They removed metamorphosis? R U SRS?

General Discussion
I know I am late to the party here but how in the world does Blizzard justify this?

Every demo warlock loved this ability. I can attest that it was a lot of fun.

Is it because it's too much like the demon hunter? Too much competition for your hot new class? Way to throw locks under the bus.
03/14/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Viridianzero
I know I am late to the party here but how in the world does Blizzard justify this?
they don't have to.

they make the changes and we suck it up, that or quit.
We stoled it.

(I really miss WoD Demo too)
"Class identity" rubbish, that's why.

As if using fel and being the spellcaster class wouldn't give you capacity to change too.

And all they managed to do is make sure Warlocks feel weakre than DHs, because all these body changes like horns and all are the sign of more power. And all Warlocks look like is a mage covered in skulls.
Demon hunters had Metamorphosis before Warlocks did. That is, specifically, RTS Warcraft-era. Warlocks took it from DH cuz they weren't in WoW. Now DH is here and took it back.

That seems fair to me.
03/14/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Caelus
Demon hunters had Metamorphosis before Warlocks did. That is, specifically, RTS Warcraft-era. Warlocks took it from DH cuz they weren't in WoW. Now DH is here and took it back.

That seems fair to me.

I do recall that Illidan didn't have Metamorphosis until he absorbed the Power and Knowledge from the Skull of Gul'dan on the RTS Warcraft.

Gul'dan, as we all remember, was a Warlock.

That seems fair to me.

They can both have it

That seems fair to me.

This is about demonic transformation, not Meta alone. This is about the nature demonic magic and how it changes you.

It's the same as saying a Priests shouldn't have bubbles because "that's a Paladin thing with Divine Shield" or "Paladins can't ressurect because that's a Priest thing". Arbitrarily stating that one should and other shouldn't isn't class identity, it's trying too hard to pretend classes are more different than they really are.

And let's ignore the entire lore that literally led to Warlocks literally learning the exact Metamorphosis literally used by literal Demon Hunters.
It fits DH better, locks aren't demons they don't have a demon within.
They couldn't add a new class without cannibalizing stuff from preexisting classes sadly. I hope they stay away from new classes in the future if they cant do it without screwing other people over.
/sighs dramatically
03/14/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Jellarie

Locks use demonic energy, Fel, and we all know that using Fel in certain concentration turns the user into a demon. So there's that to silence you.
DHs are so barebones they had to siphon a beloved ability from another class. Why both classes connected to demons couldn't have it at the same time, your guess is as good as mine.
03/14/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Sietlock
03/14/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Jellarie

Locks use demonic energy, Fel, and we all know that using Fel in certain concentration turns the user into a demon. So there's that to silence you.

Use it, not become it. Locks are not demons.
Every demo warlock loved this ability.

False, Meta was the reason I couldn't stand playing Demonology.

I hate ult specs w/ build meters (like old demo/current shadow).

Demonology should have never been about turning into a demon, and should have always been about controlling leagues of demons.

EDIT: And people who say that DH's stole the ability, no they didn't. They only stole the name, and the aesthetic. The actual ability was taken by Shadow priests.
03/14/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Flaymmane
Demonology should have never been about turning into a demon, and should have always been about controlling leagues of demons.

Anyone who deals with fel is transformed by it. Even being kinda near it causes minor transformations. That's lore.

So I guess Warlocks no longer use fel. We use Friendship Power.
03/14/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Flaymmane
False, Meta was the reason I couldn't stand playing Demonology.
can you stand the godawful garbage current demo is?
03/14/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Deathchix
can you stand the godawful garbage current demo is?

Not really, still Destro forever, but I like it more than the old demo.

03/14/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Mortis
Anyone who deals with fel is transformed by it. Even being kinda near it causes minor transformations. That's lore.

Except very few warlocks in lore ever got the point where they transformed. The only one off the top of my head is Ebonlocke. Gul'dan I guess in Nighthold.
Every demo warlock loved this ability.

I HATED that ability on Demo, and I played only Demo until Legion... Demonic Empowerment spam killed the spec for me and caused me to actually spec change for once. So... no not "Every demo warlock loved this ability."
HAVE ANYONE SEEN WHERE MY STANCES WENT ??

oops caps, this is why i need my stance ^