Ranged vs Melee in pvp?

Hunter
Is there any ranged class right now that can actually take out a melee class in pvp 1 on 1 consistently without a considerable and random advantage ?

I know the hunter community has discussed how it hits like a wet noodle these days, but what of the other caster classes?

Is it that the devs really believe that hunter shouldn't be able to do good damage? ?

or is there some sort of logic to the idea that ranged vs meleee should always be so uneven?
Warlock, but yes outside of that if I play on my ranged I stick to the group like glue because if I get caught solo its usually not gonna be pretty
Idk what you've been doing on your hunter but as long as you rotate yours CDs, BM should be fine vs meele. Heck even MM if you practice enough. If you are referring to wpvp then that w/e because it's been stated it's not balanced.
I don't know, but it seems like I can blow a full range of cooldowns and everything on certain melee and it doesn't seem to matter.

Now it could be they are willing to spend the gold on various potions or there are healers near by aiding them. It just gets really frustrating to feel like nothing I do makes a difference.

but no this is in battle grounds.

03/01/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Velysra
Idk what you've been doing on your hunter but as long as you rotate yours CDs, BM should be fine vs meele. Heck even MM if you practice enough. If you are referring to wpvp then that w/e because it's been stated it's not balanced.
With all cooldowns available I myself have issues with windwalker monks and their ridiculous mobility 1 v 1(the good ones anyway).

Anyways, this video pretty much shows how it's done, albeit he sometimes uses tailoring nets which is overkill and not completely necessary(though for bfa it might be since we lose our stun permanently).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pMDRuTjB_U
Im not too sure but I know SV can eat BM and MM alive
yeah but that's MM not BM. Also he's using Gliders and Nets which are not part of a hunters usual tool kit.

03/02/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Furrlex
With all cooldowns available I myself have issues with windwalker monks and their ridiculous mobility 1 v 1(the good ones anyway).

Anyways, this video pretty much shows how it's done, albeit he sometimes uses tailoring nets which is overkill and not completely necessary(though for bfa it might be since we lose our stun permanently).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pMDRuTjB_U
03/02/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Striperellá
Im not too sure but I know SV can eat BM and MM alive

Sv is not ranged
03/01/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Kirapandora
Is there any ranged class right now that can actually take out a melee class in pvp 1 on 1 consistently without a considerable and random advantage ?

I know the hunter community has discussed how it hits like a wet noodle these days, but what of the other caster classes?

Is it that the devs really believe that hunter shouldn't be able to do good damage? ?

or is there some sort of logic to the idea that ranged vs meleee should always be so uneven?

Only WW monks, ferals, and good DHs give me problems 1v1.a lot of it is just matching mobility tools up so they can't stick to you. In terms of damage. Full CDs from BM or MM is enough to drop someone who is not receiving external healing or has access to strong defensives CDs
I find I win more 1v1s against melee with MM than BM. MM pvp template is no where near as nerfed as BM so you can do more damage, and MM has more tools (Hi-Explosive trap and Bursting Shot) to use against the many gap closers melee can have.
03/01/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Ederach
Warlock, but yes outside of that if I play on my ranged I stick to the group like glue because if I get caught solo its usually not gonna be pretty

lol, you must be playing really terrible melee. All they need to do is stun/blind/fear your unending resolve and then interrupt you to death when it wears off.

The only ranged class that can duel melee is mage. Always has been the case with hunter being a close second on some xpacs.

All the gap closers melee have have been the result of an arms race against frost mages. The rest of the casters suffer as a result.