BFA Alpha Megathread (2)

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
03/28/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Kridon
Why do we have to entertain anything? Why do we all get so upset about bits and pieces of the information and not the whole story? What if it's a splinter group, or a counterattack for something the Alliance has done(given that's a stretch with the actions of this group), but regardless I just don't understand how people like Cailias are already considering on avoiding BfA because of spoilers and leaks without even experiencing it and making a decision on their own. All I know is, all I saw posted were screen caps with no text which leads to any kind of interpretation. I'm not gonna sit here and say MoP was the best expansion, and I didn't even finish WoD, but they seem to be continuing to turn the page with Legion and BfA should only further that if we're lucky.

Just wait and see what happens you've been around this long and the themes you're complaining about have been present since day one. -shrug- everybody is out here assuming and you know what they say about that.

I think you missed the part where Sylvanas literally says to kill everyone so she can resurrect them all.

All will serve her in the end.

https://i.gyazo.com/d1987a3d960d3279beacf76c2684cc2e.png

I didn't take that screenshot, mind you, but red-shirt guy who's pretty on top of this stuff all but confirmed that this current datamined stuff is accurate.

edit;;

I guess the point we've reached now is that we can all cross our fingers and hope they take this stuff back into the workshop instead of going forward with this.
03/28/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Kridon

Just wait and see what happens you've been around this long and the themes you're complaining about have been present since day one. -shrug- everybody is out here assuming and you know what they say about that.

"Wait and see" is what got us to this. Horde soldiers wearing Horde tabards acting on the Warchief's orders (ie: not a splinter group) behaving like villains beyond parody.

Is it possible it's in retaliation to an Alliance action? Maybe. Is it likely that it's proportionate? Considering who's in charge of the Alliance at this point, not even a little.

Alpha is exactly the moment at which protest, criticism and complaints should be lodged. This is where things actually stand a chance of getting changed. "Wait and see" means, in this case, what it has always meant: be silent until it's too late to change things.

Beyond being impractical, the nature of the "wait and see" demand is also disingenuous, used mainly to suppress discussion and demand silence. It is perfectly reasonable for players to comment on what is presented, especially when the evidence is as overwhelming as it is here.

In the end, "wait and see" does nothing but satisfy a few people at the expense of voicing concerns for a greater story.
First of all I'm not demanding anything. Nor am I trying to stifle discussion, I'm merely stating that there's no need to get your blood sugar up over pieces of a quest line in this game. There are lots of opportunity to discuss things this is the 2nd mega thread after all, but getting visibly upset probably should be a red flag to step back for a minute or perhaps wait to evaluate the whole story rather than just a chapter.

Thanks for that Wolf, I guess I did miss that, but if that's the case there's only one way to make more Forsaken and if you're actively at war then who are you probably going to do it to?

Also Enekie, I'm not sure what you're being so dramatic about either, what situation are we in exactly? You can't change the story, Alpha and Beta are about gameplay/testing and nothing else, if you choose to believe otherwise than you're naive. Golden wasn't hired for us to complain on the forums and make things the way we want them. We are playing Blizz's game. Some of us since the 90's. The themes have always been this way as have the factions. Nothing is really changing here besides the story progressing and different and new faces at the forefront which we get to interact with.

Most of you all wish for an end to the faction conflict, which ironically was a huge proponent for this game being created in the first place, and in the world of WARcraft the only way to get to that point isn't going to be an easy, hand-holding, skipping-through-the-meadow good time so again I ask, not demand, that we maybe wait on this ONE instance and find out the whole story.
03/28/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Kridon

Most of you all wish for an end to the faction conflict, which ironically was a huge proponent for this game being created in the first place, and in the world of WARcraft the only way to get to that point isn't going to be an easy, hand-holding, skipping-through-the-meadow good time so again I ask, not demand, that we maybe wait on this ONE instance and find out the whole story.

It's not an instance being criticized, but a system of precedence in which both factions are routinely shoved into unsatisfying roles for purposes of pushing an unsatisfying story forward. Whether people are silent on this instance or another instance, the pattern remains and should be criticized.

