Seven Days!

Wyrmrest Accord
Leveling wasn't that bad, except the 60-80 stretch was painful doing only wotlk (I refuse to level in TBC). Pandaria felt too short and the Draenor stretch was super fast with the garrison exp potion, treasure looting, and bonus quests.

Leveling a nightborne for another heritage set next but going to do that one much more leisurely.
In case you haven't checked yet, Ephie, Firelands generally nets me about 2,000 gold per run these days (down from roughly 4,000g, as I remember it, pre-Legion) if I vendor all the purples. I don't know if other Cataclysm raids are equivalent, because Firelands is the only one I can ever be bothered to do.

I remember having difficulty with Firelands on 25 Heroic at level 100, mostly because of that one boss with the two dogs. Depending on your gear, you might have a better time than me.
02/22/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Eledriss
In case you haven't checked yet, Ephie, Firelands generally nets me about 2,000 gold per run these days

<3 I did the purple tree raid and got like 300 gold from it so I gave up, but yea I'll probably try out Firelands too later.

I did some Argus quests and was like, why are there Argussian Reach and Army of Light factions. What possible reason could blizzard have had to make TWO of them?

I'm super tired so I'm going to go make tea. Some guy with wings just killed a BDSM windchime on Darnassus or Draenor or Argus or whatever.

875/3,000 Neutral with Argussian Reach. I have no clue how other people were able to accomplish this. Oh my gosh. Whyyyyyy. I'll have to look for a guide for it or something, it doesn't seem like it's something you can just mindlessly grind.
02/22/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Wolf
It's okay, I honestly started to enjoy this game more the moment I just focused on RP.

That's how I am with FFXIV, I haven't done any of the MSQ after the Shinryu fight. Not worrying about playing the game the way the developers want you to is the bestest! It's why I just hang out in Stormwind.

02/22/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Wolf
especially for new and returning people coming to play once more.

So I was wondering, what do PvPers do to unlock them? Do you get reputation from battleground rewards? Or do they have to go do like a month of pve things too?

02/22/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Bor
That said, leveling actually feels somewhat meaningful again, at least the 1-60 I've been slowly plugging away at. Mobs can kill you if you overpull. Things take a solid 2-3 casts at a minimum to kill. And the godsend, you can actually just enjoy a zone without having to hop to a new one before you're done.

I leveled in vanilla! Don't get me wrong, I miss the feeling of wanting to finish a quest to see how it ended, those huge cauldrons in WPL were so terrifying to me the first time I saw them! At the same time though, for me, leveling can only be a means to an end. It can't have meaning on its own. The meaning for me comes from living in an enemy city, be it Stormwind or Silvermoon or Orgrimmar or wherever, and meeting people, interacting with them, learning which ones will attack me and which ones are happy to have me around. Constantly negotiating with other people to find a place in the world (of warcraft) is just so much fun, it has danger and kindness all wrapped up together!

02/22/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Chonga
Leveling wasn't that bad, except the 60-80 stretch was painful doing only wotlk (I refuse to level in TBC).

Skipping HFP/Zangarmarsh is all I need. Oh wow I might actually do Terrokar, blades edge, and uhmmm, the other zone. The scary purple zone. I've never done that one before. Oh gosh Terrokar - BEM then a northrend zone like Grizzly Hills maybe. I hate leveling through the expansions so very much, but doing zones that I've never really done before sounds nice. I'll have to put a lot of thought into it, as well as which Vanilla zones I want to do. Thanks for getting me to think about this!
Ahhh, I looked at the new leveling ranges, at 60 your options are HFP, Zangarmarsh, Borean Tundra, and Howlling Fjord. All of the worst zones, but I guess as alliance Borean Tundra is my best bet.

TBC + WOTLK 60-80
Cata + MOP? 80-90
WOD 90-100
Legion 100-110
BfA 110-120 (this will be so painful.)

And a bunch of the zones are like, 35-60 or whatever. They should have just made every zone 1-110.

Oh well, I shouldn't freak out about leveling the velf before I even have velfs unlocked!

1,925/3,000 neutral!
0/6,000 frienly
0/12,000 honored
0/21,000 revered
Have you done any class hall stuff? There are rep missions you can do every few days for lots and lots of rep.

02/23/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Ephie
BDSM windchime

Never change Ephie <3
02/23/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Chonga
Have you done any class hall stuff? There are rep missions you can do every few days for lots and lots of rep.

Long ago, the world of warcraft lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Facebook games attacked.

But if it gives Argussian Reach rep... I must do it. Because I keep doing the quests on Argus and getting Army of Light rep.

Oh wow I need to turn this into a game.

Argussian Reach 1,925/3,000 neutral
Army of Light 4,310/6,000 friendly.

Will I get Argussian Reach to friendly before I get Army of Light to Honored, turn in next week, same bat time, same bat place!

(I genuinely don't understand how Argus is meaningfully different from the broken shore patch, or Tanaan jungle before it. Haven't we been fighting demons since WOD's midpoint?)

Also I am going to go to Home Depot and ask for BDSM windchimes. They'll probably send me to Lowe's.
ahhhh this draenei has perfect hair

https://imgur.com/a/GeAbs
I got all of my artifacts to coincidence of the legionfall, I don't need anything beyond that for PvP? Or do I need it to be high for world pvp?

