Arenas
https://youtu.be/8XVtDMipgFw?t=231

Now this is true pinnacle of skill.
I wish I could unsee this.
We've come a long, long way.
I can’t wait
02/20/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Miasen
I wish I could unsee this.

I wish there were more hours in the day so I could spend more time watching this.
this is a masterpiece
02/20/2018 03:15 AMPosted by Damnbro

I would rather play Classic WoW than a failed esport with infinite mobility melee all standing on each other, with class redesign by someone who didn't even pvp, where classes are all the same, with people alting every fotm melee class in the game, with a dumb swifty ability a defensive ability and everything being scripted goes.

I bet WoW could get more people to watch an Asmongold vs Sodapoppin relay race around Stormwind than their Arena championship.

Hell I bet they could get more viewers with a transmog competition.

I mean in the past at least you got an Arena weapon at 1850 that was as good as raid weapon that got people to run around poles in a bad mini game that only got decent in Cata and Mop after most people quit WoW. Now you get worse gear than someone going dailies to play a minigame you all know is bad, yet you all keep playing it and the pros cry they make no money with sponsors leaving, when they sit there saying how bad it is on their stream.

Blizzard should just make a mop/cata tourney realm on alternating seasons. At least then the people who actually care about arena can have it at it's height and you won't have the best players in this "sport" screwed out of Blizzcon championship due to a patch that renders their comp useless. Example. Last year and Tempo Storm. Who can blame sponsors for pulling out. Arena is a joke and always will be a joke. It's more about getting people to reroll certain classes and boost, race change for the new OP racial than it is about trying to be an actual good competitive "sport".
you've gotta admit though it's one of the more unique videos.
I can't stop watching this guys videos
02/20/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Miasen
I can't stop watching this guys videos

I haven't watched 2 many of them if u find any better ones let me know his videos are funny
Post Vanilla WoW PvP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTALjTZOXTE
Much skill much WoW. Happens every expansion. Like I said arena is more about getting people to resub, reroll than being an actual sport. It's not a mistake that ret always is OP at expansion launch and always gets magically decent near the end before people buy the next expansion.

Look at everyone rolling/boosting a monk or assass rogue atm (everyone already has a pally). Blizzard laughing all the way to the bank. Last expansion is was combat rogues.

Arena is balanced by suits. They do the same thing for pve btw. See locks atm. Arena will never be a real esport until it's separate from the rest of the game on a tourney realm with fixed classes and minimal changes.
02/20/2018 03:15 AMPosted by Damnbro

Man, and i thought Vanilla Rogue couldnt get any more streamlined and OP. I was wrong, i could have used an addon to map my rotation out for me, and even ignore most of my toolkit!
02/20/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Blondemamba
Post Vanilla WoW PvP.
Much skill much WoW. Happens every expansion. Like I said arena is more about getting people to resub, reroll than being an actual sport. It's not a mistake that ret always is OP at expansion launch and always gets magically decent near the end before people buy the next expansion.

Look at everyone rolling/boosting a monk or assass rogue atm (everyone already has a pally). Blizzard laughing all the way to the bank. Last expansion is was combat rogues.

Arena is balanced by suits. They do the same thing for pve btw. See locks atm. Arena will never be a real esport until it's separate from the rest of the game on a tourney realm with fixed classes and minimal changes.

What are you on about you linked a video of a bm hunter the spec regarded as the most brain dead since forever lol I have no idea what ur point is class design for most classes has come a long way since vanilla but not everything has become better. I don't know what ur trying to say about arenas but I'm just going to assume ur mad at it because ur bad at it and think if you just played a different spec u could easily do great people fotm re roll all the time they generally stay just as !@#$ in most cases.

On a final note I am looking forward to Vanilla wow.
See locks atm.

Locks have always been amazing in pve lul? Demo in Highmaul was crazy affi and destro picked up at the end of BRF and HFC. All 3 lock specs were nuts in MoP. Affi has been op since NH.
02/20/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Damnbro
Post Vanilla WoW PvP.

What are you on about you linked a video of a bm hunter the spec regarded as the most brain dead since forever lol I have no idea what ur point is class design for most classes has come a long way since vanilla but not everything has become better. I don't know what ur trying to say about arenas but I'm just going to assume ur mad at it because ur bad at it and think if you just played a different spec u could easily do great people fotm re roll all the time they generally stay just as !@#$ in most cases.

On a final note I am looking forward to Vanilla wow.

The difference is he was killing BAD people with garbage gear and 10 minutes of cooldowns and consumables. I can make a video of me killing people with better gear then me on a rogue in Legion with cheap shot->Night Blade->Symbols+Cold Blood+Gormaws (one global)->Evisc->MFD Evisc. They literally die inside the cheapshot due to the shoulders and you could also click on the buttons because you are not moving. Inside that combo you can also throw in a 3-4 million instant hit from a companion (Ravenholdt), yet you want to try to use some stupid video about vanilla world pvp to make it look like modern wow is mad skill lol.

