If Xal'atath was the Titan Sargeras destroyed before going full Fel, how did it end up on Azeroth before Sargeras even knew of the planet's existence?

Beyond that, there are other things too. For example, there's a good bit of evidence that points to Telogrus Rift, the Void Elf area, being the remains of that Titan. So that world may have been named "Telogrus".

Not only that, but the game already gives us two plausible theories for Xal'atath. That it's either a very powerful minion, or was its own Old God once upon a time. No mention of it possibly being a Titan.
There's little reason to believe Xal is a titan.

She scoffs at the Maiden in the Tomb of Sargeras by commenting "invaders corrupting invaders", which implies she views the titans as as much of an invading force as the Legion. She, in general, in many of her quotes is pretty dismissive of the titans and their works.

She speaks of her masters and specifically mentions the ethereal homeworld as an example of their might, which we know doesn't involve the titans.

She speaks of the "weakest of us" and mentions the other old god names as part of that "us".

You're going to have to bring up a lot more evidence to support your theory here.

You're usually supposed to provide some amount of proof for your claims before asking others to disprove it. That's called the burden of proof fallacy.
Xal'atath is Xe'ra's little brother.
Prove me wrong.
03/14/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Haylan
Prove me wrong.

That would require Xe'ra to be Lightforged like other Naaru and as far as I am aware of she isn't since she just died when Illidan killed her.
03/14/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
03/14/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Haylan
Prove me wrong.

That would require Xe'ra to be Lightforged like other Naaru and as far as I am aware of she isn't since she just died when Illidan killed her.
Being Lightforged doesn't make you unkillable. I'm also not sure that Lightforging is even a thing that can be done to beings that are literally made of Light.
Just no. Where did you even get that idea?
03/14/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Celandia
Being Lightforged doesn't make you unkillable. I'm also not sure that Lightforging is even a thing that can be done to beings that are literally made of Light.

A Lightforged Void entity(which the Naaru K'ure, L'ura, K'ara and M'uru have all showed signs of being) would turn Void God then die when Illidan eye beamed it.

There would be no crystals made of Light(which surprised and delighted Velen) left over but crystals of Void instead.
03/14/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
A Lightforged Void entity(which the Naaru K'ure, L'ura, K'ara and M'uru have all showed signs of being)
"Lightforged Void entities"? This is ridiculous even for you.

would turn Void God then die when Illidan eye beamed it.

There would be no crystals made of Light(which surprised and delighted Velen) left over but crystals of Void instead.
Every instance of a naaru falling to the void we've seen has happened slowly over time. Enough damage all at once would just straight-up kill it instead (for instance, O'ros).
03/14/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
A Lightforged Void entity(which the Naaru K'ure, L'ura, K'ara and M'uru have all showed signs of being) would turn Void God then die when Illidan eye beamed it.

Going Void is something that only a few naaru do. It's apparently very rare, we just see it alot when dealing with cosmic scale events. It also only happens when they are severely injured on the brink of death.

It's not a natural part of Naaru life. Xe'ra would've just died too fast for it to have happened.
03/14/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Celandia
"Lightforged Void entities"? This is ridiculous even for you.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Decimatus

"At long last... my time has come! This world shall crumble beneath the power of the void!"

The statement(along with Xal'atath calling Naaru long lost brethren to Void Entities that will return to their masters in time) outright implies that Decimatus was a fragment of a Void Lord that was Lightforged into K'ure and was trying to regain control of the fragment and only succeeded when the Naaru died.
03/14/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
The statement(along with Xal'atath calling Naaru long lost brethren to Void Entities that will return to their masters in time) outright implies that Decimatus was a fragment of a Void Lord that was Lightforged into K'ure and was trying to regain control of the fragment and only succeeded when the Naaru died.
Yeah, it absolutely does NOT imply that, except in your mind. It implies nothing more than the already obvious relationship between the naaru and the void.
03/14/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Reallyhappy
My theory is Xal'atath is a knife.

well you're no wrong...
What did I start...