Given that your position is that it cannot be changed or altered in any way, one cannot help but question why you feel a need to weigh in and ask people to be silent. There is nothing wrong with criticizing what's presented, whether it results in change or not. And if it's all the same to you, why bother asking for people to stop talking about it?
03/27/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Kazimir
HEY Y'ALL SO ABOUT THE HORDE UUHHH EMBRACING THEIR SUPER-VILLAINY

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZVo8-2WkAEhmn9.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZVpPs3W4AAVrKf.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/status/978812029241839616

https://i.gyazo.com/d1987a3d960d3279beacf76c2684cc2e.png

Hmmm...

03/27/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Kazimir
Stalairne posted some images in a Story Forum thread and hopefully he doesn't mind if I link them here too because... y'all

https://imgur.com/IkswaQ8

https://imgur.com/mdKUWVM

The Horde also apparently blows up a house full of children

I no longer feel sorry for the Horde prisoners in the Kul Tiras dungeons

*eyetwitch*

Damn it Blizzard, is it too much to ask to have more quests like the Quillboar interrogation where I can *choose* whether I want to be a !@#$-gobbling piece of Kodo turd or not? Like ...please?

I want to enjoy the Horde, I really do. But seriously? Come on... The freaking Sin'dorei should be having severe Invasion of Quel'thalas flashbacks right now. Got to love all those Orcs conveniently deciding to be child-killers all over again for ...some shinies and the smile of their undead Queen/Warchief? What about the Tauren? The Goblins like their gold so I guess they make sense at least...

Just ...really?

*Sigh*

I don't know if I'm going to enjoy the Horde experience NEARLY as much as the Alliance experience. In it's current state, this just feels like as a Horde player I'm forced to be a really evil bastard. I don't have any interest in that. I hope not all the zones are like this, because on pretty much all my Horde's I'm going to avoid whatever zone this is in if it stays exactly like that.

Seriously just ...give us the choice. Hell, maybe I can finally start executing war-criminals instead of sitting back as the 'hero' of Azeroth watching it all turn foul.
03/28/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Kridon
but if that's the case there's only one way to make more Forsaken and if you're actively at war then who are you probably going to do it to?

Children, apparently.
There's a small shred of hope I have that Sylvanas will be outraged at the death of children.

Yeah it's doubtful but I'm hopeful that it'll be a moment to make her pause and reflect on the atrocities of war.
03/27/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Kazimir
Stalairne posted some images in a Story Forum thread and hopefully he doesn't mind if I link them here too because... y'all

https://imgur.com/IkswaQ8

https://imgur.com/mdKUWVM

The Horde also apparently blows up a house full of children

I no longer feel sorry for the Horde prisoners in the Kul Tiras dungeons

Inb4 Old Gods!
You guys said no one could defend the Horde blowing up children and someone took it as a challenge.

Surprise.
I noticed on the alpha that all races can change skin tone at the barber now. No more $15 tanning sessions!
brennadam is as bad as it looks

sorry hordies :( you guys deserve better
03/28/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Baenura
You guys said no one could defend the Horde blowing up children and someone took it as a challenge.

Surprise.

I mean, it could still be worse.

We could be in General Discussion, being accused of "child worship".
03/28/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Baenura

Surprise.

03/28/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Conjurus
I mean, it could still be worse.

We could be in General Discussion, being accused of "child worship".

What exactly are these referring to here? I don't venture out of the WrA forums so I feel like I'm missing something.
03/28/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Cryptstalker
What exactly are these referring to here? I don't venture out of the WrA forums so I feel like I'm missing something.

Baenura's just describing what happened over the last page.

My thing just came from a thread about Uuna, where someone responded that people who object to dead children stories are guilty of child worship.
i do think its a hell of a thing for blood elves to get a 'glowing with the light's radiance' facial option whilst their brothers in arms massacre a town to scourge it :V
Well, we're just now starting to really explore the idea that the Light might not be all that great anyway.
The light is really more about drinking magical yellow water and sucking up to windchimes than it is about righteousness or being kind
03/28/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Humphrey
drinking magical yellow water

The pee pee tape is real.
Looks like we're fully the baddies, now that all the other leaders support Sylvanas. Make sure to use http://www.wowhead.com/item=38518/cros-apple for your baby-stomping emotes.
Why does Blizzard have so much contempt for themselves, for Metzen, and for us? Like, do they have secret meetings where they defecate over copies of Warcraft III while writing stories where the Horde puts human senior citizens into trebuchets?