Two month Anniversary

General Discussion
Since my last post showing in history, and there are others that have waited longer.

How is it that no one has been able to fix this by now?

Not that it matters much, as my sub expires in 9 days, but still...
03/02/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Altargirl
Since my last post showing in history, and there are others that have waited longer.

Did, did you just try to indicate that post history would be the reason you’re leaving the game?

I respect your choice to leave. And you should if you desire so.

Best of luck on the outside.
CONSPIRACY
Blizz's is manipulating the history man!

We can't track all our posts "discussing" BFA, Level Scaling, Allied Races, High Elves (are there any clean and sober elves? no), and vulperas

Censorship in its most insidious form

CONSPIRACY
Because browser bookmarks have never been a thing...
03/02/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Tinkerizmo
CONSPIRACY

We can't track all our posts "discussing" BFA, Level Scaling, Allied Races, High Elves (are there any clean and sober elves? no), and vulperas

CONSPIRACY

Haha I want to hang out with your Gnome in game.
No conspiracy, Overwatch just got a huge forum update. I imagine they will be replacing ours soon enough.
03/02/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Menard
Did, did you just try to indicate that post history would be the reason you’re leaving the game?

We all have our own reasons for what we do. I'm not quitting yet, I'm going to give Battle a chance. But the disdain shown towards the customers and the lack of communication and other short-fallings (like all the undocumented changes) of the Blizzard staff in general will be part of my reason for going.

If they don't care (and it shows...), I don't care to give them my money.
03/02/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Altargirl

I respect your choice to leave. And you should if you desire so.

Best of luck on the outside.

Lol, no I'm not leaving because of post history.

03/02/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Cihys

We all have our own reasons for what we do. I'm not quitting yet, I'm going to give Battle a chance. But the disdain shown towards the customers and the lack of communication and other short-fallings (like all the undocumented changes) of the Blizzard staff in general will be part of my reason for going.

If they don't care (and it shows...), I don't care to give them my money.

This right here. Post history is just another X, in a long list of Xs against Blizzard for showing that they really don't give a damn about their customers.

I'll probably be back, depending on what new - or old - direction they decide to go in. Maybe I'll get bored and resub, who knows, but right now I'm taking a break from giving Blizz my money.
Just clear the post history yearly so it doesn't kill your system. Clear it all and let it start from scratch and it should work normally again. Having the page divide out every post like that and remember them in 2-3 places for years is probably causing it to fail.
My take is one of two possibilities:

1) Everything was secondary to the Overwatch redesign. Now that it's out, it's a matter of fixing and refining it all which still supersedes everything else. Once that calms down, then on to the back log of other issues, of which, who knows where Wow's post history is prioritized.

2) Because the posts of the old format won't be imported into the new format, they aren't going to bother fixing any issues with the history and just go straight to the new format.

Either way, hey! As long as the blues get to have intact post histories (they do), that's good enough for the rest of us!
03/02/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Melaroi
No conspiracy, Overwatch just got a huge forum update. I imagine they will be replacing ours soon enough.

They also got a new skin from the Starcraft anniversary, while we get an achievement that doesn't even reward points.

Curiously enough, post history for blue posters still works just fine.
03/02/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Arluelle
Because browser bookmarks have never been a thing...

Ok, so I make a post while on my lunch break at work. I go home onto my own computer and can't find the discussions I took part in because my bookmarks are on a different computer. I have even gone as far as writing a note on my phone with the exact name of the topic, and it doesn't show up when I search it on a different computer, but is still there when I go back to the computer I marked it on.

In your infinite wisdom how do I get around this oh mighty one?

Do you have any other helpful ideas to add?
03/05/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Altargirl
Ok, so I make a post while on my lunch break at work. I go home onto my own computer and can't find the discussions I took part in because my bookmarks are on a different computer. I have even gone as far as writing a note on my phone with the exact name of the topic, and it doesn't show up when I search it on a different computer, but is still there when I go back to the computer I marked it on.

Some people have been using google search to make this kind of search. Best suggestion I can give at the moment.
03/05/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Crepe
03/05/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Altargirl

Some people have been using google search to make this kind of search. Best suggestion I can give at the moment.

Google search is missing most of my more recent posts, but it is better than nothing.
03/05/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Levíathan
Either way, hey! As long as the blues get to have intact post histories (they do), that's good enough for the rest of us!

Ill assume thats sarcasm and like the post.
03/02/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Tinkerizmo
CONSPIRACY

CONSPIRACY

Dude want to get together and talk about the moon landing?
03/06/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Dæmonjesùs
Ill assume thats sarcasm and like the post.
110% pure frustrated, annoyed and disappointed sarcasm.