Loot Rules for Transmog Runs

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 28 Next
'More than 10' means previous expansion items suddenly become nigh impossible to acquire. It should be '10 or more'. In fact, that's what the wording used to be and was changed at some point. Why?

This means any Legion transmog will be effectively impossible to obtain in BfA and really needs to be changed. Even looking at the next month, 8.0 immediately kills off the ability to get loot out of WoD content which has been trivial for ages now.

I just don't see why it can't be a toggleable option. Let players determine when the content is 'trivial'.
Isn't legacy loot mode the same as free for all loot mode or am I missing something?
Odin Be Praised! you're doing the right thing Blizz keep up the good work
I don't understand is it more than 10 or 10 or more, seen so many different ways this has been worded and still don't understand
07/16/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Nahela
'More than 10' means previous expansion items suddenly become nigh impossible to acquire. It should be '10 or more'. In fact, that's what the wording used to be and was changed at some point. Why?

This means any Legion transmog will be effectively impossible to obtain in BfA and really needs to be changed. Even looking at the next month, 8.0 immediately kills off the ability to get loot out of WoD content which has been trivial for ages now.

I just don't see why it can't be a toggleable option. Let players determine when the content is 'trivial'.

Legacy Loot Mode

Now, when you enter an instance at 10 levels or more above the maximum level of the content, Legacy Loot rules will be automatically enabled. Under Legacy Loot rules, drops will include a chance for all items that would drop for a full party or raid at the instance’s level.

Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21959894/battle-for-azeroth-pre-patch-notes

If I read that correctly the more than ten levels is not quite accurate. It will be 10 levels or more which now includes I'm guessing Legion dungeons and raids.
Why make it 11? If you're able to solo WoD (currently) or Legion content in BFA why are you getting bent over and !@#$ed by Blizzard?

07/17/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Rianor

Legacy Loot Mode

Now, when you enter an instance at 10 levels or more above the maximum level of the content, Legacy Loot rules will be automatically enabled. Under Legacy Loot rules, drops will include a chance for all items that would drop for a full party or raid at the instance’s level.

Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21959894/battle-for-azeroth-pre-patch-notes

If I read that correctly the more than ten levels is not quite accurate. It will be 10 levels or more which now includes I'm guessing Legion dungeons and raids.

It literally says 11 in that post you linked.
I don't understand why the wording of the post was changed. Why can't legacy loot mode be active for the previous expansion's raids? It's completely trivial content that can be completed by one person, so why wouldn't legacy mode kick in? It does nothing but stymie transmog hunters who are trying to collect appearances. I would personally like this change reverted, but at the least, I think we deserve an explanation when the previous information on legacy loot mode, which has been in the ethos for awhile at this point, very clearly indicated an immediately prior expansion's raids (i.e.- WoD raids in Legion) would trigger legacy loot mode.
Yay!!!
07/17/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Zaier
I don't understand why the wording of the post was changed. Why can't legacy loot mode be active for the previous expansion's raids? It's completely trivial content that can be completed by one person, so why wouldn't legacy mode kick in? It does nothing but stymie transmog hunters who are trying to collect appearances. I would personally like this change reverted, but at the least, I think we deserve an explanation when the previous information on legacy loot mode, which has been in the ethos for awhile at this point, very clearly indicated an immediately prior expansion's raids (i.e.- WoD raids in Legion) would trigger legacy loot mode.
My theory: Blizzard intended on legacy loot mode being active for the previous expac's content, they just didn't code it correctly. Rather than fix their code, they just changed all their announcements about the feature.
Watch for a future change announcing legacy loot mode for the previous expac. :)
I would like to know why it's always been 10 levels or more and then they changed it to 11 levels or more. That's pretty crappy. I mean yeah next month it wont matter but that means all of the legion content won't be in legacy until the xpac after this. As of right now it is legacy. I would expect to try to solo farm it in BFA or legacy drops.
This change seemed promising before you changed it to 11 levels. Now it's pointless. Before, I could make a one man raid and change to free for all loot and get the same result. A little inconvenient, sure, but it worked fine.

Now I can't farm previous content from last XP the way I was doing before. Thanks for taking away player choice in loot modes, Blizz.
Thank you! This almost fixes the biggest issue with xmog farming. Hopefully legion will be eligible for legacy loot @120. Please don't let legion fall into a pit for the next few years.

Also lets get some of those removed items back in game. ;)
Just wait till you get back to town and check your mail box... all the loot you tried to leave on the bosses still gets sent to your mail.
Hope you got bag space
07/17/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Osiana
07/17/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Zaier
My theory: Blizzard intended on legacy loot mode being active for the previous expac's content, they just didn't code it correctly. Rather than fix their code, they just changed all their announcements about the feature.
Watch for a future change announcing legacy loot mode for the previous expac. :)

No. This is definitely on purpose. Watcher has made some snarky comments in the past about farming old raids for gold when people complained that the values of the items and gold from bosses were nerfed.

This is Blizzard doing what they always do. Nothing is free. In order to get something they take something. So now everyone not good enough to farm raids on their alts in Legion will either need to do it week in and out for mog or wait for another 3 years to do it efficiently.

They worded it exactly how they wanted to knowing people would jump to conclusions. Now the pre-patch notes say 11 levels instead.

So we got our 5 mans back for mog hunting but lost raids WOD raids for the next month and will lose Legion raids until next expansion. This feels really shady Blizz.
Unbelievable that they would make it "more than 10 levels" That is just asinine. I really don't get why they can't stand for us to go back to the previous xpac and farm it easily. It IS trivial at 10 levels.

It's amazing the game has lasted as long as it has with all of the ridiculous restrictions they put on players who want to customize their characters. Add to this the artifact restrictions for another kick in the groin.
sad part Trash no longer drops loot for the boe's and the boss's may only drop one piece of loot from the BRF Raid from wod.
There's no good reason for this system to be set at 11 levels when it blocks out an expansion for so long. People were already soloing Legion dungeons and raids, now we're going to spend the next two years getting piddly loot drops until the next expansion goes live.
Earlier today, this was reported in the bug forums - all the white knights telling the Bug reporters to “learn to read patch notes and live with it, company has the right blah blah” bs.

They set an expectation to the consumers - everyone was eagerly waiting for this legacy loot thing to be live - then they jabbed all of us with a 11 level ninja change.

I certainly feel very insulted that we are being lied to.

But hey, the white knights think otherwise so what else can we do but to suck our thumb and live by their rules.
Pushing this thread up - Like to have some answers please
https://www.wowhead.com/news=282075.6/loot-rules-for-transmog-runs-legacy-loot-mode-in-battle-for-azeroth

There's the original post before it was edited.