Any vanilla players left?

General Discussion
1 2 3 24 Next
Or are we a dying breed ? I started playing halfway through vanilla and I’ve had maybe 4-5 accounts, came over from ffxi, ive noticed I’m having a hard time finding those who have played since vanilla .
Yes, from the very beginning.
I started playing in 2004, and still have the legacy PvP achievement for getting Knight-Lieutenant back in the day on my Paladin.

I've been playing the Warcraft series since I was about 6 years old with Warcraft 2.
Started towards the tail end, 2006. But I put in six years of EQ before I came over to the kinder, gentler, solo/casual friendly game :p

edit/ps: No breaks. I had a couple of months in MoP when I couldn't see well enough to play but I could still do a bit of fishing. Just got sick in February for 3 weeks. Have had a vacation here and there, or housesitting, or other times I couldn't log in, but day/week/year in/out, I've logged on most days at least for a bit.
I am...though started late vanilla, around Oct '06. Was in my 50s when BC hit.

I played PSO before this game.
Dying breed.

Game has been through a lot of shift and turns, not all for the better.

The game quality has been going down the toilet of late and Blizzard seems too busy to care.
*raises hand*

I started a few months before BC came out. WoW was my first MMO and though I take breaks - the longest was from early Cata to late WoD - I keep coming back.
Classic player reporting in!
03/11/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Jubilees
Or are we a dying breed ? I started playing halfway through vanilla and I’ve had maybe 4-5 accounts, came over from ffxi, ive noticed I’m having a hard time finding those who have played since vanilla .

yes me
the good old 2005 i remember those days back when i was playing wow and like 12 years old
03/11/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Jubilees
ive noticed I’m having a hard time finding those who have played since vanilla

Stick around. Seems like half of them/you can't voice an opinion without first letting us know they played it. Being a BC baby isn't half as cool.

: )

edit: word added
Alot of people that still play this game are from vanilla. We're the crystallized crowd.
Me. I started two months after vanilla launched. I haven't played constantly, but I always come back eventually.
I made this hunter as a dwarf the March after release.

03/11/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Kozzae
Yes, from the very beginning.

But of course.
I haven't been subbed continually since Vanilla, but I got the game roughly 2 weeks after release and have played it on and off since then. Took a bit of a large break in MoP and again for the middle portion of Legion but I'm back at it once more.
I started playing at the tail end of WOW Vanilla, I have the old PVP achievement on my Hunter.
I've been around since vanilla but rarely log in much any more. I just feel bored. I might cancel my sub and just wait for the next expansion to hit.
Order history:

6/15/2006 N/A Free Month Expired

Ahhhhh. Why.
This is my main from all the way back in Vanilla. I quit during the tail end of Vanilla and came back shortly after the release of Wrath of the Lich King. I've been playing pretty steadily since then (I've taken breaks here and there, but I've never skipped over an entire expansion the way I did Burning Crusade. Something which I regret. Although I did drop out of most of Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor).
Started just after the AQ event but before the Naxx event. Then when BC came about I rolled Draenei... always Draenei...