Leveling is now a SLOW boring grind...

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 Next
tldr

Bliz should at least boost the heirlooms exp gain %. I am fine with the heirlooms being a bit nerfed stat wise but some of us EARNED most of our heirlooms the old way and not the GOLD way(not that it matters a whole lot but its just the idea in my mind). The heirlooms were suppose to be a reward for people who have done it all before . Now it feels like my time farming dungeons and raids for tokens to get these looms have been taken away.
I am sure it's still faster but dang it once you are use to it being one way for so long it is really hard to go back..

Some of us have already taken the scenic route several times.. While I do like some leveling areas Outland and a good portion of Northrend are quite dull experiencing over and over.

You know what i do though in areas I actually LIKE to quest in.. I do the entire quest line regardless of me out leveling the area.. I even do old raids and dungeons all the time simply cause i like them nothing else.

why people let heirlooms or people with heirlooms ruin their day i don't know.. You have control over how you experience the game. If you don't want to level super fast.. then don't equip/buy looms. Why is my fast leveling having such a big effect on you?

the only thing i like about this nerf so far is me actually having to use my cooking and first aid once in a while lol. This intrigues me.
Shout out to Kara trash farm got me from 72-80 in abit over an hr of playtime this afternoon hitting Pandaria now ftw.
04/02/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Xathra
04/02/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Vallidorn

It still takes less time than your average MMORPG, and far less time than your most popular MMORPG's out there. So if they're interested in playing MMORPG's, I'd wager it won't have any impact.

No it doesn't stop lying. FFXIV Wildstar Secret World SWTOR Tera ESO hell BDO are all faster.

I've played all of those and you're wrong. WoW is by far the fastest leveling MMO and that's even after the patch.
02/15/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Nithenarina
I haven't much of an issue with increasing ONLY the bonus experience on 'looms.

But I do have a question: Once you finish the 'boring grind', what do you plan to do with this additional character at 110?

I'm just not getting how you can call levelling a grind, but omit the fact of 90% of endgame content being pure grinding in the most traditional sense of the term.

Endgame content has challenges in the sense that your character will die if you play poorly. Sure, a lot of it boils down to farming, but 110 is where you see interesting dungeon mechanics, relatively balanced PVP and the full set of skills that your class is currently intended to be played with.

For people looking for a legitimate moment-to-moment challenge rather than something that just takes a long time, there really isn't anything in the game below level cap.
I agree I didn’t even gain 10 levels after leveling my Nightborne mage yesterday. It sucks. I didn’t do it all day long though so that may have affected it a bit. I was leveling for about 3-4 hours.
04/03/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Velvetglove
Shout out to Kara trash farm got me from 72-80 in abit over an hr of playtime this afternoon hitting Pandaria now ftw.

Yeah and RS was even faster, but people can't shut up about anything.
Honestly I have never rushed through anything in this game and I am all for stopping and smelling the pixels.

However, the line between "experiencing the content" and being so bored that you log off has been crossed for many of us.

I'm not sure what Blizzard's end-game is here, to be honest. If the goal is to keep more people logging more hours -- which seems to be the metric by which they now measure the team's success -- then slowing the game down more and more just isn't going to work. This has been a trend since the end of MoP and players mostly hate every aspect of slowing game-play down. Delayed flying, time-gated content, RNG, slower leveling: These game changes really seem to account for a whole lot of player complaints and all these changes serve to slow down the game.

If the overall plan is to slowly kill the game by inches as players drift away because the game requires more and more hours to get anywhere? Yeah, by all means keep slowing everything down.

I get it. It would be awesome for Blizzard if we all would happily spend hours and hours slowly re-doing content that is already made while paying for the privilege. And some players will do that.

But I think a lot more players will not find the reward of a new character racial appearance sufficiently rewarding to grind through slow leveling over and over. So they will play through the new expac and maybe level one race or even two, then unsub out of boredom.
02/15/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Kermin
instead of a fast boring grind. Boost the heirlooms so that players can speed level as was possible before the patch. New scaled leveling is fine for those that want to take the slow road but for those of us who have seem all this garbage before it not fun. just a waste of time.

Then don’t do it because all the QQ’ing in the world is not going to change it back.

I have leveled both my allied races to 110 and it was not that bad but was waaaaay more engaging.
I enjoyed levelling this guy. The looms helped, I guess.
Meh. It's slower but what's the rush is the way I approach it. I'm on my way to unlocking all 4 of the new Allied race mog sets and that's the only reason I'm doing it. I already have at least one of each Class at cap.

For 20 to 60 Vanilla is improved since I can pick 2 or 3 zones and get to 60 in a different way with each toon.
For 60 to 80 the TBC zones suck. Weird mob density and too much travel for the most part but Wrath was ez pz. The leveling tricks post 72 make that range more palatable as well but it's the worst section IMO.
80 and up you're home free. 80 to 90 can be done with one zone in MoP (Valley for me) and WoD has Treasures and Bonus areas.

I'd say pick a Class that has a Tank spec to swap to as needed. Also pick a Class that has a Heal on Kill mechanic like Windwalker or Arms. Monk is by far the fastest because of the Daily XP Buff which also nets you decent XP every day for doing the quest.
rotation= smite smite smite smite smite smite smite....dead...better heal up.
04/03/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Sondirus

No it doesn't stop lying. FFXIV Wildstar Secret World SWTOR Tera ESO hell BDO are all faster.

I've played all of those and you're wrong. WoW is by far the fastest leveling MMO and that's even after the patch.

swtor is a LOT faster. Not even close. I have 54 max level toons there and it is a lot faster.
04/03/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Maalpractice
<span class="truncated">...</span>

swtor is a LOT faster. Not even close. I have 54 max level toons there and it is a lot faster.

I can vouch for this leveling in SWTOR is faster at this point. By a lot. SWTOR is the other MMO I frequent off and on.

I played FFXIV briefly and it is faster in the younger levels but once you get up to about 30 it slows down quite a bit. Or at least that was my perception. I haven't played this game though in like a year though cause the story was so dull and poorly delivered that i couldn't do it anymore.. BUT I do have a roommate that frequents that game every time an expansion drops and she says leveling is a lot easier then it use to be.

Nah, you can level in XIV faster than 7.3.5 WoW.

You're doing it wrong, I bet you're just doing leves or the hunt log lol.
I'm kind of on the fence on this subject. On one hand, I did enjoy the slower pace because I experienced the stories that I've been missing from the 1-60 old world levels (And there's a TON to experience). But once you get past that (Outland and beyond) that's where my enjoyment turns to a grind because I've already seen and experienced those stories over and over.

Just my personal experience.
04/03/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Maalpractice

That's because they did what WoW. Made much of it so pathetically easy that it barely feels like it's a game.
Trying the "new" leveling for the first time.

Pretty damn slow. I was excited for level scaling, but not the slowed leveling, was slowed leveling ever advertised?
I recently started leveling a voidelf monk for the race armor (who doesn't want a cool chest with wings). I have full heirlooms. My preferred method of leveling is dungeons. It is an absolute slog now and wouldn't have completed it not for the monk bonus exp daily buff.

I feel they need to put in heirloom gloves, boots, belts, and bracers at 5% exp increase to help. Nothing more annoying then having level 20 items at level 50 because you can't get jack poop to drop from dungeons for you.
Its too slow....please buff the heirloom XP
You can't heal dungeons in heirlooms anymore. It's just junk now. That's one of the main problems.