How much has server changed?

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
02/26/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Helladin
I'm actually arguing about your elitist nerd persona. I guarantee you do not carry any of the confidence you pretend to around here in your daily life.

<Get Good> is a completely rp friendly name, if you don't think a collective of horde warriors is capable of coming up with that name in character than you want to live in your own personal reality.

;^)
02/22/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Zigra
Ramgnome has changed since this thread started.

Zigra,
it's the only constant.

I am like chameleon. I change depend on mood or after drowning as a gnome in a puddle in a dht 14.
I'm actually arguing about your elitist nerd persona. I guarantee you do not carry any of the confidence you pretend to around here in your daily life.
You act like the kind of person who'd tell your customers at the coffee shop your arena rating.
Oh hey, its a Xeer. o/

*gets the butter*
Honestly? I feel as though the server hasn't changed for the better, and is actually declining heavily.

On a side note, it isn't that pure PvPer's need to leave the realm, we cannot avoid that as a community. It's every where, but the issue is on ED they do not stick to themselves a good majority of them. I myself am an RPer and a heavy PvPer, I can see both sides of the spectrum.

If you want to PvP and not RP, fine, just respect RP, no need to grief that side of things, I was talking about this last night with Xoxo, but every RP server, regardless of the PvP side of that needs to have RP be mandatory, a way to enforce it heavily.

For now having said pure PvPers be respectful is the best we can get.

The RP community here, and the hostility toward those PvPers is a good reason its as bad as it is, bring down the elitist wall, make RP more noob-friendly here, walk up more common and we as a community can reach out more to ensure this happens. The elitist RPers need to knock it off just as much as the PvPers, you can't just solely blame the PvPers for this, everyone has caused this problem here. You make RP feel more gated, you act more hostile towards the PvPers, they lash out more.

Just my two cents.
02/26/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Nah

good luck
02/26/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Hargus
good luck

And there's the reason why its as bad as it is, that exact response there.

Sigh.

Being at each others throats only causes more of an isssssueeee
02/26/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Nah
02/26/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Hargus
good luck

Sigh.

Oh my sweet summer child.

You will be just as jaded one day dont worry.

Also I am not elitist and !@#$ on people that try. I just have a great bull%^-* detector.
Ah I see Xeer is still here. Question answered :)

02/26/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Hargus
Also I am not elitist and !@#$ on people that try. I just have a great bull%^-* detector.

Truth
02/26/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Nah

Sigh.

I'm an !@#, but i'm an aware $%^.

You don't have to act condescending and pretend you're not elitist in the same sentence, especially when you act as much like an !@# as Helladin over here..

Phen nailed it.
02/26/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Laoghaire

You don't have to act condescending and pretend you're not elitist in the same sentence, especially when you act as much like an !@# as Helladin over here..

Phen nailed it.

Nah. I am really not an elitist no matter how much you say it. I provide feedback and info on lore when people need help. I can always tell when the RP is a shaky disguise to prevent !@#$ talking.
02/26/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Hargus
I can always tell when the RP is a shaky disguise to prevent !@#$ talking.

I don't understand this thought process.

Explain?
02/26/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Hargus
Nah. I am really not an elitist no matter how much you say it. I provide feedback and info on lore when people need help. I can always tell when the RP is a shaky disguise to prevent !@#$ talking.

Whether you're an elitist or not isn't really relevant, but your response obviously tells that you think the problem falls solely on one part of the community and they have to fix themselves.

In other words... you're part of the problem, elitist or not
There’s no such thing as “respecting” RP, either you do it or you don’t.
02/26/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Magekur

On the contrary, there are plenty of people who don't actively participate in RP, but respect your right to do so and don't interfere when it's taking place.

Others have no such respect, and go out of their way to troll, grief, or crash rp events for lols.

I'm not diving into the rpers vs non-rpers crap, but there absolutely is a difference between "respecting" RP, as you put it, and not.
just respect RP,

02/26/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Laoghaire
Whether you're an elitist or not isn't really relevant, but your response obviously tells that you think the problem falls solely on one part of the community and they have to fix themselves.

My point exactly, I came here long before the majority of Get Good came to ED. I showed respect to RPers in wod and you guys welcomed me with open arms. Get Good wants to respect rpers and bring back world defense. I'll rp lightly to humor you, but I have a girl that I live with and there's no way she's seeing me actually get that into it.

However, If I ever jump on an alliance guild and they say I interrupted their rp because I'm attacking an enemy, you will see a side of Get Good that hasn't been seen since Tol Barad in 2013.

02/26/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Magekur

What would I have to do to see you in red?
I came here long before the majority of Get Good came to ED.

So, like, a year ago? Aren’t you the old timer.

As a professional that leads projects and regularly presents in front of large groups of people, you’ll excuse me if I chuckle over your “guarantee”.

Look, I very rarely talk about IRL because I think we should all be treated as equals here who should be judged solely on how they interact with the community and what they do for the community. Let’s not try to denigrate people based on poorly thought out generalizations, mmmkay?

Don’t mind being called a nerd. We are, after all, video game enthusiasts. Elitist? Nah, just trying to protect the community from being watered down.

<Get Good> is a completely rp friendly name, if you don't think a collective of horde warriors is capable of coming up with that name in character than you want to live in your own personal reality.

When you have to make a stretch to justify “gamer speak” as an appropriate RP name, then you’ve already lost the discussion. It’s as lame as SWBRB trying to justify their nonsense name as having an RP backstory. They were rightfully ridiculed.

I don’t think that makes us elitist. You’re not even trying to fit in.

Fitting in is really easy. You don’t have to RP IC. Having RP friendly character names and guild names is the simple barrier, which unfortunately, the PvP Bros seem to trip over.
Honestly? I feel as though the server hasn't changed for the better, and is actually declining heavily.

On a side note, it isn't that pure PvPer's need to leave the realm, we cannot avoid that as a community. It's every where, but the issue is on ED they do not stick to themselves a good majority of them. I myself am an RPer and a heavy PvPer, I can see both sides of the spectrum.

If you want to PvP and not RP, fine, just respect RP, no need to grief that side of things, I was talking about this last night with Xoxo, but every RP server, regardless of the PvP side of that needs to have RP be mandatory, a way to enforce it heavily.

The RP community here, and the hostility toward those PvPers is a good reason its as bad as it is, bring down the elitist wall, make RP more noob-friendly here, walk up more common and we as a community can reach out more to ensure this happens. The elitist RPers need to knock it off just as much as the PvPers, you can't just solely blame the PvPers for this, everyone has caused this problem here. You make RP feel more gated, you act more hostile towards the PvPers, they lash out more.

Just my two cents.

Frankly, with the collapse of the PvP ruleset, RPers should probably just migrate to WrA or MG and finally get away from the PvP-only players. Or the latter can go to Tich or something.

There really should be no appeasement when one side comes here to not partake in the intended ruleset.