Seven Days!

Wyrmrest Accord
So I've got 7 days of free game time. I've seen other people at 6m hp, whereas I only have 3. People are two-shotting me in Stormwind! What has been new with the game? What should I do with my time? Are there any ways to farm a lot of gold mindlessly while listening to podcasts? Have people been buying the armor off of the BMAH?

OH MY GOSH I might try to get 1,800 in RBGs this week to get the R14 transmog. OH MY GOSH I NEED TO TRY THIS! I heard that everyone was holy for RBGs now, is that true? It sounds like a huge pain to respec my artifact and learn how to play holy, but I would do it for flaming shoulderpads! Which is strange, because in real life I don't think I would do very much for flaming shoulderpads at all. They would burn my hair.

How have you all been? Have the Void Elves been finding Stormwind to be as hospitable as I have? What about the Nightborne? I was thinking of making a void elf that lived in Silvermoon, but leveling is kind of a nightmare these days I hear.

Golly, I'd also adore a forsaken mage that can speak Thallassian. That sounds like so much fun. It is so very sad that world pvp is in absolute shambles, has there been any word on how much worse it will get for BfA?

Have you accomplished all of your hopes and dreams yet? I hope so! I'm (excruciatingly slowly) studying for the LSAT to try and turn my life around even though I'm not terribly great at this and am probably way too old to go back to school to turn my life around :D

I've mostly been occasionally RPing in FFXIV lately, I'll probably resub again for Children's Week because I want to help a good good friend get those achievements.

Oh yea, I saw a person with a draenei kid battle pet! Goodness, you'd think that OSHA would invade Azeroth just like the iron horde did in that one expansion that we never ever ever ever talk about.

p.s. I talk to Prier, Farlez, and Slithals often, I'm certain that they'd want me to say hi to you all, and I know that they all wish you well! <3
Good to see you're still alive fellow remnant of lightninghoof.
I CAME BACK.

Like, four months ago.

But also, it's very important that I say hi.

To you and especially to Prier and the lickrogue and everyone.
02/21/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Zunde
Good to see you're still alive fellow remnant of lightninghoof.

THE HOOF IS FULL!

02/21/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Anyaka
To you and especially to Prier and the lickrogue and everyone.

<3<3! Does Thane still play? What about Cokers? I really have this need to make an RP character or something. Can Nightborne speak night elf language, the same way that velves and belfs can?
Thane's around off and on. Haven't seen Cokah since before I left.

...And tragically, no, which is dumb. Pandaren, demon hunters, and void/blood elves are the ones who can understand each other.
Darn! Thanks though.

Oh yea, does anyone know if like, I ever saved up enough gold to buy the BMAH warlock T3 armor, would its appearance unlock for all of my cloth classes, or just the priest that I bought it on?

Oh yea, seriously, if anyone knows a mindnumbingly boring way to farm gold, pls tell me, like, it has to be even more mind numbingly easy than doing all the cata raids, that takes too much effort :D (I used to just farm BWL with spectral guise, but blizzard took that away from me D:)
02/21/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Ephie

Oh yea, does anyone know if like, I ever saved up enough gold to buy the BMAH warlock T3 armor, would its appearance unlock for all of my cloth classes, or just the priest that I bought it on?

It should unlock account-wide as they aren't class restricted.

Oh yea, seriously, if anyone knows a mindnumbingly boring way to farm gold, pls tell me, like, it has to be even more mind numbingly easy than doing all the cata raids, that takes too much effort :D (I used to just farm BWL with spectral guise, but blizzard took that away from me D:)

Honestly I get 90% of my gold from pickpocket weekly, Class Hall missions, and running old content in general. I haven't paid for WoW time in about two months now since i restarted playing again. As far as fast gold... I'm afraid Cata raids is gonna be your best bet.

Also, welcome back. Haven't seen you in awhile.
02/22/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Wolf
Also, welcome back. Haven't seen you in awhile.

<3

02/22/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Wolf
Cata raids

my soul is destroy

How much gold do Cata raids give? And can they be done with a level 100 character? What is the rotation? Go to that weird tree place, and then to the Nefarion place, and then to the fire place, and then to Dragonsoul?