The difference is the Hunter thing happened in Arena in a "esport". The funny thing is on classes like ele mage (frost fire) you actually used more buttons in Vanilla than you do in current WoW after the class has been pruned to oblivion. Cata rogue was very skill based, but like I said everything is pruned. The only real class even left is WW monk. Everything else can be alted by every arena player because sub is never viable come tourney time.

A lot of the arena players are going to get farmed in vanilla. Example. Really bad gear, against really good gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB25g_bTY00
02/20/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Shinitai
See locks atm.

Locks have always been amazing in pve lul? Demo in Highmaul was crazy affi and destro picked up at the end of BRF and HFC. All 3 lock specs were nuts in MoP. Affi has been op since NH.

Keep getting played with microtransactions. That's all this game is now. You will see horde move to alliance to arena in BFA in the U.S., when they just moved from Alliance to Horde the last expansion. Complete suckers. A fool and his money are easily parted. You actually think something with racials that change, that require money to fix is an esport and is about anything besides MT money. If Blizzard was in any way serious about arena you would be able to choose the racial like you could the antoros daily area ability (warframe, aoe, extra life). They could even fit it in lore with a NPC where it says you "train" and gate it for a few days or whatever. They won't because people can't be exploited then.
02/20/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Blondemamba
The difference is the Hunter thing happened in Arena in a "esport". The funny thing is on classes like ele mage (frost fire) you actually used more buttons in Vanilla

It's all instant casts the spec is painfully easy I would know I mained one bud

yet you want to try to use some stupid video about vanilla world pvp to make it look like modern wow is mad skill lol.

Never compared it to Legion seems like you're projecting.

A lot of the arena players are going to get farmed in vanilla.

Yea, I think you have this strange hard on for arenas because you are an extremely sub par player and you think somehow you'll get better without arenas, you will still be just as bad they will still be ccing and beating you just as much pillar or no pillar.

Edit: Also congrats on completely derailing this thread which held the purpose of laughing at an entertaining video because you're bad at arena.
I like how he just responds to my post even though I never talked about mtx. I was just saying hes wrong about the swinging of balance for locks. Ylkes. Locks have always been a rank 1 viable class for gladiator and has always been extremely viable in pve. Ever since bc they've been amazing.
The difference is he was killing BAD people with garbage gear and 10 minutes of cooldowns and consumables

Also maybe you didn't check but he's lvl 52 I highly doubt the 60s had gear way worse than his lol it's like you didn't even pay attention to the video just came to talk !@#$.
02/20/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Damnbro
The difference is the Hunter thing happened in Arena in a "esport". The funny thing is on classes like ele mage (frost fire) you actually used more buttons in Vanilla

It's all instant casts the spec is painfully easy I would know I mained one bud

yet you want to try to use some stupid video about vanilla world pvp to make it look like modern wow is mad skill lol.

Never compared it to Legion seems like you're projecting.

A lot of the arena players are going to get farmed in vanilla.

Yea, I think you have this strange hard on for arenas because you are an extremely sub par player and you think somehow you'll get better without arenas, you will still be just as bad they will still be ccing and beating you just as much pillar or no pillar.

Look at this guy. You actually think people care about arena or rating post item rating requirements. This isn't an esport. No esport player is going to make 4 melee alts to compete in the game and level the chars etc. WoW as a esport died at the end of MOP when people could instantly alt almost every class.

Your "esport" is being dominated by a PVE player (Trill) who probably doesn't even give a @%#$ about arena LOL.

The arena player base has never been smaller. You are competing against no one. It's the same 50 people every year worldwide, with SKILLED esport players going to games with actual tournament money where they don't live with their mom and make half what a fast food employee now does at 15 dollars a hour.

If you ask every single wow pro player if they regret wasting their lives getting good at arena, they would all say yes, except for a FEW like CDEW who will get hired at Blizzard instantly due to connections. Just like how Talbadar got hired. The players outside that clique can't afford gas money or rent.

The funny thing is that people like you actually think you can flaunt a stupid rating (in 2v2 lol) in something that has been a complete failure, when most people who played this game only did arena when it had ratings requirements for gear they could pvp/wpvp with. I got friends 1850 in WOTLK who had never set foot in arena before, because certain classes are just broken at 2 v 2 *cough* rogue. I never thought I was good and I thought arena was a joke. I guess I should have gotten the extra 150 to be "leet" when you didn't even get an item for it lol.

Enjoy the dying arena community. Probably be 25 of you next year.