Transmog rules suggestion

General Discussion
Good afternoon, I come here to suggest that you improve the transmog rules so that we can modify the appearance of the weapon to whatever the spec/class can use (within acceptable)

I'll explain better;

A caster using a staff, could transmogrify for a main hand + offhand or for wand + offhand

Rogues could change their daggers for one handed axes, swords or maces for example (or at least please let us change daggers for fist weapons (my worgen thanks))

Just as a shaman with shield + one hand could switch to a staff or onehand + offhand

But a warrior protection could not change to a two handed for example.

They once said that it had to be weapons of similar animations, but would not it just change to use the transmog-type animations?

Blizzard spoke (I do not remember where) that would allow to transmog the weapons of the next expansion for appearance of the artifacts.

In theory they have to modify the current rules to do this (hopefully yes) For example the holy paladin artifact is two handed and usually they uses onehand + shield (Come on Blizzard, do not confiscate my mace with book ;-) nor my bear gloves (Guardian Druid) or my talking knife (priest shadow if using a staff)

Thanks for read.

Sorry for my rusty english.
I'd rather they just not go forwards with the asinine plan of spec locking Artifact skins... I have no doubt that there will be an ample supply of weapons to match our Artifact weapon types going forwards in BfA... the real issue though is that they are going to spec lock the artifact skins... they need to get rid of that idea and just let us use whatever artifact skin from our class that we want... If I want to use Ashbringer as transmog on my Holy Paladin, I should be allowed to. If I ever choose to spec Marksman on this Hunter, I should still be allowed to use my Beast Mastery Hidden Artifact skin in BfA.

I get spec locking the artifacts during Legion considering their interaction with your spec... but the skins... seriously... just let us use them freely... class restrictions are enough, don't compound it with asinine spec restrictions.
03/11/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Gennbu
They once said that it had to be weapons of similar animations, but would not it just change to use the transmog-type animations?

Presumably they either decided it's not possible with their code or that it would be enough work to not be worth the effort to get this working.

It's not gonna change anytime soon. It's probably a result of adding the system late (after 7 years of spaghetti code). If it were added in 2004 at launch it probably would have been built in in such a way that they could do this easier.

Probably also why we'll never get sliders for character creation and we'll never get a dye system for gear (okay the dye thing is because of how they did the art but still).
03/11/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Gennbu

Presumably they either decided it's not possible with their code or that it would be enough work to not be worth the effort to get this working.

It's not gonna change anytime soon. It's probably a result of adding the system late (after 7 years of spaghetti code). If it were added in 2004 at launch it probably would have been built in in such a way that they could do this easier.

Probably also why we'll never get sliders for character creation and we'll never get a dye system for gear.

The "same animations" excuse was always just that... an excuse... it was never a real reason. Since day 1 of transmog we have had weapons that use different animations transmogable with eachother.

Bows, Guns, & Crossbows... the only weapons that were transmogable cross weapon type with the addition of Transmog... and Bows use a completely different animation set from Guns and Crossbows...

Staffs, Polearms, & 2handed melee... Staffs have their own animation set that is shared by most Polearms. 2handed Axes, Hammers, and Swords have a differnt animation set from Staves and most Polearms. Polearms actually use 2 sets of animations depending on what Polearm you're weilding.

Glaives & 1handed melee... Glaives DO NOT use the same animation set as 1handed melee, they actually use Fist Weapon animations... considering the fact that Fist Weapons share the same exact stats and animations as Glaives, there is zero reason why they shouldn't be added to the 1handed Melee category.

Fury Warriors... Seriously... these guys actually cause 2handed melee to use 1handed melee animations... They can't seriously say they have no way to make the animations change properly...

Daggers... the reason Daggers were put on their own is simply because of their higher base attack speed and lower stats from Swords. The animations were always a non-issue. Honestly, they could opt to standardize Daggers the same way they standardized Maces & Axes... after all Axes used to be faster than swords but slower than daggers and maces used to be the slowest melee with the highest damage per hit... the actual DPS of them were always equal though so the differences were negligible for the most part. Hell, the main reason they got standardized was because of the Multihit stat in Cata causing attack speed on weapons to be of far more importance than it had ever been prior, so they used the opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone...
UP
03/11/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Nutts
I'd rather they just not go forwards with the asinine plan of spec locking Artifact skins... I have no doubt that there will be an ample supply of weapons to match our Artifact weapon types going forwards in BfA... the real issue though is that they are going to spec lock the artifact skins... they need to get rid of that idea and just let us use whatever artifact skin from our class that we want... If I want to use Ashbringer as transmog on my Holy Paladin, I should be allowed to. If I ever choose to spec Marksman on this Hunter, I should still be allowed to use my Beast Mastery Hidden Artifact skin in BfA.

I get spec locking the artifacts during Legion considering their interaction with your spec... but the skins... seriously... just let us use them freely... class restrictions are enough, don't compound it with asinine spec restrictions.
my issue is this I agree they should let us use the artifact mogs for whatever spec we want (especially since I want to use the bone blades as tank DH), but what I fear might happen is any class might be able to use any artifact because people whined for it. A ROGUE SHOULD NEVER HAVE THE DOOMHAMMER!!!
UP....4 months to the expansion and no answer how transmog will work in BfA

I saw in a video a paladin using what seemed to be the off-hand of shaman enhancement .... if they allow to do this kind of transmog, and won't allow me to use my Healer two handed mace (even being sword n board) I will be deeply disappointed...