Significant other sucks at WoW?

General Discussion
Hey guys so I just got out of a mythic+ that featured a healer/dps couple. The healer was solid but the dps was doing abysmal damage. Like, we are talking about 72k on last boss of Upper Kara at 894 ilvl. I have been in guilds in the past featuring couples that raided and most of the time in my experience they are both solid. Occasionally I run into couples where one is obviously a much worse player and ends up dragging groups down.

My question is, if you have a significant other that plays, and they are objectively garbage, do you continue to burden the group with them? Personally if my gf played with me and she sucked I just wouldnt bring her into situations where I know we would fail with her there...but thats just me.

TLDR: If your significant other is hot garbage at WoW, do you bring them into groups doing high end content and burden groups with them?
72k dps sounds like something was wrong there, thats like auto attack damage.
What level mythic+ was this? I doubt you were doing anything cutting edge with an 894.
You should just be happy that your significant other plays with you. If you want to be honest with her, teach her rotations, and just see what she does.

My ex and I used to do transmog runs, but she was never one to like playing her max level characters. She would just level up toons over and over.
yes. and I help them get better. because telling someone they suck or that they're garbage or bringing a group down is really not a good thing to do. especially if i want them to continue to play with me.

letting them know there are area's they can improve in and helping them do that shows you care and want to spend time with them. It also shows that you're willing to help them get better at the game so they can do well.

perhaps i'm odd but I'd never tell someone they suck even if they weren't my SO I would try to help them get better. be it, giving them websites to go to, pointing them to someone who has knowledge of the class in our guild or a friend who knows.

many many options instead of saying "sorry you suck and are garbage and will hold the group back if you come" just isn't an option for me.

if it comes to a point they aren't progressing then being nice and communicating is always better than not saying anything at all. mind you being NICE in that communication is key.
02/28/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Ippons
Hey guys so I just got out of a mythic+ that featured a healer/dps couple. The healer was solid but the dps was doing abysmal damage. Like, we are talking about 72k on last boss of Upper Kara at 894 ilvl. I have been in guilds in the past featuring couples that raided and most of the time in my experience they are both solid. Occasionally I run into couples where one is obviously a much worse player and ends up dragging groups down.

My question is, if you have a significant other that plays, and they are objectively garbage, do you continue to burden the group with them? Personally if my gf played with me and she sucked I just wouldnt bring her into situations where I know we would fail with her there...but thats just me.

TLDR: If your significant other is hot garbage at WoW, do you bring them into groups doing high end content and burden groups with them?

Exaggerating a bit / If mine were still alive,yes, I would if they wanted to come.
It is after all just a game.
I'm thinking maybe not a couple "couple" but maybe they were multi boxing?

I was in a random LFD for essences a couple of days ago.

Tank was in arms spec and had top dps,and aff warlock and the healer was a pally. Its was a multi box trio and the arms guy was the lead as they other 2 similar names were pretty much up his behind from same server and same guild.

The warlock had almost no dps and had double HP then I had. So obviously he drags these guys along to gear then up but he can't control them at all. What made me laugh and out loud was they all died instantly on last boss, dungeon was Violet hold btw.