Lightforged Draenei Appealability

General Discussion
03/12/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Respira
Lightforged racials should of been turning the tickle laser into still tickling but an aoe stun similar to Tauren's AoE stun.

The suicide racial should be replaced with all attacks deal 1% extra damage as holy.

Forge of Light needs to smelt and reduced CD.

Finally, the light magic resistance should be replaced with absorbing the light as healing. I mean you have a race that is literally made of light, but can't absorb damaging light spell to heal them?

Boom, now you have racials on par with Void Elfs. As it is now, why would you reroll from reg Draenei except to get Y'rel's horns?

Yeah I personally think that it should be a 1% increase to Holy healing and damage as that would make it on par with others. As you said, we're Lightforged. We should be able to squeeze a little more out of it than say other races who use Holy.
I think they are a wasted allied race.

Sometimes I think I see one, it is a 50/50 chance whether I'm seeing one or it is just a regular Draenai who is styling.

Meanwhile, I can spot a Nightborne. I can spot a void elf. I can even spot a Highmountain Tauren (though again, it is pretty close to almost be a waste... yay.. antlers?)

Zandalari trolls also look way different.
03/13/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Kybeorie
I think they are a wasted allied race.

Sometimes I think I see one, it is a 50/50 chance whether I'm seeing one or it is just a regular Draenai who is styling.

Meanwhile, I can spot a Nightborne. I can spot a void elf. I can even spot a Highmountain Tauren (though again, it is pretty close to almost be a waste... yay.. antlers?)

Zandalari trolls also look way different.

They can definitely be improved though to separate them from the rest. Blizzard has the power to do so!
The problem with LFDraenei comes down to lazy visual design. More polished draenei with altered crests/horns and hair are not worthy of an allied race slot.

The Lightforged should be as changed/mutated by The Light as man’ari eredar are by the Fel. Light energy cracking through their hooves, horns and hands. Floating naaru crystals around their heads instead of proper horns. Crystals jutting from their backs, or angelic wings when casting spells.

There’s so much that could be done with the concept that thus far hasn’t been. Right now they’re just prettier draenei with worse racials.
I dislike the Blacksmith racial all together. ITs worthless to everyone but one character. Its just an anvil with no other benefits. With Dark Iron Dwarves coming, they get a better blacksmith racial and have more historical prevalence. I'd say either give Lightforged Draenei the ability to repair armor much like the Nightborn's mail service.

Giving the ability to summon a repair bot that also serves as an anvil .That would be vastly more fitting.

I'd also drop Light's Reckoning and rework it into more of a random proc chance to explode with holy damage & healing. Mechanics that require you to die is already considered a poor mechanic. Last thing people want is to be killed. Its a numerical loss and the damage does not do anything but tickle people.
Forge of light should be a forge that lets people respec, instant desirability for everyone.
03/14/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Aelliciah
I dislike the Blacksmith racial all together. ITs worthless to everyone but one character. Its just an anvil with no other benefits.

I agree with this.

Being able to repair in the field would be a good option. So would respec, though that seems less likely.

On the whole, the Lightforged racial abilities seem intentionally designed to be terrible, for some reason.

Blacksmithing? On-death explosion? No damage bonus?

The Holy damage reduction is pretty standard, and the idea of the active ability being a Holy nuke isn't too terrible.

But the rest of it is... bleh.

The devs can't possibly be unaware of that, so I'm not really sure what the thinking was.
You are using Forge of Light wrong, it was created to BM you opponents in arenas lol.
Forge of Light should offer repairs if it's to be useful. Having an anvil, or even a forge for that matter that can be summoned is absolutely useless since you can find both pretty much anywhere in the world.

Lights judgment is pretty bad as well. If it had the stun effect of the ability it was based off of, it might be better. I kind of reserve my judgment on it because it will indeed scale with ret's new mastery in BFA, so it may pan out to be better.

Demonbane is pretty useless. Only outland I could see it being useful in, but an increase to XP gained is a generally wasted racial in any case in this day and age. I'd replace it with a small %increased damage vs demons at least.

Lights reckoning...oh dear what a mess. Perhaps the worst racial I've ever seen old school GotN. At level cap this thing hits pretty weakly, and it doesn't scale with any stats which means it gets progressively worse as power levels increase. It heals for about as much as a standard baseline healing spell, which isn't much. The concept isn't too bad, but the execution is terrible. I could see this being useful if it was based on a percentage of the player's health pool.

And then holy resistance. Honestly, aside from scarlet crusade mobs and a couple priest mobs here and there, when's the last time any enemy used holy damage? It's thematically incorrect also: why would one so engorged in the light resist it? Would they not embrace it? How about instead of resisting a magic damage type almost no enemy uses, it converts a small amount of damage taken into self-healing.

These changes would really make them more appealing as guardians of the light both in theme and practice.

