Help me make the best dps prot war.

Warrior
I want to create a protection warrior to do massive damage instead of focus on defense so I can queue quickly, do good dps, and also solo those argus bosses faster. The cookie cutter stat priority is saying the following:

Strength;
Haste;
Mastery >= Versatility;
Critical Strike.

However I truly feel that with what I want to do Haste == Crit > Mastery > Vers would be far better. I feel the cookie cutter above is also accounting for the tanking part of it too and not pure dps. What would you guys do for the absolute best dps you can get?
02/22/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Andriyn
I want to create a protection warrior to do massive damage instead of focus on defense so I can queue quickly, do good dps, and also solo those argus bosses faster. The cookie cutter stat priority is saying the following:

Strength;
Haste;
Mastery >= Versatility;
Critical Strike.

However I truly feel that with what I want to do Haste == Crit > Mastery > Vers would be far better. I feel the cookie cutter above is also accounting for the tanking part of it too and not pure dps. What would you guys do for the absolute best dps you can get?

Crit is awful.

raidfinder 2pc t21 and go wild.
You're definitely gonna want the 2pc t21 like Niasoc said; that's a lot of Shield Slams you can get out in a short amount of time. Also, queue for WHAT exactly? If it's your daily heroic, just go in fury and burst everything down while queuing tank. I've done it at least a dozen times, it's pretty easy in 930+ gear. If you're gonna do like LFR with it, you'll probably wanna stack haste and mastery and actually be in Prot. You might be better off setting your loot spec to Fury and using DPS trinkets.
2p tier 21, Tgods / Kaku, and your highest ilvl haste gear. I almost always roll with bracers and belt/gloves and my damage is pretty insane from a tank. Prot can dish out some great numbers.
With anger management, bc is up so much that crit is still worth the least.

Haste + mastery is where its at.
Trinkets play a big part in the damage aspect as well. I use my Kazgoroth's courage and 950 Chrono Shard. Works quite nicely dps wise.

I can hit up to 1.5 mil dps if everything lines up nicely.
I do quite enjoy prot dps, of course there's the snag where you actually have to tank, I often burst higher than most of the other players in my raid, can easily hit 2.5m+ on the opener(3 with lust) my only issue is avatar vs the 10% ip damage boost, as that depends on the fight. as far as legendaries go, single target i think the best one (gloves go without saying) are the legs, increased shield block uptime means increased shield slam damage boost uptime, and the extra charge allows you to use it very freely, dont have to bank a charge for an upcoming mechanic, any sort of aoe and the belt probably takes over (I would say at 3+ targets, two is that iffy spot) Prot warrior is the pinnacle of tank dps, and with very effective cooldowns, last stand makes you virtually unkillable for the duration (especially with 3x relics) and anger management+the walls fell can make shield wall a close to one minute cd. Top end guilds haven't been using them for cutting edge mythic progression, so a lot of people think they're bad, but they can dish out the damage and take quite a bit of punishment.
If you are in an aoe situation, moonglaives plus bc can add a lot of dps, provided you time it right and mobs live long enough.
Kind of in a similar boat myself, I boosted this character to 110 after several years of not playing. That oathsworn set seems decent enough, haven't found any worthwhile upgrades. Though I havent doing any serious questing or dungeon running yet.

How rough is LFR? Something that can be done reasonably well if one understands basic mechanics of the fights?