R.I.P First Aid 2009 - 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
02/15/2018 04:12 AMPosted by Ghreln
And apparently all the recipes are being moved to tailoring. Just who I go to when I have an injury, the tailor lol

Considering bandages are made of cloth then yeah I rather go to a tailor than a blacksmith.
02/15/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Glaivedancer
02/15/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Helaato
It was relevant at one point, but it's been long irrelevant aside from achievements. I can't recall a single time people carried the antidotes with them to cure poisons or whom used bandages instead of food.

I use bandages all the time on my Warrior and several other characters. Especially still useful when leveling.

No they aren't, and haven't been for a long time. Level appropriate bandages heal a couple hundred HP when you have a couple thousand.
Useless skill is useless. Not a controversial decision.
02/15/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Bojanglz
And apparently all the recipes are being moved to tailoring. Just who I go to when I have an injury, the tailor lol

Considering bandages are made of cloth then yeah I rather go to a tailor than a blacksmith.

Since when are tailors nurses?

I like being self sufficient, and I have been making my own bandages and first aid items for years.

Take my hunter for example, what wilderness person does not know basic first aid? My hunter is a prepper - survivalist, who knows how to bandage themselves up if they get injured.

Why should I start going to a tailor to get bandages from a skill I have learned and known for years?

Oh yeah blizz logic....

02/15/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Altmcdaniels
Useless skill is useless. Not a controversial decision.

But they have the power to make it useful and better though.
02/15/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Shadowlynx

But they have the power to make it useful and better though.

It doesn't add anything to the game.

Good riddance.

You're like a shirt, right? Don't worry; I can fix that.

But as of the last build; yes. Tailoring is consuming First Aid.
How difficult is it to make the health gain a %, wouldn't that solve the issue of irrelevancy?
So what you're saying is that if I want anything from The dreamweaver in ICC I should get it now. Gotcha.

*stockpiles bandages*
Good. Get rid of cooking next and merge it into alchemy. After all, cooking is basically just edible spice alchemy.

Archaeology can be rolled into mining. Add fishing to herbalism for parity.
02/15/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Lewdlady
There's talks on the Alpha of First Aid being removed from the game.

R.I.P First Aid.

Most classes have a healing spell of sorts and in any type of difficult content you have healers. First aid really isnt needed anymore. Im not advocating it going away but i can see the decision to not continue with it.

I'm guessing they are seeing very few bandages being made from crafting so they are removing it.
Tbh... I don't care. First aid was relevant back in the day, but ever since Bliz has given pretty much every class their own form of self sustain, bandaging over 8 seconds is just not necessary. Leveling a warrior atm and unless I'm a few hits from death it's better for me to just keep pulling and using victory rush.

It's been like this ever since death knights came out as the first class where the option of "pull even more stuff" was the correct answer when at half health.
Good. Get rid of cooking.
I've been a chef since 2005.

No.
Given two things -

(1) This change is not live on alpha yet - you can still use train and level up First Aid.
(2) There was about 6 days between the first public build and the second public build.

Makes me think this is some sort of backhanded way QA are using to glean feedback. After all the developers have publicly stated that alpha is both experimental as well as having incomplete things in them.
02/15/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Nixxe
Good. Get rid of cooking next and merge it into alchemy. After all, cooking is basically just edible spice alchemy.

Cooking is used far more than bandages ever was. I bet for every 1 bandage made by crafting there is 1,000,000 items cooked from crafting.

Cooking you get both Health and Well Fed Stat increases
02/15/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Tiridan
Guys.

It’s ALPHA, calm down.

It’s ALPHA, calm down...

It’s BETA, calm down....

It’s LIVE, calm down.....
02/15/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Lucardo
02/15/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Sora
new class: field medic

HEROES NEVAH DIE.

..for a price.
It's been useless since they gave every class a self heal.

Not to mention the whole bleeds break bandage thing.

"I can't bandage you, you're bleeding!"
TBH as much as I hate loosing it, First Aid was almost always a useless profession. Since vanilla there was almost no good reason to use it since alchemy pots always did a better job than it.

I say almost because the only time it was truly useful was in Warlords when health potions were made from First Aid rather than Alchemy as usual. I hate seeing anything removed but really there was no point to the profession beyond a few achievements.
02/15/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Helaato
It was relevant at one point, but it's been long irrelevant aside from achievements. I can't recall a single time people carried the antidotes with them to cure poisons or whom used bandages instead of food.

They made the Antidotes unusable! They made most of the best parts of First Aid only available in the open world. This stuff would certainly be useful in dungeons.

First aid was made useless for no reason. Why stop people from using these things in dungeons?

Also Falcosaur Egg omelettes, they're a great food. Try eating one in Argus though or try eating one while doing the mage tower challenge.
I hope they don't remove it.

I still use it on my rogues and hunters.

I also like the monthly first Aid quest at Darkmoon Faire, it gives me tickets.

If people don't use it, then they just don't have to take it, there is no reason to take it away.

The hunters 'heal' is locked for two minutes after usage, and the rogue 'drink' does crap to mend my character if I am fighting off more then three monsters and have another one around the corner.

I didn't used to get as hurt when I could kill stuff faster, but now my characters get hurt more because it takes longer to kill stuff.

I need first aid!