R.I.P First Aid 2009 - 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
02/15/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Kybeorie
How will I got get a first aid achievement, for a horrible RNG thing about bandaging some soldier dude somewhere?

That title isn't even account wide. :(
02/15/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Lewdlady
There's talks on the Alpha of First Aid being removed from the game.

R.I.P First Aid.

Oh thank The Flying Spaghetti Monster!

It's about time! Easily the most useless profession ever in this game!
Dont think I ever used it much besides leveling with melee classes... In previous expansions.

Don't bother wasting bag space for field packs cause those quests aren't worth it.
02/15/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Deydrania

R.I.P First Aid.

*sits there quietly bandaging herself*
What? Did you say something?
02/15/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Tiridan
Guys.

It’s ALPHA, calm down.

They have a track record of bad things in alpha that should be killed off becoming things in live that should have never left the alpha.
02/15/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Pointyends
02/15/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Tiridan
Guys.

It’s ALPHA, calm down.

It’s ALPHA, calm down...

It’s BETA, calm down....

It’s LIVE, calm down.....

It's a useless skill, calm down.

Any utility in First Aid can be added to Cooking if Blizzard wants it to be available to everyone (healing between battles, poison cures, whatever) or Tailoring if Blizzard wants it to have limited availability.

One thing Blizzard should do is, every time someone gripes about the skill going away, it should check their characters' skill level in it. Anyone with under 750 should be ignored.
02/15/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Faolana
02/15/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Deydrania

*sits there quietly bandaging herself*
What? Did you say something?

First Aid will never ever be as good as eating food. And food in this game doesn't require a skill to buy and it's dirt cheap!!! Food only costs money when it buffs a stat.
Won't someone think of the Darkmoon carnies?!
02/15/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Säyä
Cooking is used far more than bandages ever was. I bet for every 1 bandage made by crafting there is 1,000,000 items cooked from crafting.

Cooking you get both Health and Well Fed Stat increases

It's just unnecessarily complex and confusing to new players, not to mention the mental trauma after training under Gordon Tramsay.
02/15/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Nixxe
not to mention the mental trauma after training under Gordon Tramsay.
Steamy Romance Novel: Where's the Lamb Sauce?

R.I.P First Aid.
First Aid hasn't really been all that worthwhile since like BC.

I can remember plenty of fights where timing a bandage use mid-raid boss was critical to supporting the healer team, like Blackwing Lair.

But really, its been a long while since Blizzard made anything First Aid did as critical to success.

I wouldn't mind them turning the other direction and making First Aid useful again instead of getting rid of it. But its kind of unnecessary the way things stand today.
Last time I used a bandage was Vezzax in Ulduar.
Back when mana was a thing (vanilla/early TBC) first aid wasn't useless.

Now that virtually every class has a self-heal.....yeah I can see why this is useless.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

It is definitely true that it's "situational"....and there are basically no situations that require/need/benefit from it anymore. Which is not to say Blizzard couldn't add some.
02/15/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Maeleterix
02/15/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Sublimé
...2009?
The years when first aid was relevant doesn’t count. Don’t cha know?!

It was certainly relevant way before 2009. Think 2006. Your guild would not be able to kill Loatheb unless every member was able to use a heavy runecloth bandage on themselves (save the shadow priest, vampiric embrace cheese stray).
With how badly professions have been treated since mist of pandaria they might as well remove it all. At least in Mist they still had utility uses like gem socketing for blacksmiths and Bonus stat from tailoring. Only profession still worth it's salt is still engineering with the gadgets you can implant on armor.
02/15/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Lorsaire
First Aid hasn't really been all that worthwhile since like BC.

I can remember plenty of fights where timing a bandage use mid-raid boss was critical to supporting the healer team, like Blackwing Lair.

But really, its been a long while since Blizzard made anything First Aid did as critical to success.

I wouldn't mind them turning the other direction and making First Aid useful again instead of getting rid of it. But its kind of unnecessary the way things stand today.

This kind of sums up my actual opinion. Blizzard decided every class needed to have inherent sustain, which made First Aid basically worthless after being a required profession in BC. It still has niche uses and I'd greatly prefer they simply find a way to make it more useful rather than just go through the motions, but I understand why they'd want to get rid of it. Still, it's hard not to be slightly bitter about it as yet another step in a growing tradition of simplifying for its own sake.
02/15/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Way to put your "stamp" on things guys.
I wouldn't have leveled it even with those changes and even when it was useful, it was only useful during questing and when not every class had a DoT effect in PvP.
02/15/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Helaato
It was relevant at one point, but it's been long irrelevant aside from achievements. I can't recall a single time people carried the antidotes with them to cure poisons or whom used bandages instead of food.

I use bandages on low level alts all the time.

As for the antidotes, I would carry them if they would work in current content, but they don't.
02/15/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Way to put your "stamp" on things guys.
I wouldn't have leveled it even with those changes and even when it was useful, it was only useful during questing and when not every class had a DoT effect in PvP.

02/15/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Mcrevis
Your guild would not be able to kill Loatheb unless every member was able to use a heavy runecloth bandage
Naxxramas was a notoriously easy raid. I believe I recall that when WotLK launched, a guild quested all the way to 80 in their level 70 raid gear and proceeded to beat Naxxramas with it. I am pretty sure bandages were not necessary. Maybe it was the strategy you guys used, but that's the first I've heard of it.
i never used it so...w/e even on my warrior or any class that needs it.