Thalyssra and Burning of Teldrassil

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I'm curious, how do you think Thalyssra will respond to the burning of Teldrassil? Sure, she chose the Horde over the Alliance partly based on her frosty relationship with Tyrande in comparison to the similarities shared by the Blood Elves and Nightborne. However, do you think she'd approve of the burning of Teldrassil and the Night Elves being driven from their home? After all, whatever her relationship with Tyrande may be, the Night Elves did help liberate her people and her city. So for the people she allied with to then turn around and obliterate the homeland of the people who helped liberate her people and drive them into exile is a pretty big deal. What do you think Thalyssra's reaction would be? And do you think that she and the Nightborne will turn out to have participated in that action in any way?
"Serves you right for doubting my character."
Throw a party.
She won't react to it at all. Anything that would cause an actual dilemma, like the Nightborne reacting to the burning of a World Tree, or Blood Elves actually participating in Horde efforts and making their isolated kingdom a target of yet another war, won't happen.
She is very polite. She will offer us 'smores.

More seriously, I think she will be saddened it has come to this. But understanding that the new war she has jumped into is simply a reality for the Nightborn.
Depends.

If this really is Garrosh 2.0 the Burning of Teldrassil may be Thalyssra's epiphany that the Horde may have been a mistake. Difference there being, the Nightborne can just go off and remain strongly allied with the Blood Elves and let the rest of the Horde spiral out of control.

If this is not Garrosh 2.0, my guess is Sylvanas or Lor'themar will convince Thalyssra that the Night Elves would go after the Nightborne sooner or later, or that Teldrassil is corrupted or something.

As for her reaction... if she holds true to her Legion characterization, it should be the event which gives her pause and makes her reconsider the Horde, no matter how it's set up. If anything I expect in future conflicts she might go the General Hawthorne route, leaving lines open in the Horde's attacks for Kaldorei civilians to flee, trying to push them off of Kalimdor without utterly wiping them out.
03/11/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Finnoldoran

More seriously, I think she will be saddened it has come to this. But understanding that the new war she has jumped into is simply a reality for the Nightborn.
"I will ensure that the Nightborne return to Azeroth as protectors, not conquerors"

All she'll do is prove Tyrande right.
03/11/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Teilvia
03/11/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Finnoldoran

"I will ensure that the Nightborne return to Azeroth as protectors, not conquerors"

All she'll do is prove Tyrande right.

Ah, yes, another Alliance poster who lumps all crimes of certain Horde leaders on every member of the Horde. I doubt Thalyssra knew, or signed onto, burning down an entire city. However, what is without doubt, is that it wasn't an act of "genocide", nor in anyway comparable to what Azshara did. Hell, it isn't even comparable to what Daelin or Garrosh did, both of whom were genuine genocidal lunatics.

Thalyssra literally did nothing wrong. Sylvanas did something wrong, but it wasn't genocide, it was ruthless.

But it wasn't an attempt to eradicate all Night Elves, just destroy their city and leave them as refugees, with the goal of making sure they can't smuggle Azerite to the Alliance without their city.
[quote="207603899360"][quote="207604799469"]
Thalyssra literally did nothing wrong. Sylvanas did something wrong, but it wasn't genocide, it was ruthless.

Sylvanas did nothing wrong.
#bewaretheliving
considering that tyrande hurt her feelings she would set it on fire herself.

that's why she join horde after all.

lets hope that she did not make a mistake joining horde, if suramar result destroyed, it would be thalisra fault.
03/11/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Etheldald
considering that tyrande hurt her feelings she would set it on fire herself.

lets hope that she did not make a mistake joining horde, if suramar result destroyed, it would be thalisra fault.
I look forward to building a new summer home on the remains of Val'sharah. It will serve those tree-dwelling barbarians right.
We still do not know the details of what will happen at that battle yet. Still the Night Elves overall do not like HighBorne they only allow them back cause they needed them not cause they wanted them. So the way they treated a city that used to be full of Highborne now NightBorne is not a shock. Still we do not know what will cause that tree to burn yet till then we will have to wait and see.

Also there is more to her joining the horde then just the Night Elves being mean. To her the Horde lets the races that are apart of the Horde be true to who they are as a people. She also said that she feels that the Alliance would not let her people be who they are. And let be fair most races that join the Alliance tend to do want the humans want.
I'm... pretty sure tel'drassil has only been around for like, 30 years when it gets burnt down? I doubt anyone seriously cares about the tree that much

Edit: it might even be less than that, lol
03/11/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Etheldald

It's not, but whatever makes you feel better i guess
I don’t think dome elves know what a World Tree is, let alone its significance. And if the attack on Moon Guard Stronghold was anything to go by, the Nightborne don’t think much of the night elves in the first place.
"Tyrande was right to doubt me, this is what she gets for liberating my city mwuahahaha"
Touch herself as she spits a some relativistic speech about how terrible the Alliance and Night Elves are?

Oh, and Liardrin is there too to tell some real facts like "Did you know we can blame Night Elves for everything ever?! I know right! Crazy how terrible they are!"
03/11/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Maldazzar
I don’t think dome elves know what a World Tree is, let alone its significance. And if the attack on Moon Guard Stronghold was anything to go by, the Nightborne don’t think much of the night elves in the first place.

This. The Nightborne and Teldrassil have absolutely nothing to do with each other, so I can't imagine Thalyssra would care at all one way or another about its destruction.
Why would she care? She has no connection to Teldrassil and the Nightborne and Night Elves don't have a great relationship.
03/11/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Vilale
I'm... pretty sure tel'drassil has only been around for like, 30 years when it gets burnt down? I doubt anyone seriously cares about the tree that much

Edit: it might even be less than that, lol
By the same logic, no one should seriously care about Stormwind, Orgrimmar, anything the Forsaken have built, Dalaran post-rebuilding, Thunder Bluff, Echo Isles, etc either. Guess it's open season.