Of all the new races, they're the most interesting to me in terms aesthetics(never really cared for elves. I don't like to play Horde. Trolls need to learn how to wear some shoes on those horrific stompers before I'd consider them, and even then I never have liked tribal aesthetics. Dark irons are okay, but they don't seem all that unique.) It's a shame that they come at the cost of having the worst racials in the game. Part of the fun of a new race are unique racials.
I fully support a LF Draenei racial buff.
Agreed that racials seem a bit underwhelming, but at least lorwise I do think they bring something rather unique and with good potential.

I'd love more varied customization options as well.
More or less, the Lightforged got the shortest stick of them all. It appears that going Lightforged is a degrade from a regular draenei, which gets a primary stat increase, a strong heal dot, shadow resistence, and jewelcrafting increase.

The primary difference between Lightforged and Regular Draenei is the racials, and they made a weaker draenei variant from its sheer lack of numbers.

Holy Resistance should be changed to effect holy and shadow damage. They were blessed to resist darkness, and to be made of light, naturally you'd be resistant to that too.

Light's Judgement is too wonky as a casted spell that can be easily wasted. Doesn't do damage, but its AoE is laughable.
03/14/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Lahgtah
Forge of Light should offer repairs if it's to be useful. Having an anvil, or even a forge for that matter that can be summoned is absolutely useless since you can find both pretty much anywhere in the world.

Lights judgment is pretty bad as well. If it had the stun effect of the ability it was based off of, it might be better. I kind of reserve my judgment on it because it will indeed scale with ret's new mastery in BFA, so it may pan out to be better.

Demonbane is pretty useless. Only outland I could see it being useful in, but an increase to XP gained is a generally wasted racial in any case in this day and age. I'd replace it with a small %increased damage vs demons at least.

Lights reckoning...oh dear what a mess. Perhaps the worst racial I've ever seen old school GotN. At level cap this thing hits pretty weakly, and it doesn't scale with any stats which means it gets progressively worse as power levels increase. It heals for about as much as a standard baseline healing spell, which isn't much. The concept isn't too bad, but the execution is terrible. I could see this being useful if it was based on a percentage of the player's health pool.

And then holy resistance. Honestly, aside from scarlet crusade mobs and a couple priest mobs here and there, when's the last time any enemy used holy damage? It's thematically incorrect also: why would one so engorged in the light resist it? Would they not embrace it? How about instead of resisting a magic damage type almost no enemy uses, it converts a small amount of damage taken into self-healing.

These changes would really make them more appealing as guardians of the light both in theme and practice.

Of all the new races, they're the most interesting to me in terms aesthetics(never really cared for elves. I don't like to play Horde. Trolls need to learn how to wear some shoes on those horrific stompers before I'd consider them, and even then I never have liked tribal aesthetics. Dark irons are okay, but they don't seem all that unique.) It's a shame that they come at the cost of having the worst racials in the game. Part of the fun of a new race are unique racials.

Exactly. I really do hope Blizzard listens to our ideas on what should be changed. A lot of people have come up with good ideas that won't break the game or make LFD over-powered. Just on par with everyone else.
03/14/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Kalastra
03/14/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Aelliciah
I dislike the Blacksmith racial all together. ITs worthless to everyone but one character. Its just an anvil with no other benefits.

I agree with this.

Being able to repair in the field would be a good option. So would respec, though that seems less likely.

On the whole, the Lightforged racial abilities seem intentionally designed to be terrible, for some reason.

Blacksmithing? On-death explosion? No damage bonus?

The Holy damage reduction is pretty standard, and the idea of the active ability being a Holy nuke isn't too terrible.

But the rest of it is... bleh.

The devs can't possibly be unaware of that, so I'm not really sure what the thinking was.

Probably someone at the top unfortunately, and so they had to implement them even though they are quite poor. I'm sure there are a few devs who worked on LFD wishing they could have been made better before they released.
Lightforged Draenei should be to barber-shop character customization options for draenei. This is Blizzard phoning in a new race as a "race changes" cash grab.
At least Light's Judgement is a pretty good AoE hit for trash packs. Couple that with a Cooldown and it hits for some pretty massive damage.
03/14/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Healaura
Probably someone at the top unfortunately, and so they had to implement them even though they are quite poor. I'm sure there are a few devs who worked on LFD wishing they could have been made better before they released.

They simply did the minimum effort on them. Not even giving them their own mounts was ridiculous.
03/15/2018 12:47 AMPosted by Diaana
03/14/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Healaura

They simply did the minimum effort on them. Not even giving them their own mounts was ridiculous.

Indeed. It's up to Blizzard now to make the changes. I will be severely disappointed if our suggestions go unheard when a new patch/fix/whatever gets dropped.
The males need separate hair and horn customisation.

The males need short hair and bald options.

The anvil needs to allow everyone in your party/raid to forge as well as repair equipment.

With this I'd be happy.