Should healers be able to interrupt again?

General Discussion
As a whole in previous expansions healers such as holy paladins and mistweavers Monks had the ability to interrupt their target in *melee* range. When legion launched Blizzard decided to take this gimmick away BUT allow restoration shamans to keep Wind shear.

My question is do healers miss having their interrupts and why would blizzard allow restoration shamans to keep theirs while holy paladins and mistweavers monks have more reason to be in melee and it clearly being shown melee classes were meant to be the interrupters.

This game has clearly shown Restoration shamans and holy paladins to have the most utility so why allow one to have a ranged interrupt and prune the one with a melee interrupt. Mistweavers monks have more reason to have one as well.
No, it makes them too good in Arenas.
Why are interrupts supposed to be limited to melee classes?
I have an interrupt as holy, but it doesn't work against boss types. There is a silence interrupt for shadow priests that I assume does.

Are you suggesting I shouldn't have one at all? If so, why?

Edit:
Never mind, I misunderstood and can see that's not what you're suggesting. To be fair, I think if one class has an interrupt, all should.
02/18/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Lathander

I've done arenas in legion and the amount of melee interaction a holy paladin has is none. You literally hide behind a pillar the entire time because should you choose to go into melee range you will die horribly you will be crowd controlled into oblivion and watch your teamates die.
A holy paladin going into melee range without and interrupt is stupid, with rebuke your taking a risk for a reward, your enemy can still juke the kick attempt but as of now there is nothing to fear from a holy paladin other then a dispellable stun.

02/18/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Rahan

Melee classes such as rogues and warriors are far better at interrupting then a warlock or priest. Kicking a target will always be favored in melee. range have them but melee are more efficient.

Then restrict the ability in pvp and allow us to interrupt outside of pvp.
no healers need a nerf in pvp
02/18/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Zahndi
I have an interrupt as holy, but it doesn't work against boss types. There is a silence interrupt for shadow priests that I assume does.

Are you suggesting I shouldn't have one at all? If so, why?

Yea because a restoration shaman can have wind shear. But a holy paladin and a mistweaver have to give up both rebuke and spear hand strike.

Do not all paladins have Hammer of Justice (which has a 10yd range)?
02/18/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Flamefur

This. It's rough enough for a healing class to level up (or do end-game zones) as it is without an interrupt...especially since Blizzard's pruning took away my shield.

In before "you should level as shadow/disc"...and treat the game like a second full-time job just to level up and equip those artifact weapons.
02/18/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Paudric
Melee classes such as rogues and warriors are far better at interrupting then a warlock or priest. Kicking a target will always be favored in melee. range have them but melee are more efficient.

This looks suspiciously like personal opinion stated as fact. It could easily be argued the other way around...that ranged would be a more efficient class for interrupts, and would give busy tanks one less mechanic to deal with.
I’d LOVE to have an interrupt since a lot of PUGs don’t know what an interrupt is. One of the reasons I love playing Resto is because they have an interrupt.
The point I am trying to get across is

Restoration shaman is a healer, they have had wind shear for a long while they still have it.

Holy paladins have had rebuke for a long while they got pruned from it.

Mistweaver monks had spear hand strike for a long while they got pruned from it.

Both a holy paladin and a mistweaver monk have to go into melee range to use it which is risky. Things can go wrong when they go into melee range and leave their cover.

A restoration shaman gets to cast it at range there is no risk in this.

All of these classes have stuns and crowd controls all of which some are talents.

Would it be fine to limit it to only PvE. sure That would be fine.

I mean to say ranged have a longer cooldown on their interrupts then most melee.
Hammer of Justice is ranged at 10 yards. Since the effectiveness of a Holy Paladin depends on it being close to the melee group, it makes sense for it to be nearby the boss/enemies. That said, there's also Repentance, which has a range of 30 yards.
*laughs in Shaman
02/18/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Alaundis
Hammer of Justice is ranged at 10 yards. Since the effectiveness of a Holy Paladin depends on it being close to the melee group, it makes sense for it to be nearby the boss/enemies. That said, there's also Repentance, which has a range of 30 yards.

What is your point? A shaman can hex, have an aoe stun through their totem and have a range interrupt.

Repentance is a talent option, just like the shaman's stun aoe totem.
02/18/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Alaundis

Repentance also removes all dots from the enemy, can be interrupted and dispelled.
02/18/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Flamefur

I'd be fine with that.
I am somewhat annoyed that I don't have an interrupt when healing. I don't pvp. I would like to interrupt the casting mobs in dungeons or when I'm questing (which I do like to do in resto). However, I've learned to deal with whatever garbage Blizz gives me. It'll change again, and I'll have to relearn all my specs again anyway.

they arent though. mages, locks and hunters can all do it, im sure im missing some too
Why does a ret pally need freedom, heals and bubbles? Are they not DPS? It is best suited for prot and holy to be the only two specs to have these spells not a dps spec. Even while soloing / questing, there is no need for a ret paladin to have access to them.
02/18/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Shinobe

they arent though. mages, locks and hunters can all do it, im sure im missing some too

Every Shaman spec as well.