Would anyone really?

Classic Discussion
03/16/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Cerrberus
I wouldn't mind seeing gear equivalent to already existing gear to cover specs that didn't get much love back in the days.

My thought exactly. Would not need to be new content, but rather simply added to loot list probabilities in the handful of "endgame" dungeons.
03/16/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Williams
03/16/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Anitharia
In Legion you are drowned in gear so much that it feels meaningless to get gear as it's useless 99% of the time. It feels awful.

Worse than Wrath? Is that actually possible?

Wrath is nothing compared to Legion with how much gear is thrown at you. You can get dozens of epics everyday for little to no effort, but because of that most of them are useless.
Gear? I would mind. Vanity items like the Orb of Deception and Deviate Fish? I would not mind.
03/16/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Williams
03/16/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Anitharia
In Legion you are drowned in gear so much that it feels meaningless to get gear as it's useless 99% of the time. It feels awful.

Worse than Wrath? Is that actually possible?

Not even remotely close. Your daily acquisition of epic gear in Legion is only limited by your tolerance for completing daily quests.

In Wrath it was determined by your ability to complete heroic dungeons, raids and succeed in battlegrounds. And there were no rng upgrades to gear.
It will be "new loot" for all the trolls that never played vanilla.

No need to add anything.
03/16/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Pertimen
Would anyone really mind having more loot put into the game? It wouldnt change anything actually, gameplay wise, but it would add a freshness to an old game. New weapons, armor, trinkets, etc, but not puttin them in as a replacements, but as additional loot

Then it actually does change gameplay.

So no.
03/16/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Mistwynd
03/16/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Nelthene
Also the itemization of the new items would be heavily pressured to deviate from traditional itemization.
yeah.

Reminds me of early vanilla... getting a cloth chest to drop for my mage only to see it was "of the falcon" (had agility on it).

in general, itemization was crap in vanilla. what real benefit would there be to more garbage drops?
I would mind it a lot, actually.

It seems pointless; the game has enough loot already.
Classic WoW, should be classic WoW - warts and all.

It's real easy to make good arguments for changes, but then it becomes a new game. The entire point of classic WoW is that it isn't a new game. It's an old game, but one that people really enjoyed.

If you want a game "like" classic WoW with a bunch of changes, then ask Blizzard to make an entirely new and separate game.
I'd mind.
03/17/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Gromphaux
It's real easy to make good arguments for changes, but then it becomes a new game.

I've only ever seen good points made by the people asking for accessibility options, minor UI tweaks like more mail slots, and the addition of guild banks, and one of those things is all but guaranteed to be in the game out of principle anyways.

Every other change that's been suggested has been argued for rather poorly, which is why you'll usually see the same points regurgitated between these suggestions regardless of their validity. Notice how the people asking for transmog, void storage, or additional loot drops will often preface their suggestions with a statement along the lines of "this wouldn't really alter the gameplay at all" or something to that effect? It's not only demonstrably false in all of these cases, but it's also an admission that these are meant to be vanity changes - they wouldn't even exist to "fix" any perceived problems with how the game actually plays, they'd just be around to fulfill the personal desires of the individual asking for the change.

It's easy to formulate an argument for a bad change if you only think about it for like 5 seconds and don't even consider the reprecussions, but it must be very difficult to make an argument that has any merit since they're so rare on this forum.
I would prefer that they did not add new loot.

If they did, then they should at least refrain from ever adding gear with greater item levels than naxx gear. And nothing should replace any BiS item of any spec.
03/16/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Summeraiyne
03/16/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Slugs
Add in some loot that looks like BfA gear/weappns but has the stats of already existing vanilla gear/weapons

I prefer the old weapon and armor styles personally. While I still play live on occasion, the new armor and weapons have gotten too flashy and sparkly for my taste. It reminds me of one of those free to play games where you start off with all this flashy gear.

Actually, much of the previewed BFA armors have been quite restrained and subdued. Based off of actual breastplates and the like, finally adding polys to parts of your character rather than just textures.

03/16/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Xanthak
Gear? I would mind. Vanity items like the Orb of Deception and Deviate Fish? I would not mind.

More toys would be neat. Live has the infamous trend of 'nerfing fun'. IE, taking items that do literally nothing but a cosmetic effect, and changing their 15 min duration, 15 min cooldown into a 15 minute duration TWO HOUR cooldown.
I would enjoy more loot options for hybrids. Additions to the loot table that would help hybrids enjoy their non-healing roles that they created the character for.

Don't create new tiers. Don't make it OP. Don't replace old gear. Don't make an over-abundance of gear dropping, just a low drop chance so that there IS a probability of farming potential for helpful gear to enjoy your gaming experience. Like a 60 blue 2h for enh that drops from ubrs or blue feral staff to farm other than warden staff & raid drops, just examples.

I think it would help diversify the classes without the proposed class balance people keep throwing around willy nilly.
I think it would have to serve specific purpose. mainly filling gaps in gear that specific specs. a tanking sword with +def and chance on hit to restore x mana would come to mind. leather casting gear being more common or having stats that are better allocated.

I wouldn't be opposed to more gear to supplement the hybrid specs that were ignored in most of vanilla timeline.

mages, rogues, priests, hunters, warlocks, and warriors all have more then plenty of items that already do unique things and fill their loot tables enough.
03/17/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Hølyknight
I would mind it a lot, actually.

It seems pointless; the game has enough loot already.

is that why ele shamans, enhance shamans, prot pali, and feral druids main issues are gear and not so much talents? doesn't seem like a "enough gear" could the hybrids use better options for talents?yes but it's not a main issue.
03/16/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Mistwynd
03/16/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Nelthene
Also the itemization of the new items would be heavily pressured to deviate from traditional itemization.
yeah.

Reminds me of early vanilla... getting a cloth chest to drop for my mage only to see it was "of the falcon" (had agility on it).

Didn't falcon have int on it as well though? I vaguely recall an agi/int mixture...
03/16/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Williams
03/16/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Nelthene
Of course i would mind; the risk to reward ratio of Vanilla is one of the foundations that differentiates it from Live.

If i wanted gifts showered on me id load any of several dozen mobile games.

This.

When you are drown in gear it becomes way less epic. I noticed this trend in The Burning Crusade. By the time Wrath got here loot had become a joke because its role on your character was so short lived that it was here to day and gone in 3 months.

I don't want to go back to Wrath, it was a horrid game by RPG standards. I have friends who enjoyed the story, but none of us actually enjoyed the game play.

I wish i recalled a little clearer BC and Wrath. I do remember being quite pleased with gearing up in Hellfire and Zangar Marsh. Wrath unfortunately was a nightmare... Tried to level and gear fast to raid, ruined my fun immediately.

My favorite time ever regarding gear was BC catchup gear for heroic badges, and the rare heroic pieces. Hard to differentiate the fun from gearing from the thrill of the game as a whole at that time.
03/16/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Pertimen
Would anyone really mind having more loot put into the game? It wouldnt change anything actually, gameplay wise, but it would add a freshness to an old game. New weapons, armor, trinkets, etc, but not puttin them in as a replacements, but as additional loot

How about just level appropriate loot, like if you get a drop for your level 10 character in a level 10 zone it's a level 10 item, not level 5.
Guys, i love vanilla. But, added loot wouldnt hurt anyone considering it was vanilla style loot. I mean, we have played Vanilla for long time, ps, and way back in the day, but new loot would add a freshness. It wouldnt affect old loot, old loot plus new loot, more loot. More gear that has to be obtained by the same means youd usually jave to obtain it by. Because, im going to be honest. I want to ret pally dps, there just isnt enough for me man