Oh yea, I heard that tanks got nerfed in world pvp, are they still the best? What classes do really well now? A warlock killed me while I was flying so I'm guessing they are OK? Which DPS classes have great self healing? I really really really really want to be a forsaken mage (to speak Thallasian) or a void elf rogue that lives in Silvermoon. I can't describe how bad I want to do one of those two things. But I'm guessing mages are terrible in world pvp?
World PvP in general is kind of a hot mess due to Legendaries, but yeah tanks are still gods and if you don't have an escape or a means of kiting you're going to have a very bad time.

My shoulders alone help me clock about 7 million damage in a single opener without using anything but Pistol Shot and Between the Eyes, if that's any indication on the state of W-PvP. A mage isn't going to have a good time, to be honest, unless they're super overgeared and know what they're doing. At least, in my experience anyways. I have only really ever had tanks that don't go down after my opener.

Really though, play what you want cause in the end you're going to get the most enjoyment out of whatever it is.

As far as Cata gold goes... I honestly couldn't tell you. I think they nerfed it? But I haven't run old raids in forever. I do Dragon Soul occasionally for my stupid legendary daggers that I really can't be assed to finish (i've had the stage 2 daggers since Cata) and I don't think i get anything higher than like 1k from it. I think Firelands trash is still a thing?

I'll be honest, between World Quests and missions, gold isn't all that hard to get anymore. I'm usually sitting at /least/ 200k at all times.
02/22/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Wolf
shoulders alone help me clock about 7 million damage

Hah, I have three million hp total!

02/22/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Wolf
I'll be honest, between World Quests and missions, gold isn't all that hard to get anymore. I'm usually sitting at /least/ 200k at all times.

[/quote]

The two things that I never do :D I'll try some cata raids to see if they got nerfed. If only Blizzard gave me gold every time I died in Stormwind, then I'd be rich!
02/22/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Ephie

The two things that I never do :D I'll try some cata raids to see if they got nerfed. If only Blizzard gave me gold every time I died in Stormwind, then I'd be rich!

If I got 1k gold for every time I accidentally dismounted and died in Stormwind, I'd be rich myself.
02/22/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Wolf
If I got 1k gold for every time I accidentally dismounted and died in Stormwind, I'd be rich myself.

I think... I think we need an attorney at law to represent us in our suit against the pavement-makers of Stormwind! Surely then we will be rich!

edit: I tried to do a world quest and got lost so it expired lol.
02/22/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Ephie
02/22/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Wolf

I think... I think we need an attorney at law to represent us in our suit against the pavement-makers of Stormwind! Surely then we will be rich!

I think the Stonemasons tried to do the same thing and it didn't work out so well.

But hey, we could give it a shot!

edit: I tried to do a world quest and got lost so it expired lol.

Sounds about right.
Wolf, in case you're going for the Bonescythe set, the belt is on the BMAH for 10k gold, I wonder if people bid them a lot higher.
Holy pvp is strong IF you have people to back you up. Its preferred over disc for Rated BGs. Disc is more complicated to play, but more fun, especially if you like doing damage.

Enjoy the melee pain train.

Don't get me started on afflic locks.

Enjoy the stun/silence/cc chain spam.

Gear sucks. Unless you hardcore raid, you're gonna have a bad time.
02/22/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Ephie
Wolf, in case you're going for the Bonescythe set, the belt is on the BMAH for 10k gold, I wonder if people bid them a lot higher.

It'll definitely rise in price over time, as it looks like it just spawned in the BMAH.

Also, another gold method that most people don't realize is that if you out gear it, the Brawler's guild is SUPER easy to spam and get gold from. I managed to get about 1k every 15~ minutes or so just one-shotting bosses with nobody else in que.

And you can easily out gear it by smashing your face on Argus and getting 910 gear, plus running Antorus LFR and getting some drops there.
02/22/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Wolf
Also, another gold method that most people don't realize is that if you out gear it, the Brawler's guild is SUPER easy to spam and get gold from. I managed to get about 1k every 15~ minutes or so just one-shotting bosses with nobody else in que.

