How to get out of the 1700 bracket

Arenas
I've been capped in the 16-17-18 bracket forever, it's fine because I know I'm not such a tryhard or great player but I am amazed though that I always lose as I start hitting 1900s like I might be a choke artist
A lot of players who seem to get stuck in 1650-1750s usually just tunnel damage.

You have to work on cc and performing actual strategies. For DK a good practice would be using Grip when you and your team mate both have burst ready then swap off your target to a new one and blow them up.
1900 does seem to be kind of scary for most people just getting in. the dreaded 2k gate keepers
Play with a destro and hpal. Pop pilar when the enemy healer is in cc and ibf when your hpal is out of !@#$.
Just kinda accepted it at this point, but it does lend me the credibility of someone who has no idea what they're talking about. I guess it's cool :c
02/20/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Sanssucre
1900 does seem to be kind of scary for most people just getting in. the dreaded 2k gate keepers

I've been 2k as a healer in 2s in wod and about to 1950 on my warrior in 3s during mop but I just started playing arena again last night with my irl friend and it's funny how I'm still just at that wall
assassination/arcane/disc is a good way to get 2.4-2.6 can play the comp completely wrong mess everything up get every kick juked but still win in the end. 10/10 recommend
I think that wall is where people have to start pealing for their healers when they're low.

Just keep in mind though, that wall shrinks further and further the longer the season goes on and the higher rating gets inflated... so just keep at it and you'll be likely to get it. Also make sure you're running a solid comp.
Play fdk prot pally disc instant glad
Consistent partners and start paying attention and analyzing smaller stuff such as positioning.

Most melee teams at that rating usually lose to simply over-extending from their healers and getting them in trouble.
02/20/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Ghoullum
I've been capped in the 16-17-18 bracket forever, it's fine because I know I'm not such a tryhard or great player but I am amazed though that I always lose as I start hitting 1900s like I might be a choke artist

With a mog like that I’m shocked you broke 1500.
02/20/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Amaret

I literally couldn't agree more.I already knew he was stuck when I entered this thread link because of that mog.That mog yells out, ill be stuck at 1500 forever!
02/20/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Amaret

My cloth mog reks yours 2ez

op's mage btw
02/20/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Pertispilot
assassination/arcane/disc is a good way to get 2.4-2.6 can play the comp completely wrong mess everything up get every kick juked but still win in the end. 10/10 recommend

its the same exact thing as ww arcane tho even tho i dont play rmp
I’ve recently worked my way up to 1850 in 2s from LFG with no voice, and it gets a lot harder around 1900mmr. To me when I played those guys what was different is they looked completely coordinated and well timed with everything they did.

I’d say a consistent team that knows each other’s play style and get on voice. I can’t get past 1850 without that I don’t think.
the last 100 pts to 2k is brutal in lfg, persistence is key and adding btags of good people from lfg
dont focus on others mistakes (especially if you are using LFG for 1 or even 2 partners) only focus on your own. keep this mindset and you will not only have more fun due to not being toxic, but you will improve much faster as well. You are the only variable in the equation you can change. gl
02/20/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Derrickhenry
I’ve recently worked my way up to 1850 in 2s from LFG with no voice, and it gets a lot harder around 1900mmr. To me when I played those guys what was different is they looked completely coordinated and well timed with everything they did.

I’d say a consistent team that knows each other’s play style and get on voice. I can’t get past 1850 without that I don’t think.

Way to go man! Just need about 10 wins & it's not impossible without voice.

Great observation too, yea, players get more coordinated past a certain mmr, but it's not voice per se, especially when talking 2s, some of them are on voice while some aren't, most of the coordination you see is the synergy that comes with loads of playing together, as you said: being comfortable each others playstyles.

But like thiell said, work with the variable you can affect & just focus on making your chosen class fit like a glove, all the important spells are bound & within easy reach & playing feels like second nature, going on offence, going on defence, kiting/running away, everything becomes muscle memory :)
I'm in the same boat. I started playing WoW for the first time in season 2 of legion and hit 2k same season on mistweaver for 2s (dont play 3s much).

Haven't been able to get to 2k again since, always sit/bounce between 1750-1900. Played on multiple healers (mostly rsham and hpal) and seem to plateau at the same rating on each. Always with warrior as dps.
What worked for me and my friends;

1) Play constantly
2) Always look for how to improve (Addons/strategies/rotation/cc opportunities)
3) Run Focus Interrupt Macro or Arena 1,2,3 (and macros for abilities like sac)
4) Research your best comps and play that (Understand win conditions)
5) Try different classes/specs to see what you are best at
6) Situational Awareness and positioning
7) Communication on comms
8) Stay positive and balance it with doing activities outside of the game like exercise/gym which in turn will boost your reaction/mindset
9) Never think your goal in unreachable. Never give up!

Frankly there isn't that big of a difference between 1800 and 2k or even really 2.2k. Its the above 2.2k bracket this expac where consistency in play/partners becomes the largest factor.