What's the best spec for rogues for world pvp?

How many raiding guilds are on this server? (I ask this every time I come back to the game and never actually raid so feel free not to answer this, or to just post videos of the kung fu master from Kill Bill 2 instead.)
02/23/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Ephie
What's the best spec for rogues for world pvp?

Sub is a lot of fun, plus with artifact talents you don't take fall damage. Outlaw is generally bad I think? One of my rogues is outlaw and while its fun I don't think it has great numbers?

You'll start to get more Argassian rep when you unlock the northern floaty island which is further in the ridiculously long quest chain. A majority of the Arg WQs are on that isle.

Also the invasion portals that take you to other planets can give rep tokens. They are pretty easy (definitely use LFG to find a group)
02/23/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Chonga
Also the invasion portals that take you to other planets can give rep tokens. They are pretty easy (definitely use LFG to find a group)

Thanks I never would have figured that out, I've mostly tried to ignore invasions because they are scary.

The belt I mentioned the other day, the rogue t3 one, has already sold. No clue how much it went for. I have absolutely no clue why anyone would buy those 40k mystery boxes.

Uhmmmm. The argus quests are like "hey my name is illidain, remember how you were just down this ridge 15 minutes ago killing things? well I want you to go to the same place and bless bodies, because you totally couldn't have been doing that while you were killing things!"

What is the RBG meta like these days? Are rogues in it?
https://i.imgur.com/50CUa2C.jpg

I ... I need an adult? What does this game have, a PG-35 rating?!
02/23/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Ephie
https://i.imgur.com/50CUa2C.jpg

I ... I need an adult? What does this game have, a PG-35 rating?!

goat thighs
02/23/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Ephie
875/3,000 Neutral with Argussian Reach. I have no clue how other people were able to accomplish this.

Weeklies and emissary quests are the big chunks, plus some from reputation tokens. The weekly Veiled Argunite quests reward 1000 reputation with both Argus factions, and the emissary quests reward 1500 with their respective factions. The lesser Invasion Points can reward reputation tokens (250 apiece), as do some champion missions (250, plus 750 if you 200% them).

It does take a few weeks to do, in general, even if you're pushing towards that goal.
Hello Eph!

Not much else I think to inform you on other than Thokk transferred to alliance and became a gnome.

I am also that gnome.

I'm enjoying chairs.
02/21/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Ephie
LSAT

why do you want to spend all of that money to have no work
02/23/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Bor
Weeklies and emissary quests are the big chunks, plus some from reputation tokens. The weekly Veiled Argunite quests reward 1000 reputation with both Argus factions, and the emissary quests reward 1500 with their respective factions. The lesser Invasion Points can reward reputation tokens (250 apiece), as do some champion missions (250, plus 750 if you 200% them).

I read all of this but I don't understand it. I need a lot more hazelnut coffee. But seriously though, thank you so much for pointing all of this stuff out! I would never have realized the 200% part. It takes a lot of work to summarize the important parts of getting caught up, thank you (and everyone else!) so much for putting in the effort for me.

02/23/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Findot
I am also that gnome.

Get 1,800 RBGs and get 2h R14 sword!!!!!! I really want a gnome fury warrior just so that I can use that one specific weapon. I had a gnome friend in vanilla that had Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brootherhood, and he killed me so many times with that thing. It was completely ridiculous. But it was so cute too, so I couldn't get mad.

02/23/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Jawrip
why do you want to spend all of that money to have no work

I wasn't able to go back to school earlier in life due to family obligations, however, I always kept the idea in the back of my head. A few years back someone on here (Sholaad I think, a friend since Cata) posted about getting admitted to the bar and how their life was doing great; I was like 'dang I really want to feel like life is great too, that sounds pretty rad. Like sharing a rainy Saturday morning with my parrot and a huge cup of hazelnut coffee.'

Or, to quote Days n Daze:

They say don't take the risk
You're sure to fail
Cause there's no get out of jail free card in life
But what's the worst that could happen
end up in coffin?
Isn't that where we're all headed anyway?

It's really good to see you again Jawrip, I hope that you've been well! People change their mains so often these days that it's always such a welcome sight to see familiar faces. Nice prestige level 8, I hear that's a pain to farm to max? Do you know if they are going to keep that system for BfA, or reset it? I'm uncertain if I would be able to grind all 30 or whatever levels before September or whenever BfA comes out.
HI EPHIE!

It has been a small eternity since you visited.
02/23/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Kanas
HI EPHIE!

It has been a small eternity since you visited.

<3 I've missed you, I still remember like 4 years ago when we were in the same Strand of the Ancients! I've meant to ask you, there's a human rogue on the forums with a really similar name, are you two the same person?

<3 I hope life has been treating you well. Weren't you in one of those Detective threads that Enekie loves to make? I really want to go back and re-read that one, it was one of my favorites.
Well look who it is. Long time no see, squids.

I just came back about a month or so ago. Cokah and I pretty much reactivated our accounts at the same time by coincidence. Ran into each other in Dalaran and we had a quick talk. Neither of us were sure if a WoW return would stick thanks to insanely busy lives. Stuck for me, for her... not so much it seems.

Hope to see the old addiction take hold in you and see ya stick around awhile.

- Avenzi/Dollmaker