Is that like, press a button every fifteen minutes, or like, you're constantly sitting there pressing buttons for fifteen minutes? I'm guessing you get gold for finishing the rotation of bosses?

How do I get to Argus anyway?

ahhhhhhhhhhhh I am so pscyhed about this the Imposter quest, wowhead doesn't (easily) say what the debuff is, and it's so buggy it's hard to navigate. I need to like, beg a rogue that hasn't finished their quest hall thing to try out a bunch of different things to see if it's worth leveling a rogue for it.

If it lets me kill other alliance in Silvermoon and in Stormwind I will cry tears of happiness. Oh please let the debuff persist through logging out! Please, dear blizzard, I will never blame Holinka or Ghostcrawler again for anything, just give me FFA PvP!!!
02/22/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Wolf
Argus

I uhhh, I went to Argus and spent about 50 minutes beating up demons. Getting Argus rep to exalted is going to be, uhhhhh, yea.

When I play the PvP-and-dork-around-in-Stormwind game I have so much fun. Whenever I try to play the game it's supposed to be played I'm always like, what on earth is going on here. I just don't understand how the developers can make a game for 12+ years and have i just be so mindless. The only fun part I had on Argus was doing the quests with this paladin named Aurumus, I kept worrying when his health got low so I would fear all the mobs.

It's like blizzard gave me 7 free days to convince me that their game was good and it's just not. And I know that BFA isn't gonna fix it, because I've seen all these same promises with Legion (PvP talents/gear is just gear/templates), WOD (Ashran/versatility will fix it!), MOP (arena catch-up), Cata (RBGs will fix it, by the way let's break full-premades in random battlegrounds!) WOTLK (PvP vehicles will fix it, aren't you having fun in Strand of the Ancients!), and tBC (arenas and resilience!).

I wish that I could spend like, two hours with the developers just to show them the World of Warcraft that I have so much fun playing. It's a completely different game than the one they make.

Oh my gosh I just want to be a void elf that can attack absolutely anyone in Silvermoon. Please. Sorry for the rant, I literally just went to Argus for the very first time.
02/22/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Ephie

Oh my gosh I just want to be a void elf that can attack absolutely anyone in Silvermoon. Please. Sorry for the rant, I literally just went to Argus for the very first time.

It's okay, I honestly started to enjoy this game more the moment I just focused on RP.

As far as Argus goes, it's really a slog after the very first time and I actually kind of hate it, and am glad I completely outgear it at this point so all I do is kill the world boss and buy the stupid class hall dudes and basically never leave the Vindicaar outside of going to the raid.

PvP for me hasn't been fun in a long time, mostly due to the fact that it feels like if you aren't playing the FotM it feels very one-sided, even though I KNOW there are people successful who aren't doing as such. But really, why should I slog through the effort of playing a class/spec that's basically just shooting myself in the foot?

I digress, I agree on the state of PvP. This game is starting to show its age. And locking the races behind exalted reputations is nothing short of a headache, especially for new and returning people coming to play once more.
02/21/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Ephie
Oh yea, I saw a person with a draenei kid battle pet! Goodness, you'd think that OSHA would invade Azeroth just like the iron horde did in that one expansion that we never ever ever ever talk about.

Sadly, Oona, like the Squires, is unwilling to fight for you. I think she's also not willing to wear a leash, like the Squire used to be back in the day.

02/21/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Ephie
I was thinking of making a void elf that lived in Silvermoon, but leveling is kind of a nightmare these days I hear.

1-60 with heirlooms is much slower than it used to be, only a bit faster than it was in Cataclysm without heirlooms to my recollection. I believe 60-100 is similar to how it was before 7.3.5, except you have a better variety of choices for where to go at any given level.

That said, leveling actually feels somewhat meaningful again, at least the 1-60 I've been slowly plugging away at. Mobs can kill you if you overpull. Things take a solid 2-3 casts at a minimum to kill. And the godsend, you can actually just enjoy a zone without having to hop to a new one before you're done.