World of starcraft!

General Discussion
Because why not who doesnt want to be a zergling and kill people in a open world :P
Blizzard doesn't have enough minerals to make such a game
03/20/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Mortred
Blizzard doesn't have enough minerals to make such a game
they should gather more vaspan gas then !
"Power overwhelming!"
That game would be amazing
Someone already made an RPG in SC2's custom games
Forgot the name, but it exists.
Heard it had a good story over a few maps utilizing save system.

Edit: Starcraft Universe
Why be a zergling when you can be a creep tumor?
I been surprised that has not happened yet. Only reason i can think of that would keep blizzard from doing so is money. Making another mmo that could compete with WoW could force them to split resources between the two. Making both less then what they could be.

I did enjoy SWTOR for a time, and would love a good futuristic online game.
if it were just like WoW, I'd play it. And I know nothing about Starcraft.
I've thought about this too. While it could potentially be awesome, there would need to be a lot of retconning to come up with different races for people to play. This could dilute the overall story which is the best parto of SC...

Plus everyone would play Protoss...
03/20/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Xuanney
Why be a zergling when you can be a creep tumor?
True :P I was thinking if it was made we would evovle as zergs and the protoss gain ranks to diffrent types after battles or death. not sure about terrain though

03/20/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Gueryn
I've thought about this too. While it could potentially be awesome, there would need to be a lot of retconning to come up with different races for people to play. This could dilute the overall story which is the best parto of SC...

Plus everyone would play Protoss...
Na I'm a zerg only :)
03/20/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Qubert
I been surprised that has not happened yet. Only reason i can think of that would keep blizzard from doing so is money. Making another mmo that could compete with WoW could force them to split resources between the two. Making both less then what they could be.

I did enjoy SWTOR for a time, and would love a good futuristic online game.

This...
I loved SWtoR at first. So unbelievably bad now. Uggggh....
03/20/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Belinus
if it were just like WoW, I'd play it. And I know nothing about Starcraft.

This. I feel like they just need to do this after BfA or the next void centric expansion cause we are almost out of big bads.

There is absolutely nothing that can top the Void as a big bad, its one of the two primordial forces that gave birth to the Warcraft universe.
I wondered about this shortly after starting WoW in Vanilla. Never made sense to me, (though I'm not the one in charge of finances at Blizz, lol)
I support a World of Starcraft game with the same graphics scheme but upgraded graphics (think Overwatch quality) and game engine that better utilizes GPUs.

I think that Blizzard probably makes so much money off of WoW right now, however, that it might not be a smart decision to possibly have more than half of the WoW subs jump ship to WoS subs, hence Blizzard holding two massive products with a split base.
IMO, it needs to be console friendly as well.

A lot of players would sneer at this, but games like ESO and FFXIV owe a large part of their success to diversifying their product platforms.

World of Starcraft would absolutely !@#$ on every contender in the MMO market.
03/20/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Saurfang

A lot of players would sneer at this, but games like ESO and FFXIV owe a large part of their success to diversifying their product platforms.

I agree with that mostly cuz me and keyboards don't get along what so ever
I support a World of Starcraft game with the same graphics scheme but upgraded graphics (think Overwatch quality) and game engine that better utilizes GPUs.

I think that Blizzard probably makes so much money off of WoW right now, however, that it might not be a smart decision to possibly have more than half of the WoW subs jump ship to WoS subs, hence Blizzard holding two massive products with a split base.

a lot of us would probably sub to both. I know I would.
No, thanks.
*tin foil hat*

I predict that some how, some way, Starcraft Universe will get interwoven into WoW the MMORPG. (along with Overwatch etc)

I think I recall them saying that all their franchises are a part of the same universe.

And since there have been several instances of other off world adventures via invasion points on argus, there may come a time when some Space marines finds themselves stranded on Azeroth. Invading Zerg could soon follow and the next Threat to the survival of the world will fuel further expansions.
03/20/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Maidemonsong
03/20/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Saurfang

I agree with that mostly cuz me and keyboards don't get along what so ever

I do everything with the controlpad addon and an xbox one controller.

Normal and Heroic raids, random battlegrounds, questing, etc.

Only thing I will not do is arena. I heal rated BG's on my R Druid with the xbox one controller just fine.