update bug?

Technical Support
launcher seems bugged, get stuck on trying to update, specifically "waiting on another installation or update ..." except I don't have any. the launcher does not get past that point, tried resetting, removing cache, scan& repair, seems stuck at this since this new update
02/28/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Nikié
launcher seems bugged, get stuck on trying to update, specifically "waiting on another installation or update ..." except I don't have any. the launcher does not get past that point, tried resetting, removing cache, scan& repair, seems stuck at this since this new update

Same here..
ditto
Same here also, just hangs at that screen.
i had this issue where i'd press "play" and it would say launch but then nothing... i deleted/uninstalled my chat overlay (in my case it was ventrilo) and TA DAAAA working WOW!
Been trying to solve this for the past hour. Pretty frustrating since I only had a small window of time to play.

Edit: After restarting my computer a few times and closing every instance of bnet in task manager, the patch finally started to update. Unfortunately, too little too late.
Guess we'll get at er in a day or two
same, been waiting for a couple hours
still waiting here too starting to make me mad
I found a fix.

Hit ctr alt delete and start task manager. Kill anything and everything wow related in the task manager. And i mean everything wow related scroll down i had missed a couple at the bottom the first time. After that try again.
Add my name to the list.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the voice chat in HotS inclusion.
Im having the same issue, tried the task manager/close everything trick... nothing...

Restarted the computer twice... nothing...
HELLO, BLIZZARD, BUMP
THE SOLUTION:

I had these same problems and also tried everything. Then I noticed in the launcher, in the upper-left corner, under the blue "Blizzard" logo is a bar...partially filled. So I clicked the little down-arrow and at the bottom of that menu it showed: "Updating Battle Net... 24%"

So now I know what the "other" installation was! I clicked on that message and it popped up a little window that showed the percentage complete. It took a long time so not sure what they're pushing out, but I'm sure this is everyone's problem. Hope it helps!