Insurrection Nightborne prerequisite

Quests
I am somewhat confused and was hoping someone could provide some illumination.

I pre-purchased BfA. I didn't have a level 110 Horde character, so I used my boost to create one. I haven't previously completed any Suramar content. Do I need to complete all 11 chapters to be offered the Insurrection content?

I had read that there are no longer reputation gates to the content, so I do not understand why I haven't been offered the quests that begin the Insurrection chapter.

I suppose what I'd really like to know (and can't seem to easily find answers to) is how does one go from not having a Horde character to pre-purchasing BfA and unlocking the Nightborne?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
The start of the Suramar campaign is a bit wonky for boosts.

There are two easy things to try:
(1) See if you can get the quest from your Scounting Map in the order hall.
(2) Go down to Meredil and see if Thalyssra is waiting in the Shal'Aran cave with a quest.

If neither of those work, then it might take a bit more work.

From the Support Article:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/137381

After you finalize the boost, you will start in Dalaran and a quest will pop up on the screen. You must progress through the quest line and complete Sizing Up the Opposition before other quests are available to you.

Note: Other quests will open up 24 hours after boosting your character, regardless of your progress through the opening quest line.

So, you can go ahead and do the Argus campaign to see if it unlocks necessary quests for Nightfallen, or just wait a day and see if it becomes available. (In both cases, check the first 2 steps above to actually get it going if it doesn't pop up automatically for you.)
For what it's worth, you can unlock the prerequisite achievement and reputation on an Alliance character, then use your 110 Horde toon to complete the Allied Race unlock quest - if you have a 110 Alliance, of course.

Udiza is correct too, and that's the way to go if you don't have any other 110's.
Thank you for the info! Really appreciate the help.

I was looking around Dalaran for the quest start right after I boosted, but I'll check back now. It's been almost a week.

In the meantime I had headed over to Thalyssra and started receiving quest content from her, only it was all the 11 chapters of content leading up to Insurrection and I feared I'd have to complete all that before getting Insurrection.
02/25/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Qinkyu
In the meantime I had headed over to Thalyssra and started receiving quest content from her, only it was all the 11 chapters of content leading up to Insurrection and I feared I'd have to complete all that before getting Insurrection.

To be clear, you do have to do those 11 chapters to unlock the Insurrection quest line.

The quests Udiza was referring to were the start of the Suramar campaign, which is those first 11 chapters. Only after you've completed them will the Insurrection quest line become available.

If you want to unlock the Nightborne, those are the quests you need to be doing.
Oh! Thanks, Eppa. That was what I wasn't sure about. The requirements for the Highmountain Tauren seemed to be so much simpler. Completing all this content for the Nightborne seems pretty punitive. :(

But that's the race I want the most, so I guess I'll grind it out.

Thanks again to everyone that helped out!
Ok, actually one other question for anyone who has time:

I'm 4 chapters into the 11 Suramar story and it hasn't giving me the quests for chapter 5 yet (A Growing Crisis). I am stuck on "Growing Strong" which wants me to be Honored/Revered with the Nightfallen. I hate being stuck behind these rep gates.

What chaps my hide is looking on Wowhead it says in 7.3 the reputation requirements have been removed. If that's so, why is it waiting for me to finish "A Growing Crisis" before handing me any more quests?

...so confused.
Do you have a quest called 'Stuff of Dreams'? You WILL need to do that, its the last wing of Emerald Dream LFR - only the one boss and you'll be done.

Side note: If you have completed Suramar and Insurrection on an Alliance character it will count for the achievement cross-faction. You can just take your Horde character to the Embassy in Orgrimmar to start the quests to get the Nightborne.
AFAIK you only need the 110 Horde to pick up the quests to unlock the race. You should be able to do everything else on your Alliance main. That's my plan for shiny draenei anyhow
The achievements and racial unlocks are account wide. For example, I have all the achievements done with this alliance character and could in theory unlock the horde races, except I must have a 110 horde character already.

The final part of race unlocking is to go to the capital city (org or sw) and pick up a short quest that unlocks the new race. Your character has to be 110 to do this quest. 2 quests in total, 1 for each race. Once done, you never have to do those quests again. After that you can create the new races.
So wait, I'm a little confused still. In order to start the Insuurection quests you need to do the shal'ran storyquest lines. But do I also need to do the Argus questline?
08/21/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Lemoine
So wait, I'm a little confused still. In order to start the Insuurection quests you need to do the shal'ran storyquest lines. But do I also need to do the Argus questline?

Surarmar and related achieves are only to get the Nightborne allied race. If you want to get the Lightforged Dreanei or the Void Elves you will need to do Argus - both the questline and the reputation achievements.
so ive completed all 11 chapters of Surmaur and it didnt give me the questline for Insurrection..i seen a post that said try to choose it from the A.G. (adventure guide) but all i see is the Argus questline...do i need to start that to unlock insurrection?
11/07/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Onig
so ive completed all 11 chapters of Surmaur and it didnt give me the questline for Insurrection..i seen a post that said try to choose it from the A.G. (adventure guide) but all i see is the Argus questline...do i need to start that to unlock insurrection?

Argus quests are for Void Elves and Lightforged Draenai (sp is terrible) or if you really want to experience the story line.

Not getting the questline for Insurrection means that you still have a quest or two somewhere that needs to be done. I would suggest talking to Thalysra if he is still in the cave (feed him if need be). Also, make sure you have gotten Leyline Bling for all the portals and ley network stuff as that is required for the fruit that you have to give people at the beginning of each Insurrection chapter.