Allied Race Change Price Should be Reduced

General Discussion
Hi everybody! I hope you are all having a fantastic time, wherever and whenever you are.

I have one suggestion that I believe is reasonable and I'm slightly surprised wasn't part of the initial package that was Allied Races.

Pre-existing characters should have a discount applied to a race change as it feels to me that I went out to grind out all that rep, paid the $50 expansion fee for the right to use the races and then is asked for another $25 per character that I wish to change.

Essentially, I feel like I put the effort and money forward to where I shouldn't be asked to pay the full race change price. Is a reduction of price specified for pre-existing characters to which a one-time reasonable race change discount can be applied possible? Am I being unreasonable?

Thank you all for taking the time to read this! Have a good one.
They "don't want" you to race change because if you make a new character and spend a couple years grinding them to max level you get heritage armour.
Basically because you are paying to skip having to level up that race from level 20, so you pay for that convenience, while starting a new allied character at level 20, and leveling to max has no additional cost, and you get the bonus armor look for not using level boosters.
You're being unreasonable.

You did all the work to get your allied race....and now you want a discount on something else thats totally seperate from all that.

Just pay the 25 bucks if you want a race change that badly.
The entire purpose of creating additional allied races instead of just giving existing races more customization was to increase sales for race changes. Blizzards biggest reason for allied races was for more profit, which, for a business, makes sense.

But they weren't heartless. You can get cool heritage armour for leveling up, and you do not have to pay extra to lvl another character. I think that's more than we need really.

And heres the coolest part. The pre-purchased expansion comes with a lvl 110 character boost which is usable on the new allied races. So just boost the one you like the most, and lvl the others.
02/24/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Kozzae
Basically because you are paying to skip having to level up that race from level 20, so you pay for that convenience, while starting a new allied character at level 20, and leveling to max has no additional cost, and you get the bonus armor look for not using level boosters.

Sir, I appreciate your reply. But I feel I miscommunicated my point. My aim isn't to skip anything and I do not think a race change does that. In my case, it is purely cosmetic. I went through a hefty grind to then pay $75 to play the race I want.
I have no interest in the armor. I'm sure there are restrictions to race changed characters that prevent the attainment of the armor in the first place, yes?
02/24/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Creedster
You're being unreasonable.

You did all the work to get your allied race....and now you want a discount on something else thats totally seperate from all that.

Just pay the 25 bucks if you want a race change that badly.

Could I get you to elaborate your point please?
not gonna happen. allied races aren't special. it's no different than changing races on any other race.

pay up if you want it.
02/24/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Kervv
The entire purpose of creating additional allied races instead of just giving existing races more customization was to increase sales for race changes. Blizzards biggest reason for allied races was for more profit, which, for a business, makes sense.

But they weren't heartless. You can get cool heritage armour for leveling up, and you do not have to pay extra to lvl another character. I think that's more than we need really.

And heres the coolest part. The pre-purchased expansion comes with a lvl 110 character boost which is usable on the new allied races. So just boost the one you like the most, and lvl the others.

While I do appreciate that you see the business end of this, I'm arguing the reasonability of the charge. I feel like its essentially being asked to pay $50 for the right to pay another $25.
02/24/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Memechix
not gonna happen. allied races aren't special. it's no different than changing races on any other race.

pay up if you want it.

I'm arguing that I feel like its essentially being asked to pay $50 for the right to pay another $25.
02/24/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Peezy
I feel like its essentially being asked to pay $50 for the right to pay another $25.
what? the $50 is for buying the expansion. you get the expansion for it. allied races are a pre-order bonus.

your logic is completely warped on this.
02/24/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Peezy
I'm arguing that I feel like its essentially being asked to pay $50 for the right to pay another $25.
again, that doesn't make any sense.

if you couldn't play the allied races without paying for a race change, only then that would apply. but you can roll new ones and they start at 20.
02/24/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Memechix
02/24/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Peezy
I feel like its essentially being asked to pay $50 for the right to pay another $25.
what? the $50 is for buying the expansion. you get the expansion for it. allied races are a pre-order bonus.

your logic is completely warped on this.

Allied Races are part of the expansion, yes? I'm unsure why you think my logic is warped. But that is fine.
02/24/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Magdermor
They "don't want" you to race change because if you make a new character and spend a couple years grinding them to max level you get heritage armour.

ok well i will never do that. nor will i pay $25. i will just turn the game off. whereas if allied races were the actual sub races we asked for, which means customization options for existing races, i would have fun changing my appearance and customizing with other transmogs.

now i simply won't bother. when they set things up as blatant cash or /played grabs i just refuse to participate.
02/24/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Peezy
Allied Races are part of the expansion, yes?
the four you have access to are pre-order bonuses, you didn't pay extra for them.

zandalari trolls and dark iron dwarves are the strictly expansion ones.
02/24/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Memechix
02/24/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Peezy
Allied Races are part of the expansion, yes?
the four you have access to are pre-order bonuses, you didn't pay extra for them.

zandalari trolls and dark iron dwarves are the strictly expansion ones.

All six are part of the expansion with more coming in the future. They are not bonuses, they are part of the payment.

It is a feature toted on BfA's own website.

The four available are essentially early access. just like the Demon Hunter when it was released.
02/24/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Peezy
All six are part of the expansion with more coming in the future. They are not bonuses, they are part of the payment.
if they're part of the payment then the expansion should cost less once it's released, right? wrong.

the expansion cost will remain $50.

and regardless of all that, i don't see how this correlates to reduces rates for race changes.
02/24/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Memechix
02/24/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Peezy
if they're part of the payment then the expansion should cost less once it's released, right? wrong.

I never said that.

the expansion cost will remain $50.

Yes. Yes it would.

and regardless of all that, i don't see how this correlates to reduces rates for race changes.

It is clear you don't see my point. That is fine. Thank you for your time.
I'd say it should be reduced if the race is, let's say, a Draenei character race-changing into a LF Draenei. It's literally just a re-customization service inflated because Blizzard decided to call it "another race".

But if we're talking about a Dwarf race-changing into a LF Draenei, then it makes sense since it's an actual different race.
02/24/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Osiria
I'd say it should be reduced if the race is, let's say, a Draenei character race-changing into a LF Draenei. It's literally just a re-customization service inflated because Blizzard decided to call it "another race".

But if we're talking about a Dwarf race-changing into a LF Draenei, then it makes sense since it's an actual different race.

thats why it shouldnt be a separate race, it should be customization on existing ones